IGNORED

The Project

Hampshire reds

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Sorry if i have missed something but what does the Bristol city Project mean. i keep hearing the new manager has to buy into the project. if its to develop young players for the first team then thats great but not much sign of any accademy players in yesterday's team. 

There were very few academy players in Mr Johnson's teams. 

I have a family member playing at academy level so I get to visit the academy, watch academy teams play and talk to City's coaches (great people on the whole).

There was clearly beyond a notion at academy level that Bristol City were aspiring to be a club with developed local players in its XI. There was also clearly beyond a notion at academy level and above that Bristol City were going to creature a structure to ensure the academy and club developed players for the XI.

This structure would be backed by a philosophy and real practice.

This philosophy could be seen on the pitch at the academy and in hand outs given to players, parents and on the walls of the academies facilities. 

There is a meaning there.

Under Mr Johnson there was a notional project, this project became ever more opaque as Mr Johnson couldn't articulate clearly what his playing identity was, what his coaching philosophy was, what his big plan, what that project was .. Level two coaches with kids teams in the Avon Youth league are better communicators of their ideas and projects than Lee Johnson was. People could be forgiven for thinking Lee Johnson was making things up as he went along.

It would be more than interesting to hear from the Lansdown's or Mr Ashton if there is a project at all. Having a big plan, sharing the goal and its aims is highly beneficial.  

10 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

There were very few academy players in Mr Johnson's teams. 

I have a family member playing at academy level so I get to visit the academy, watch academy teams play and talk to City's coaches (great people on the whole).

There was clearly beyond a notion at academy level that Bristol City were aspiring to be a club with developed local players in its XI. There was also clearly beyond a notion at academy level and above that Bristol City were going to creature a structure to ensure the academy and club players developed for the XI.

This structure would be backed by a philosophy and real practice.

This philosophy could be seen on the pitch at the academy and in hand outs given to players, parents and on the walls of the academies facilities. 

There is a meaning there.

Under Mr Johnson there was a notional project, this project became ever more opaque as Mr Johnson couldn't articulate clearly what his playing identity was, what his coaching philosophy was, what his big plan, what that project was .. Level two coaches with kids teams in the Avon Youth league are better communicators of their ideas and projects than Lee Johnson was. People could be forgiven for thinking Lee Johnson was making things up as he went along.

It would be more than interesting to hear from the Lansdown's or Mr Ashton if there is a project at all. Having a big plan, sharing the goal and its aims is highly beneficial.  

Post of the week for me. Very well said and a great insight to the back ground on things you would not normally be aware of 

28 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Sorry if i have missed something but what does the Bristol city Project mean?? 

Same as all the other projects :

Develop youth and flog them for massive profit

Grab as much cash as possible from the punters

Get in the PL and get even more cash

Think of other ways of making money I.e drive in cinemas / face masks / basketball 

In summary : Make tons of money

Archived