IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

1 hour ago, UREDS_91 said:

So Johnson with a scouse accent then? 

Thought the same the other day to be honest.

Fans opinions on him seem very split, much like ours was with Johnson. Both have similar traits, especially when you read about him throwing players under the bus, and then not seeing them for a while.

I still think this could be a smokescreen  for the real target. Gerrard hasn't really achieved much as a manager/coach, especially when you think that Rangers' budget is probably only 2nd to Celtic anyway. He should be able to get them into the top two in Scotland!!!

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Thought the same the other day to be honest.

Fans opinions on him seem very split, much like ours was with Johnson. Both have similar traits, especially when you read about him throwing players under the bus, and then not seeing them for a while.

I still think this could be a smokescreen  for the real target. Gerrard hasn't really achieved much as a manager/coach, especially when you think that Rangers' budget is probably only 2nd to Celtic anyway. He should be able to get them into the top two in Scotland!!!

I don't really think that it was when he was appointed.

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That’s not really amazing. Everyone is the same age as somebody else. 

Who said anything about amazing? He was only in his early 30s when he managed City along with Hodgson and is only 11 years older than Hughton, nothing amazing about that either

7 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Howton is a tried and tested manager who would appease most people but if anyone can inspire a group of players to play above themselves,  it will be Gerrard.  Ill be happy with either to be fair

Agreed.

Huton is a safe pair of hands - but gerard will inspire.

7 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Howton is a tried and tested manager who would appease most people but if anyone can inspire a group of players to play above themselves,  it will be Gerrard.  Ill be happy with either to be fair

I think Houghton would be able to inspire just as well, after all being managed by Jack Charlton for Ireland and Dalglish at Liverpool he has a great pedigree. 

1 minute ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Who said anything about amazing? He was only in his early 30s when he managed City along with Hodgson and is only 11 years older than Hughton, nothing amazing about that either

Huhgton or houthon ? 

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Is he even alive?

Bob Houghton; Pretty amazing being only 27 when he took over at Malmö in 1974 and guided them to the European Cup Final in 1979. They remain the only Swedish team to ever reach the final. He went from Maidstone to Malmö... Amazing. 

I always got blown away by the sight of him in the dug out with his flowing blond hair and his sheepskin coat.. reminded me of my hero Malcolm Allison. I felt let down badly when he failed to turn the fortunes of City around.

47 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think Houghton would be able to inspire just as well, after all being managed by Jack Charlton for Ireland and Dalglish at Liverpool he has a great pedigree. 

Never played for Liverpool spent most of his career at Spurs.

50 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

When was Hughton managed by Dalglish? 

Edit just seen below and got it. Well Whoooshed 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Jokanovic ideally. Realistically Robins

The former certainly wouldn't come cheap. He seems to be pretty driven my money given his stints in Tel-Aviv and now Qatar. Gotta question the motivation of anyone that ends up turning down proper jobs to go to somewhere like Qatar just for the big bucks. 

He'd command a salary of around £2m, which is more than we'd likely have to pay for Houghton.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

What Pedigree?

Not sure you know what you're talking about Chum?  :)

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The former certainly wouldn't come cheap. He seems to be pretty driven my money given his stints in Tel-Aviv and now Qatar. Gotta question the motivation of anyone that ends up turning down proper jobs to go to somewhere like Qatar just for the big bucks. 

He'd command a salary of around £2m, which is more than we'd likely have to pay for Houghton.

I thought we are prepared to pay more for Gerrard?

8 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

That's a proper TR as was my TR6... Oooh I did love that overdrive button... And even in 2nd.

Yep.

Had a TR6 and loved it.

Then a Stag with 3.5 Rover engine - after the original blew up.

Happy days.

Anyway, Gerrard is a pipe dream Steve - move on.

Archived