IGNORED

Great PR

Tomo

I must say that Mark Ashton and the club are doing a great PR job in relation to the vacant managerial position. 

For newspapers to cover the Steve Gerrard story, whether true or false,  raises the club's profile. 

Hughton... Gerrard... Mccarthy

These are well established names in the world of football...and we are being associated with them. 

Well done to the club.

Now, please don't let us down.... 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I must say that Mark Ashton and the club are doing a great PR job in relation to the vacant managerial position. 

For newspapers to cover the Steve Gerrard story, whether true or false,  raises the club's profile. 

These are well established names in the world of football...and we are being associated with them. 

Well done to the club.

And............ its Lowe. 

?

Why do people care about the profile?  It's the sort of thing bluffers and media types think is important when it simply isn't.  Do you think Sheffield United cared about their media profile when quietly recruiting WIlder?  

I take it as a bad thing.  Much rather we quietly went about our business and got the correct person rather than use this as an opportunity to get the words "Mark Ashton, CEO of Bristol City" on as many webpages and print pages as possible...

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well done to the club.

True and let’s be honest, we couldn’t go for someone like Lowe or Flynn after the world knows we’ve had these 3 in the frame ...... could we? ?

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

True and let’s be honest, we couldn’t go for someone like Lowe or Flynn after the world knows we’ve had these 3 in the frame ...... could we? ?

YES.

Uncle Steve is fwightened by managers who are qualified and stick up for themselves

Really hope I am wrong. SL is running out of chances to do what I hope we all want before I die...................................

4 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

YES.

Uncle Steve is fwightened by managers who are qualified and stick up for themselves

Really hope I am wrong. SL is running out of chances to do what I hope we all want before I die...................................

SL will definitely have a very tough job justifying another uninspiring appointment this time.  

Resident spinmeister Mark Ashton would have to right at the very top of his game and I still can’t see him avoiding a complte metdown on here.  

Archived