IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

1 hour ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

So, back to Mr Gerrard.

There are no guarantees of success whoever we appoint.

If we can grin and bear being referred to as "Steven Gerrard's Bristol City" I think it would be a good appointment. What this club needs more than anything is the raising of its profile in the football world. Even if SG didn't eventually cut the mustard, the fact that he left Rangers to join us is a sea change in our standing and reputation which would stand us in good stead for future recruitment of players, managers, coaching staff and even fans.

And you never know, SG might be our manager in the Premier League for many years to come.

giphy.gif.cf-1.gif

• Admin
3 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Once SG got his feet under the table and Liverpool eventually called he would no doubt reply "Nah, us Ciderheads are in the middle of a project and I want to finish what we started. Sorry Koppites."

I guess one thing, if Liverpool did come calling it would hopefully mean he has been doing a great and succesful job?

1 hour ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

So, back to Mr Gerrard.

There are no guarantees of success whoever we appoint.

If we can grin and bear being referred to as "Steven Gerrard's Bristol City" I think it would be a good appointment. What this club needs more than anything is the raising of its profile in the football world. Even if SG didn't eventually cut the mustard, the fact that he left Rangers to join us is a sea change in our standing and reputation which would stand us in good stead for future recruitment of players, managers, coaching staff and even fans.

And you never know, SG might be our manager in the Premier League for many years to come.

Does anyone know if this is actually a serious proposition ?

If not we make the gas look poor relations in the delusional stakes.

If entitled. Rangers would expect massive compensation that would be diverted from the playing budget.

Why would he come here anyway btw ?

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Does anyone know if this is actually a serious proposition ?

If not we make the gas look poor relations in the delusional stakes.

If entitled. Rangers would expect massive compensation that would be diverted from the playing budget.

Why would he come here anyway btw ?

Why did Lampard go to Derby ? 

52 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Looking forward to when Hughton/Gerrard gets us into the playoffs and half this forum says "Gerrard/Hughton would have got us automatic"

We could actually get the best of both. 
Hughton’s middle name is Gerard. 
So if we employ Chris, we could semi-hyphenate his name and call him Gerard-Hughton. 

28 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A stepping stone to Liverpool. Taking us or any championship team for that matter to premier league and staying there will be seen as a much bigger achievement than winning the SPL imo

Just now, Taunton_BCFC said:

A stepping stone to Liverpool. Taking us or any championship team for that matter to premier league and staying there will be seen as a much bigger achievement than winning the SPL imo

Edit. Sorry quoted wrong message meant to quote the “why would he come here”

4 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Edit. Sorry quoted wrong message meant to quote the “why would he come here”

He could look a chump coming back down inside a season or two which happens to most teams.

Liverpool wouldn't recruit a successor to Klopp from the Championship now they are back where they "belong"

45 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Harry Redknapp apparently helped steer Mel Morris towards him.

He did a solid job and nearly first go success, number of notable feats but that's a plum first job! He's doing fine at Chelsea but again nothing spectacular thusfar I think.

Bolstered by an allegedly dubious amortisation method and a claimed to be overvalued stadium....it's not like for like at all. Hope they get hammered in the EFL hearing.

Gerrard doing okay with Rangers but nothing mind blowing IMO. 

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2020/05/19/chelsea-fc/1021375-mel-morris-frank-lampard-blew-me-away.html

Jobs for the boys a bit. 

Redknapp persuades Morris to take a look. 

Nice and handy, Chelsea loans for Tomori and Mount- bolstered Derby and Lampard without doubt. 

Lampard to Chelsea.

15 hours ago, Superjack said:

Lots of reasons why people might have 'second' teams, Premier or not.

I have explained this on here before, but my Grandma was a Scouser and supported Everton. She died in early May 1984. Two weeks later Howard Kendall's team won the FA Cup, and that was the start of arguably the greatest Everton team of all time. She missed it. And I miss her. So I 'took up the baton', if you will.

