IGNORED

John Banks - Junior Reds

Silvio Dante

I know that many of you on here were  members of the Junior Reds back in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s where there were many awaydays and the club room, formerly behind the Williams and latterly under the Dolman. 

The main man running the Junior Reds, which took up many hours and with many stresses, all for nothing, was my father, John Banks. Even after ceasing involvement in the Junior Reds, he continued to attend every home game in the South stand despite deteriorating health.

John died today at the age of 72. Fittingly, the team won for him and he passed shortly after the final whistle.

RIP Dad. Proud of you and the work you did at our great club.

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know that many of you on here were  members of the Junior Reds back in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s where there were many awaydays and the club room, formerly behind the Williams and latterly under the Dolman. 

The main man running the Junior Reds, which took up many hours and with many stresses, all for nothing, was my father, John Banks. Even after ceasing involvement in the Junior Reds, he continued to attend every home game in the South stand despite deteriorating health.

John died today at the age of 72. Fittingly, the team won for him and he passed shortly after the final whistle.

RIP to your father John Banks @Silvio Dante, I was a member of the  Junior Reds in the 90’s and still have my birthday card from Jackie. Our club is built on the hard work if your dad and many others 

So sorry for your loss.  I knew your dad from the Junior Reds in the 80's and 90's.  Was a proper dyed in the wool red and a great man who did so much for us back then.  Rest in Peace Mr Banks.  You will be remembered fondly by this (now not so) Junior Red.

I wore the red and white with the Junior Reds a few times in the early 90s so I guess he was the nice fella organising those games? 

Sorry about your loss mate. The win today is most definitely dedicated to John.

RIP John

I use to do plenty of away games with the junior reds early to mid 90's, John was a great bloke who gave up a lot of time to serve the club and help young fans enjoy the experience of following City home and away. I am sorry for your loss, i hope you take comfort in the fact that he was loved and appreciated by so many. I for one wouldn't have enjoyed following City as much as i did was it not for Johns dedication to the junior reds.

Your dad was a top man SD. Spent many a Saturday away day on the JR coach setting off early to play a game against other teams junior supporters before going on to the ground. 

There will be thousands of city fans along with their children who turn up week in, week out, directly because of your dad. RIP John. 

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hi its Matt Gardner here, I've known your family for a long time and played for your dads teams, really shocked and sorry for your loss, I remember your dad taking me to one side and having a good chat on how to improve my game. he always made time for people and football was his passion. 

my thoughts are with you and your family.

Stay strong

Matt

Archived