IGNORED

John Banks - Junior Reds

Silvio Dante

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know that many of you on here were  members of the Junior Reds back in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s where there were many awaydays and the club room, formerly behind the Williams and latterly under the Dolman. 

The main man running the Junior Reds, which took up many hours and with many stresses, all for nothing, was my father, John Banks. Even after ceasing involvement in the Junior Reds, he continued to attend every home game in the South stand despite deteriorating health.

John died today at the age of 72. Fittingly, the team won for him and he passed shortly after the final whistle.

RIP Dad. Proud of you and the work you did at our great club.

My condolences on this sad loss for you and your family. It’s hard when this happens for all. Be assured you have support every where.

RIP John. I was a member of the junior reds back in the mid 90s and went on several away trips, playing games in the morning all over the place. It must have been a lot of hard work organising these trips. John, his family and everyone else involved were very much appreciated. Sorry for your loss @Silvio Dante

Hi all - and apologies for the bump.

Its meant a lot to my dads widow, Claire, to read all the tributes here. Both me and her are really thankful for what everyone’s said. Mum doesn’t do the internet so I’ve given her a printout and she’s treasuring it.

Anyhow. Reason for bump is that dads funeral is tomorrow. Because of this sodding COVID it has to be 30 only, but if anyone wants to celebrate dads life and what he did for bcfc, donations to prostate cancer uk are more than welcomed. No obligation - but if you wish it would be appreciated.

incidentally, @JerrySLO I - and all the family - would appreciate it if you could get something on the OS. Mainly to help prostate cancer uk but I think it’s important to show how the volunteer fans are appreciated. Thanks.

I remember your dad extremely well , my nickname was “ marmite “ I used to play for the junior reds wow probably from late  80s till late 90s !! 

It was an awesome experience as a young lad I went to so many away game with your dad and played some amazing games on the pitch away with city !! Always remember the first pick up from the Gate was at “ Yate shopping centre “ then off to whoever city we’re playing!!   

Yeah your dad did well , was a good man and put so much effort into the junior reds, 

so sorry to here of his passing , my he rip  , jay aka “ marmite “ xx 

Sorry to hear of his passing 

On 11/07/2020 at 20:08, Silvio Dante said:

I know that many of you on here were  members of the Junior Reds back in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s where there were many awaydays and the club room, formerly behind the Williams and latterly under the Dolman. 

The main man running the Junior Reds, which took up many hours and with many stresses, all for nothing, was my father, John Banks. Even after ceasing involvement in the Junior Reds, he continued to attend every home game in the South stand despite deteriorating health.

John died today at the age of 72. Fittingly, the team won for him and he passed shortly after the final whistle.

RIP Dad. Proud of you and the work you did at our great club.

R.i.P john did you marry Claire? I think I remember him and you mate .

Archived