It really boils my piss when people infer on here (not necessarily aimed at you, as I don't think that you were) that if you have an interest in another team it somehow makes you less of a City fan.

It's not a penis contest.

If it was, I'd win. ?

You’re quite right, I have never lived within 100 miles (that’s a guess) of Bristol, but BCFC are my team due to family. Always have been and always will.

Supporting Worthing is more about an afternoon out with my dad (Also a BCFC supporter obvs) and a cheap way of seeing some actually relatively decent football.

It’s the people that have no personal connection to a team I don’t understand.

I’ll give the penis contest a miss I think, bit cold here. ?

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

He could look a chump coming back down inside a season or two which happens to most teams.

Liverpool wouldn't recruit a successor to Klopp from the Championship now they are back where they "belong"

No but say he took us up and kept us up for 4/5 years then they would imo! But of course he could come here and totally flop who knows 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Harry Redknapp apparently helped steer Mel Morris towards him.

If "Arry was advising Mel Morris it's no wonder they had to sell Pride Park to bail to avoid ffp problems.

• Admin
1 hour ago, warbie_118 said:

Down to 7/2 now ?

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

11/4 now . Interesting 

it just means people are backing him

When we hear we've been given permission by Rangers to speak to him then you'll know the wheels are in motion 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Rangers are due to play a couple of friendlies in France later this week, will be interesting to see if he travels with them.

and if he does, keep an eye out for Mark Ashton taking a flight ✈️ 

I’ll take him providing he brings his boots and plays defensive midfield.

Other than that, we’ve had a young, up-coming manager and that failed. Why the hell would we want to repeat  the same mistake? Typical City, but I thought we were better than that now (and not Appleton either as part of a cosy little ex-Oxford ‘clan’).

On 12/07/2020 at 09:48, Red Army 75 said:

Bristol City fs. Sort of team that if you saw a wee guy wearing their strip on holiday you’d be like aw that’s a sin

Despite them being perennial nonentities, their deluded fans have completely unfounded delusions of grandeur.

As an example, they had a decent run in the League Cup a few years ago and they convinced themselves that after promotion (that was a given), they’d be competing with Man City for the title. Think they finished 12th.

It may be too much cider, but could be the affects of fertiliser for the carrot crunching Wurzel freaks.

Before they got rid of Johnson, they were content in that they’d see season on season improvement if they finished 8th image.gif.adebeb636202bdd715b5db2617d7126f.gif

Some beauty’s on their forum talking about little Bristol City. The sweaty socks aren’t getting worried are they 

Just signed up to there forum. 

I'll open with is this chew on my nans teet, any other suggestions? 

And going through it, it might as well be a Celtic forum, everything in the context of what there up to.. f that tripe.

SG not as popular as he should be with them either. I get that there a 'bigger club' but they simply wouldn't be if they had to deal with the level of competition the EFL represents. More like Carlisle! 

2 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Just signed up to there forum. 

I'll open with is this chew on my nans teet, any other suggestions? 

And going through it, it might as well be a Celtic forum, everything in the context of what there up to.. f that tripe.

SG not as popular as he should be with them either. I get that there a 'bigger club' but they simply wouldn't be if they had to deal with the level of competition the EFL represents. More like Carlisle! 

They are on a different planet to us with a global presence massive fanbase regular European competition so if he has any sense he will stay there until a Premier league club with backing comes in for him. 

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

They are on a different planet to us with a global presence massive fanbase regular European competition so if he has any sense he will stay there until a Premier league club with backing comes in for him. 

I get your point, but getting Bristol city promoted and maintaining a place in the PL is a bigger challenge than finishing 2nd and out in the group stage in Europe. 

I realize staying there and waiting is the easiest option. But he never came across as that kind of guy to me. 

I know he will be a Liverpool manager one day. I have doubts it will be straight after klopp, if he has any smarts he will wait untill klopps replacement fails (Ala Moyes at manu) and the come in and save the preverbial day. 

I'd prefer Houghton, but it would be a good job for SG and he knows it. 

Archived