IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As in all walks of life, there are official and non official ways of doing things. For example, a random person says to a certain manager  that there might be a club in the far south who might be interested in speaking to you about drinking cider, eating Clark’s pies and singing along with the Wurzels. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. If the manager says I love cider, pies and Wurzels then it goes to the next level. If, on the other hand, the said manager says “I like piña coladas
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne” then it’s no deal 

Are we recruiting a new manager or the head of MI5? :) 

4 hours ago, Jacki said:

Hughton would be my first choice, and he’s such an obvious appointment I can’t understand why we haven’t already brought him in. 

Didn't the quote about his interest saying we could get to the prem in a few years have the line 'with the right funding'? Perhaps we discussed what that level of funding would look like and we're considering/thought it was too much for us to deliver? 

3 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Discipline. Something he has not been able to address at Rangers. Another sending off tonight.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

He wouldn't have Morelos, which would help.

It wasn't Morelos who was sent off.

In fact, it was our old friend Ryan Kent, sent off for a petulant slap after he had been fouled.

12 hours ago, Nibor said:

Coaching wages do count towards FFP.

They didn't count towards SCMP which was for league one and two.

FFP is about overall business losses and has relatively few exclusions and exceptions.

Theres a lad at work whose a big Derby fan and quite sensible, and he was explaining to me that Bet32 have a clause in their sponsorship where they pay the wages of a "marquee signing". Guess who wears number 32!

11 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Well I know where he is tonight..................in France as Rangers are playing Lyon in a friendly.

But did you know where his agent was?! (me neither ... but agents have huge roles to play in deals like appointing a new manager - the actual target doesn’t have to be present at every or any meeting...)

12 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Great read and indicates many areas where we have had holes . I do not see SG coming , but would be happy if he did . Very . 

What an interesting read. With the management team SG has, how can he fail. 

The article highlights the fact that Gerrard is very different to LJ. SG is a man manager whereas LJ is much more concerned with the tactics, and intricacies attached.

Most very successful managers such as Shankly, Ferguson, Klopp and so many others, are man managers with good coaching staff.

I'd like Houghton as a proven manager but to have Gerrard could be even more productive and exciting for Bristol City FC.

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

See page 1.

Thanks...

But unlike Hughton, has Gerrard ever said or indicated that he would be interested?

Normally after two weeks, we get the "sources, close to.." stuff coming through.

Given that the transfer window opens in just over a week. We will need to make a decision one way or another soon.

1 minute ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Thanks...

But unlike Hughton, has Gerrard ever said or indicated that he would be interested?

Normally after two weeks, we get the "sources, close to.." stuff co.ing through.

Given that the transfer window opens in just over a week. We will need to make a decision one way or another soon.

Have you seen a quote from Hughton that he’s interested? I haven’t. Or from anyone else - all hearsay, from varying sources.

11 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Bet the lansdowns are pissing themselves reading these threads everyday tbh

Especially when they look at their betting slip with £100,000 on Ian Dowie at 5,000 /1 ! :) 

13 hours ago, rangers_fan said:

The fact that Scottish media are not covering this story suggests to me there is not much substance to it as they are desperate to see Gerrard bail on Rangers.

If they even had the slightest indication that this was on the cards it would be all over the news today in Scotland.

Most of the Rangers forums have completely dismissed the link as he reportedly turned down a big offer from Derby last year.

All our "ITK" posters have completely ruled this out. We shall see I guess.

It would be a chance for Rangers to get shot of the least successful manager in their history though.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Have you seen a quote from Hughton that he’s interested? I haven’t. Or from anyone else - all hearsay, from varying sources.

Indeed.

I suppose the nice thing, is the only person who has publicly said no is Pulis. Who thankfully, I'm sure was never in the frame anyway.

Obviously a huge decision for the club. But the uncertainty at the moment, will start to impact on the planning for next season; if we allow it to drag on for much longer.

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

As in all walks of life, there are official and non official ways of doing things. For example, a random person says to a certain manager  that there might be a club in the far south who might be interested in speaking to you about drinking cider, eating Clark’s pies and singing along with the Wurzels. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. If the manager says I love cider, pies and Wurzels then it goes to the next level. If, on the other hand, the said manager says “I like piña coladas
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne” then it’s no deal 

12 hours ago, downendcity said:

Are we recruiting a new manager or the head of MI5? :) 

The weather in St Petersburg has been uncommonly good for the time of year.

Yes, and the herring gull has nested in the old chimney back home.

Welcome Mr Gerrard, we have been expecting you. 

Archived