IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

He's openly said he hated his time here. 

I cannot recall him saying the word hate. I am happy to be corrected. Regardless, having a difficult time at a club does not mean he would turn down the chance of managing. I, for one, would definitely not rule him out of managing just because he has been man enough to go public and say it was a 'difficult period of his career' which I think is closer to what he said. 

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I cannot recall him saying the word hate. I am happy to be corrected. Regardless, having a difficult time at a club does not mean he would turn down the chance of managing. I, for one, would definitely not rule him out of managing just because he has been man enough to go public and say it was a 'difficult period of his career' which I think is closer to what he said. 

Why on earth would an established Premier league manager look seriously at us? 

Seriously I think some of the names mentioned throughout this void are a tad delusional. 

Not having a pop btw just my view 

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

I don't think we will appoint anyone until the premier league season is over now, why else would we wait this long. Must be waiting to see who else becomes available.

FWIW I agree with you. I just got a bit of a hunch that we may go for a certain Mr Moyes if/when he leaves West Aaam. He has a good association with the club and i'm sure a very good relationship with our great benefactor. Just a feeling in me water mind! ?

1 minute ago, cityironman said:

FWIW I agree with you. I just got a bit of a hunch that we may go for a certain Mr Moyes if/when he leaves West Aaam. He has a good association with the club and i'm sure a very good relationship with our great benefactor. Just a feeling in me water mind! ?

Moyes under contract at WHAM for next season. Pretty safe now, can't see them getting rid.

Just now, P'head Red said:

Should have just kept LJ if that's the case

JT is far more experienced than LJ at club and Country level and has respect of others in the game it would massively raise the profile of the club.  JT could attract big names i think that half the problem with LJ was players just didn't have any respect for him as he has only ever played at a certain level. How can LJ boss/teach international players when he's never played  above Championship level himself.  JT would also have strong links with FL at Chelsea so would have 1st choice on quality loans  It would be a gamble yes but he has been taught by the best and with a couple of decent coaches brought in with him i could see it working

39 minutes ago, westonred said:

Surely JT would hold out for the Villa job, I can't see Dean Smith keeping his job after this season

What does he actually bring to the party? Villa fans certain wouldn’t accept him as the next manager 

Neither should we. If we appointed him as manager it would without doubt be the most ridiculous thing Lansdown has done since taking over 

8 hours ago, eric04 said:

Sunday Express says he’s turned us down and we now want John Terry. 

I think a lot of us would be annoyed by that but besides that I'm interested to know who Terry would bring with him as an assistant and coaching team.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

What does he actually bring to the party? Villa fans certain wouldn’t accept him as the next manager 

Neither should we. If we appointed him as manager it would without doubt be the most ridiculous thing Lansdown has done since taking over 

That was getting rid of our double winning manager

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If failing as an assistant manager is the criteria then just give it to Holden

How do you know he's failing it's mostly down to Dean Smith but as he's a Villa fan he is getting off lightly and JT is coping the flack from the fans

13 hours ago, cityironman said:

Absolutely no chance.

I like Moyes as a person but in every interview I have read of his he says he wants to manage in The Prem & has refused Championship jobs in the past.

I actually think that his record post Everton is so poor that he is lucky to even be getting offers at that level, but having kept them up, (which is what he was asked to do) & despite being really disliked by their supporters, he’ll remain at West Ham.

20 minutes ago, westonred said:

JT is far more experienced than LJ at club and Country level and has respect of others in the game it would massively raise the profile of the club.  JT could attract big names i think that half the problem with LJ was players just didn't have any respect for him as he has only ever played at a certain level. How can LJ boss/teach international players when he's never played  above Championship level himself.  JT would also have strong links with FL at Chelsea so would have 1st choice on quality loans  It would be a gamble yes but he has been taught by the best and with a couple of decent coaches brought in with him i could see it working

Yes, JT was a far more experienced player than LJ, you're not wrong there. Perhaps he would have an edge at attracting bigger players, but I didn't see that as one of LJs big problems. The squad we have isn't short of big names at thi level. Kalas, Dasilva, Bentley, Baker, Palmer, Afobe, Wells,  all estalished names at this level signed by LJ. His main problem was stagnation, he ran out of ideas tactically. I struggle to see how appointing someone with zero managerial experience will benefit our club regardless of status as a former player. 

Archived