IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Imagine if you will Major that you're a young woman out in town and looking for a date (there you are in your high heels and short skirt...)

That night you get the number of two blokes. The first is called Hughton. He's a handsome enough chap, perhaps a little dull but you get the impression he's husband material.

The second is called Gerrard. He's the sexy option and he'll look great in your Instagram selfies, but you don't know if he'll treat you right. Do you give him a chance to prove himself, or is it too much of a risk?

Where's Houghton in all this?

I'd be pleased with Gerrard personally. Like the way his Rangers side play and they have narrowed the gap with Celtic despite them having a much bigger budget and had a good run in the Europa league. 

He's obviously a massive name as well and we will become much more appealing to players with him here. 

The fact that nobody is short odds-on suggest that the bookies don’t know who’s really in the running.  This won’t be a big book in the grand scheme of things, and they aren’t gonna lose any money unless people suddenly get a whiff of an appointment and get in before they react (unlikely).

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

On Oddschecker at 10.59 am  Houghton is 6/5 Gerrard 8/1...........so talk of the Liverpudlian maestro's odds falling are just not true.  Houghton is a shoo in, the bookies rarely get it wrong.   Just before i posted i checked elsewhere, and on Skybet Gerrard IS 6//4, so thats a big difference.  However I trust Oddscheckers spokesman who seems convinced Houghton is the man for us.  Confusing isn't it?

Gerrards odds are falling. Look at some of the bookies websites 

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

Imagine if you will Major that you're a young woman out in town and looking for a date (there you are in your high heels and short skirt...)

That night you get the number of two blokes. The first is called Hughton. He's a handsome enough chap, perhaps a little dull but you get the impression he's husband material.

The second is called Gerrard. He's the sexy option and he'll look great in your Instagram selfies, but you don't know if he'll treat you right. Do you give him a chance to prove himself, or is it too much of a risk?

Me in my younger days. drag queen episode 10 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I would probably have taken them both on . 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Gerrards odds are falling. Look at some of the bookies websites 

U r correct, it would seem the normally reliable Oddschecker is not up to speed. and that Paddy Power and Skybet have Gerrard as equal favourite.  I give up, i think, like everyone else i will just wait and see.  Thanks for the update.

Just now, maxjak said:

U r correct, it would seem the normally reliable Oddschecker is not up to speed. and that Paddy Power and Skybet have Gerrard as equal favourite.  I give up, i think, like everyone else i will just wait and see.  Thanks for the update.

Wait and see and hope it’s Hughton.  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The fact that nobody is short odds-on suggest that the bookies don’t know who’s really in the running.  This won’t be a big book in the grand scheme of things, and they aren’t gonna lose any money unless people suddenly get a whiff of an appointment and get in before they react (unlikely).

Robbie Fowler was on the news tonight. He’s leaving OZ for an opportunity in the UK

Personally, I'm still more keen on Hughton. I'm a bit apprehensive about Gerrard; it's a massive risk but I do understand the benefits that his name carries alone. However, can we be bothered to watch another manager learn his trade for the next few years? 

12 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

It doesn’t stop individuals having two ‘jobs’.

12 hours ago, James54De said:

Just forget the idea. It would not be allowed. 100%.

Rooney gets 50k per week as a player & 50k per week as a coach. Coaching wages don't count towards FFP.

Of course Derby are the masters of FFP loopholes, but I'm sure there could be other potential holes.

Not that I'd want to see our club go down that route.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Linked with Birmingham.

On the news ABC oz it was suggested he has been appointed as a head coach but it didn’t say the club and his four kids are looking forward to living back in the UK.

6 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Rooney gets 50k per week as a player & 50k per week as a coach. Coaching wages don't count towards FFP.

Of course Derby are the masters of FFP loopholes, but I'm sure there could be other potential holes.

Not that I'd want to see our club go down that route.

The 50:50 role only applies to Lg1 and Lg2 so was a bit of a myth for Rooney.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Also LJ was a midfielder, Gerrard was a midfielder. We must never appoint a former midfielder as manager ever again.

That’s why Fowler was a forward. Wait and see,

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Such a staggering failure that Chelsea got him the first chance they had. where he continues to fail and blunder into the third best team in the country.

You’ve specularly missed the point there. It worked out brilliant for Frank, no denying that. Not so much for derby though. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly this, nobody has a clue who our next manager will be

3 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

You’ve specularly missed the point there. It worked out brilliant for Frank, no denying that. Not so much for derby though. 

It would have been a number of different reasons but one big reason why Chelsea appointed Frank in the first place would have been because his season at Derby was successful, if he'd finished 13th do you really think they'd have still gone for him? Its part of football be successful and there's a good chance you lose the people that make you successful. For Gerrard to move on from here it would probably be because he'd be successful with us. If it were the same circumstances, losing a play off final and Gerrard taking a prem job, its another season of enhancing our reputation and making us more attractive again to higher standard managers and players.

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It would have been a number of different reasons but one big reason why Chelsea appointed Frank in the first place would have been because his season at Derby was successful, if he'd finished 13th do you really think they'd have still gone for him? Its part of football be successful and there's a good chance you lose the people that make you successful. For Gerrard to move on from here it would probably be because he'd be successful with us. If it were the same circumstances, losing a play off final and Gerrard taking a prem job, its another season of enhancing our reputation and making us more attractive again to higher standard managers and players.

100% agree on all of this. The point I’m making is that Derby did not progress under FF. They either plateaued or stagnated, depending on perspective. Our appointment needs to propel us and the model (of 1) doesn’t show that this works. 

3 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Exactly this, nobody has a clue who our next manager will be

Agree with you mate. SL and his acolytes will be wetting themselves at us gullible fans entertaining the idea that we will get somebody who is qualified to take us to the Promised Land. All the time knowing that they have the bloke from Newport County lined up "An outstanding candidate from a staggering field of applicants"

Unless SL has had a massive change of personality we will not get anyone of proven Premiership promotion quality or capability.

Hope he isn't going to do one of his barmy Steve Coppell/David James gambles. If so we could end up with Gerrard and that is bound to fail IMHO. It would also give him more spurious ammunition to resist ambitious managerial appointments.

Hey Ho. We are cursed. Truly hope that I am wrong and that he has the guts to go for it.

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Archived