IGNORED

Season tickets

Cov 77

Here’s hoping that the new manager is someone that excites the fans and gives everyone a massive boost . 

As a season ticket holder of 20 years plus I did not renew like several thousand others , sounds like about 12000 out of 15000 did so quite a few of us held back , to be honest two reasons , definitely LJ and the terrible football , mainly that as they were pushing us to renew or lose the seat Covid emerged and in my case and many others the uncertainty meant could not commit at that time .

Seems like that is not the case now and would now renew in the very near future, my one hope not because it would hit my pocket but because it would be a massive PR own goal that they then  increase prices just when hopefully a feel good feeling is at last there, the marketing geniuses that make up our PR dept make one of their usual stupid decisions to cash in

Maybe two weeks where prices remain would be fair , I am sure many would snap tickets up , not sure if powers that be read this but if so do the clever and do the fan friendly thing this once , we will see 

14 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Here’s hoping that the new manager is someone that excites the fans and gives everyone a massive boost . 

As a season ticket holder of 20 years plus I did not renew like several thousand others , sounds like about 12000 out of 15000 did so quite a few of us held back , to be honest two reasons , definitely LJ and the terrible football , mainly that as they were pushing us to renew or lose the seat Covid emerged and in my case and many others the uncertainty meant could not commit at that time .

Seems like that is not the case now and would now renew in the very near future, my one hope not because it would hit my pocket but because it would be a massive PR own goal that they then  increase prices just when hopefully a feel good feeling is at last there, the marketing geniuses that make up our PR dept make one of their usual stupid decisions to cash in

Maybe two weeks where prices remain would be fair , I am sure many would snap tickets up , not sure if powers that be read this but if so do the clever and do the fan friendly thing this once , we will see 

Problem with buying a season ticket in the current climate is what are you actually paying for? Eg when will fans be allowed in again?

I think 20-21 season will be with no fans due to the threat of COVID-19.

26 minutes ago, boatman said:

Problem with buying a season ticket in the current climate is what are you actually paying for? Eg when will fans be allowed in again?

...the question I ask myself - having bought 2 and paid the club around £1000 - is what exactly have I purchased? Unless I've missed something (which is perfectly possible) the silence on that is pretty deafening. 

32 minutes ago, boatman said:

Fair point , thinking a bit further ahead but agree not sure where we are in the short/ medium term 

They're talking about having a reduced crowd in France for their cup final and I wonder if half full grounds might be a thing next season.

If so, the 12000 figure they have now might be about the right amount of fans that would be allowed. 

I must admit when I renewed I was thinking my loyalty might be rewarded with a seat at a reduced capacity match. Though I'd certainly feel for those who have been loyal for a long time but couldn't commit in the circumstances 

Whatever happens, we have to support our club. Just think of the buzz walking to the ground, the expectation of seeing a fast and exciting win. A couple of drinks before the game and a  hot pasty or pie (dont worry about the sh-ts later)? and then that walk to your seat, the noise the hilarious comments you hear along the way and then your inside and there they are, our team. F--k another crappy game. But wait Stevie Gerrard is there having brought that **** with him who gets sent off but scores loads but takes a dislike to Walsh for some reason. Will he strip off and show Smithy how its done. Can't wait.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

The season tickets are down for one reason, Covid. Your other point about LJ is just a facile dig.

It then gets even better by having a dig about PR and the powers that be.

Is your post about season tickets or not? Or it is just about you not buying a ST and you're looking for some favours?

1 hour ago, boatman said:

This is the post that makes the best point about the ST situation.

STs prices vary considerably and if all we are going to get is a RobinsTV pass, what is the justification for keeping differences in the cost of various ST types, families who have paid for multiple STs etc. This will be a major headache for the club because they have to come up with some answers that can be understood by ST holders, they will have to balance this with the financial well being of the club and loads of other business complications I really am glad I don't have to deal with.

They need to start sharing their thoughts on this because fans, and it makes no difference how loyal they are, aren't going to be happy losing hundreds of pounds (to use business parlance) on a 'product' they don't have. Come on BCFC, start talking about it and engaging fans because just saying what the solution is won't do you any favours.

I have renewed our two season tickets using my credit card, because the transaction is more than £100 I'm rather hoping I have the safety net of the insurance cover that goes with credit card transactions.

