IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

I always analyse the messaging and interests me that the club would be happy for rejection to be made public.

Is that because they want to show the fans that they tried?

Or was it being leaked from Gerrard's side as a symbol of his loyalty?

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I always analyse the messaging and interests me that the club would be happy for rejection to be made public.

Is that because they want to show the fans that they tried?

Or was it being leaked from Gerrard's side as a symbol of his loyalty?

Either way it doesn't look like Gerrard will be our man

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Strange "win". You identify your number 1 target and he rejects you? 

That's rejection and a defeat. But you roll with the punches and move onto your next target.

Steve Lansdowns Number 1 target....is a lot different to Bristol City supporters Number 1 target.  I am relieved he has turned us down. IMHO we need experience at this time.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Steve Lansdowns Number 1 target....is a lot different to Bristol City supporters Number 1 target.  I am relieved he has turned us down. IMHO we need experience at this time.

Rather Lansdown made the decisions around here than the fans. Some of the opinions on here are ridiculous at best sometimes. Trust the board

Just now, eric04 said:

Gregor’s source is the Daily Record’s podcast. The guys name is Duncan Castles. 

Specifically this podcast. The matter is discussed from about 46:30.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/12250300/newcastle-takeover-every-question-answer

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Bristol Live understands is used twice in the full article

Yes, but not in Gregor's tweet. He usually uses it in the tweet itself.

I'm glad if it's true.

Who wants to be known as Steven Gerrard's Bristol City for starters...

Joking aside... finding a coach/manager that will agree to fit in with our set up will be a hard task after LJ.

From an owner's point of view it was the perfect scenario.

I feel the goal posts may have to move towards what the manager wants a little, to get what's going to move us forward.

If Gerrard turned us down..was it because we are BCFC, or because of our conditions? Or did we turn him down as found not to our liking after interview...if he did.

Any coach coming in will have his way of working. Will that coincide with working with MA and our present coaching staff? Will we want to keep what we've got in place? Will a new manager want his own staff?

I think these questions are what will decide who comes in.

I don't think you can fault the board for identifying their number 1 choice and go for broke to get him.  It had to be someone, and if SG fitted the bill, so be it.

If anything I say fair play.  He was a big target and we will never know how close we actually came.  Draw a line under it and move on.

Like I have said in previous posts, this job actually should be on radars of managers 2 or 3 years ago were out of our reach.  As far as wages are concerned, if we can agree a punt on player will probably cost $1-2 million then spending this on a managers wages, should not be off putting.

With a transfer window looming, I would imagine that MA has already identified the players he wants and the players he will move on.  Another assumption is that the new man will probably have to fall in line with those decisions, the longer this goes on the more relevant this statement will become.

Its a process and very complex one at that.  Hold on to your hats I say, this is far from over.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If we miss out on Hughton, a proven winner at this level, because we fannied about trying to poach a completely unproven Gerrard, it will be the most Bristol City thing ever. 

My thoughts exactly.

It’s Gray, Gayle and Nketiah all over again. Faffing about chasing unrealistic targets who show no signs of wanting to come here rather than focusing on realistic and sensible options.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Why the **** would SG leave rangers for Bristol city. Bizarre the whole thing.

I wouldn't say it was bizarre, its more of statement of A) How far we have come as club. B) Nails on the superiority of the Championship over the SPL.   SG has demonstrated his loyalty throughout his career, I didn't think he would leave Rangers for us, he wants to see the job through.  Far enough.  I don't have a problem with the club trying to get the man that might be out of their reach, rather someone who would say yes straight away.

Archived