IGNORED

Steven Gerrard

Rocky

8 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I wouldn't say it was bizarre, its more of statement of A) How far we have come as club. B) Nails on the superiority of the Championship over the SPL.   SG has demonstrated his loyalty throughout his career, I didn't think he would leave Rangers for us, he wants to see the job through.  Far enough.  I don't have a problem with the club trying to get the man that might be out of their reach, rather someone who would say yes straight away.

Well it's a statement of how far we HAVENT come because he is not interested!

8 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'm happy he wont be coming to BS3. I'd take Chris Hughton, Alex Neil or Big Mick over him

Paul cook still my number 1

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Well it's a statement of how far we HAVENT come because he is not interested!

Big difference between considering an offer and being not interested.

Obvious but needed pointing out.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Big difference between considering an offer and being not interested.

Obvious but needed pointing out.

Depends on to what extent were we considered.....based on reports he has not been interested at any point in this process.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well . SG must have shown some interest in the role so the question would be why we could but conclude it . His demands or our demands ? 

Why? 

Apart from press talk and twitter he's always stated he wasn't interested. 

Sadly with social media people believe too many things as being fact

3 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Never nice to be "turned down". However, in this instance I'm relieved. Not the right appointment for us. Good luck to Gerrard and we move on.

To the Premiership and beyond!

.... I think you’re fixated on Gerrard, he’s a manager in the Premiership already - our top tier ain’t called that 

44 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

though hearing publicly someone turned us down is poor from someone in that loop and would make it slightly uncomfortable if someone knows they are second or third choice . 

Think you can talk your way around this pretty easily.

If, and i've no idea if it's the case but let's say theoretically, terms had been agreed with Hughton, you simply say to him that he was one of the final few names in the frame, discussions with the others have concluded and he was the preferred candidate. Gerrard could have been the number one target but we could have failed, and it could have become public, to come to terms with Hughton. You're establishing if an agreement can be reached, not offering someone the job. That's the line, if needed, at least.. 

Can we reign in the SG circle jerk.

It will be an absolute miracle if SL can prise him away from the Rangers job. SG has literally got nothing to lose up there and far more at risk taking on an a bang average championship club. 

Gonna be embarrassing having a longer thread for the guy who didn’t even get the job.

Can see the parallels with the Rugby and admire it but who the Fudge let it be known publicly he’s our main target. 

19 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Can we reign in the SG circle jerk.

It will be an absolute miracle if SL can prise him away from the Rangers job. SG has literally got nothing to lose up there and far more at risk taking on an a bang average championship club. 

Gonna be embarrassing having a longer thread for the guy who didn’t even get the job.

Can see the parallels with the Rugby and admire it but who the Fudge let it be known publicly he’s our main target. 

I don’t think anyone did. It has all been paper talk and at no point has anyone from city commented on it.

dont get me wrong. It appears like he was our first choice but we never made it public.

34 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Would have been fun, but a massive risk, expensive wages. Also fear we would become the team to beat and "Steven Gerrard's Bristol city" ?

Absolutely!

Can't think off anything worse than all the vain bollocks putting a name before the team.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Why? 

Apart from press talk and twitter he's always stated he wasn't interested. 

Sadly with social media people believe too many things as being fact

Really? I haven't seen a single quote from him, his agent or anyone at Rangers?

• Admin
1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

We would not have been talking if no interest . These things are rapidly covered early doors with agents. That’s how it works  and has done for a long time . MA knows his agent well . 

what makes you think there were discussions? 

Because a tweet said so?

We'd have asked his availability, from the start he's always said not interested. 

Details of his supposed salary offer was a nonsense, details like that don't become public knowledge unless someone is spinning a story. 

Funny how the majority of stories originated from Bristol Live - and not Gregor

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Really? I haven't seen a single quote from him, his agent or anyone at Rangers?

Scottish press

Talksport interview 

Sky interview before travelling to Lyon

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Funny how the majority of stories originated from Bristol Live - and not Gregor

Scottish press

Talksport interview 

Sky interview before travelling to Lyon

Sorry to doubt you buddy, but I don't think any of those examples actually quoted Gerrard saying he wasn't interested in the role. Happy for you to evidence I'm wrong, but my impression was that Talksport was just hearsay, Scottish Press hearsay. Sky interview didn't mention City?

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

of course but sometimes there is also an element where someone wants to know you really want them . CH might be able to say stuff it in this case or he has already signed . No idea . I’m only surprised we could not conclude with SG to be honest . It would not have been wages . We would have known all that in a 2 min convo with his agent . Pat Lam was given free reign to bring in his team and create in his words a world class back room team . Others coming in will want certain levels of freedom if they are high level . One person is not going to turn us into promotion winners . 

Honestly no idea on the reality . But still find it strange SG was not concluded . 

let’s see who they announce . They are aiming high which should please is all .

You clearly know more than me on the subject, but you’d think if Hughton isn’t announced tomorrow or Friday then either we don’t want/can’t afford him or he’s stalling us.

Get what you’re saying about making him/anyone feel wanted but sure he’s been around long enough to know processes. What will be interesting, Hughton doesn’t feel like a natural progression for a club who’ve pursued Gerrard whilst looking for a ‘sort’, so him not being the man shouldn’t necessarily be interpreted as us failing in our pursuit of him.

As for Gerrard, interesting to see where his career goes from here. Can’t see someone (Premier League) taking a chance on him in January, so it’s a West Ham etc in the summer or a bigger Championship club than us.

Gerard not coming?

Good.

Not what was needed. Indeed, extremely worrying we were going after him. Unless, of course, he was just being used as a smokescreen to a current Championship manager we announce tomorrow.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry to doubt you buddy, but I don't think any of those examples actually quoted Gerrard saying he wasn't interested in the role. Happy for you to evidence I'm wrong, but my impression was that Talksport was just hearsay, Scottish Press hearsay. Sky interview didn't mention City?

I'll look tomorrow. 

Appreciate your sensible response unlike my stalker/ troll leaving me yet another aubergine ? whilst adding nothing to a thread again 

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'll look tomorrow. 

Appreciate your sensible response unlike my stalker/ troll leaving me yet another aubergine ? whilst adding nothing to a thread again 

What you display as facts in your previous post is not true. That enough?

2 minutes ago, James54De said:

You make it sound like you've had to really go out of your way to try and add something to the forum instead of leaving stupid emojis on their comments. If you don't agree, say, debate. Otherwise it becomes a very dull forum. 

Just now, Akira said:

You make it sound like you've had to really go out of your way to try and add something to the forum instead of leaving stupid emojis on their comments. If you don't agree, say, debate. Otherwise it becomes a very dull forum. 

Rarely is there any reason to engage with Phantom. 

4 minutes ago, James54De said:

Are you sure not a Liverpool fan really? Come you must be going round dishing out ? like you are. You have a prem team don’t you it’s the pool & it would literally be like all your Xmas’s came at once if SG was our manager.

Can’t you just accept the possibility SG is so unlikely to be tempted to come here?

4 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Are you sure not a Liverpool fan really? Come you must be going round dishing out ? like you are. You have a prem team don’t you it’s the pool & it would literally be like all your Xmas’s came at once if SG was our manager.

Can’t you just accept the possibility SG is so unlikely to be tempted to come here?

I don't want Gerrard nor do I think he would come here. ******* weird lad.

Archived