IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think you are right @Kid in the Riot and I don’t think the money required would be an issue to SL. He could always be employed ‘off the books’.

I think SG might want a way out, he will not want to be the Rangers Manager If Celtic win 10 in a row, which is almost inevitable as the Teddy Bears are broke.

No he couldn't. That would break all sorts of rules.

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Probably been mentioned but SG is on approx £2.5M a year.  We’re not going to pay + that, are we? 

Where are people getting this Gerrard salary figure from? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but Rangers pay their players an average of £12k a week (source: Global Sports Salaries Survey January 2020) - and the survey believes that Rangers average weekly pay figure has been artificially inflated by the likes of Jermain Defoe joining them - so lots of players aren’t earning anywhere near £12k a week at Ibrox.... and  it wasn’t so long ago that Rangers’ average pay for their players was £6k per week, and at that time Celtic’s average player wage was £16k per week. 

Given all that, would the Gers realistically shell out four times their average weekly players’ pay to their manager? I’ve seen figures of over £2m per year bandied about by the likes of The Daily Express newspaper - but has anyone got a more robust source than that?!

Just now, ScottishRed said:

Really? Could be employed at £1m as our manger / head coach and £1.5 m as a ‘consultant’ to Bristol Sport - job done.

Certainly would not happen. FFP will include regs to outlaw anything like that.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Where are people getting this Gerrard salary figure from? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but Rangers pay their players an average of £12k a week (source: Global Sports Salaries Survey January 2020) - given that, would they realistically shell out four times that amount per week on their manager?

I don't believe so, they wouldn't make the same mistakes so soon surely.

2 minutes ago, James54De said:

Certainly would not happen. FFP will include regs to outlaw anything like that.

See if Dunder fancy adjusting their investment, Hughton can wear a Dunder shirt to every game and get paid the rest by them....

40 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He's travelled with their squad, there are photo's of him on their website confirming this so if he is the top target then nothing appears imminent.

Keeping under the radar.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Where are people getting this Gerrard salary figure from? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but Rangers pay their players an average of £12k a week (source: Global Sports Salaries Survey January 2020) - and the survey believes that Rangers average weekly pay figure has been artificially inflated by the likes of Jermain Defoe joining them - so lots of players aren’t earning anywhere near £12k a week at Ibrox.... and  it wasn’t so long ago that Rangers’ average pay for their players was £6k per week, and at that time Celtic’s average player wage was £16k per week. 

Given all that, would the Gers realistically shell out four times their average weekly players’ pay to their manager? I’ve seen figures of over £2m per year bandied about by the likes of The Daily Express newspaper - but has anyone got a more robust source than that?!

A report in the Scottish Sun, I’m not saying it is right, but that’s where it is.

Whatever people’s own views of The Sun they understand their readership so get a lot right in football terms.

It is still written for people with a reading age of about 6, though..

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, have I offended you in some way, it's more than just me who's "cast doubt" on your mate's story .

Oh I'm so sorry, would you like me to quote some of their replies too?

Open a window or something. Never know, Gerrard might stick his head in. 

Spanner

36 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Hughton the proven performer at this level and Gerrard the big name that has not managed in the Football league let alone the Championship and has therefore won nothing as a manager. SL for once make the right choice and pick Hughton 

I think most of us would have Hughton as our preferred appointment over Gerrard (in a two horse race), but what if the no1 choice falls at the last fence?

39 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Hughton the proven performer at this level and Gerrard the big name that has not managed in the Football league let alone the Championship and has therefore won nothing as a manager. SL for once make the right choice and pick Hughton 

Spot on. If SL wants Gerrard, FFS go for Hughton. 

Archived