Anyway I will wait and see how things pan out, it may well be limited crowds with season ticket holders only in the ground.

I chose not to renew partly becuase of LJ and the style of football we played which was awful to watch but mainly due to the current impacts of COVID and not knowing if we'll be able to get in to the ground to watch games.

Once more is known I'll likely renew and given now Lee has moved on, fingers crossed the football will improve under a new manager.

17 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I have renewed our two season tickets using my credit card, because the transaction is more than £100 I'm rather hoping I have the safety net of the insurance cover that goes with credit card transactions.

Anyway I will wait and see how things pan out, it may well be limited crowds with season ticket holders only in the ground.

The insurance you are talking about is to do with fraudulent and disputed transactions. I do believe your transaction with City will be regarded as neither by your Credit Card supplier, and that City will make adequate alternative offers available to those, like me and you, who have bought our season tickets with any card - credit or debit.

As per this season, should it be necessary, I am sure you would be offered a refund (probably minus an admin fee!).

I think the thing to do now is sit tight and wait and see what transpires. ?

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

They're talking about having a reduced crowd in France for their cup final and I wonder if half full grounds might be a thing next season.

If so, the 12000 figure they have now might be about the right amount of fans that would be allowed. 

I must admit when I renewed I was thinking my loyalty might be rewarded with a seat at a reduced capacity match. Though I'd certainly feel for those who have been loyal for a long time but couldn't commit in the circumstances 

I read an article on Bristol Bears and they said that they could have 10000 fans inside Ashton Gate and stick to social distancing rules.

5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I read an article on Bristol Bears and they said that they could have 10000 fans inside Ashton Gate and stick to social distancing rules.

That's interesting, I hadn't seen that. 

In that case we're already into a lottery situation with the fans that have  renewed 

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

The season tickets are down for one reason, Covid. Your other point about LJ is just a facile dig.

It then gets even better by having a dig about PR and the powers that be.

Is your post about season tickets or not? Or it is just about you not buying a ST and you're looking for some favours?

This is the post that makes the best point about the ST situation.

STs prices vary considerably and if all we are going to get is a RobinsTV pass, what is the justification for keeping differences in the cost of various ST types, families who have paid for multiple STs etc. This will be a major headache for the club because they have to come up with some answers that can be understood by ST holders, they will have to balance this with the financial well being of the club and loads of other business complications I really am glad I don't have to deal with.

They need to start sharing their thoughts on this because fans, and it makes no difference how loyal they are, aren't going to be happy losing hundreds of pounds (to use business parlance) on a 'product' they don't have. Come on BCFC, start talking about it and engaging fans because just saying what the solution is won't do you any favours.

Your opinion, point about LJ is not a facile dig the football was crap , especially at home anyone who says otherwise is dreaming , as for our PR / marketing genius dept they have constantly scored own goals , they don’t seem to have any idea how to deal with the fans , recent refund on tickets classic example . 

As for remark about favours , what are you on about ?

57 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

The insurance you are talking about is to do with fraudulent and disputed transactions. I do believe your transaction with City will be regarded as neither by your Credit Card supplier, and that City will make adequate alternative offers available to those, like me and you, who have bought our season tickets with any card - credit or debit.

As per this season, should it be necessary, I am sure you would be offered a refund (probably minus an admin fee!).

I think the thing to do now is sit tight and wait and see what transpires. ?

As far as I'm aware, the insurance is not limited to fraud and disputed transactions (disputed transactions are covered on debit cards). A credit card is covered by the credit consumer act and anything written on this thread just wouldn't cover it. However, I suspect that the following applies in the case of STs:

If you have a claim for breach of contract or misrepresentation against the supplier of the goods or services, Section 75 gives you the same claim against the creditor. 

But then again, I'm no lawyer so we'll see how things go.

I suspect that it does mean that should you be asked to sign something new (by the club), you should be careful to make sure the you don't sign away your rights.

22 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

As far as I'm aware, the insurance is not limited to fraud and disputed transactions (disputed transactions are covered on debit cards). A credit card is covered by the credit consumer act and anything written on this thread just wouldn't cover it. However, I suspect that the following applies in the case of STs:

If you have a claim for breach of contract or misrepresentation against the supplier of the goods or services, Section 75 gives you the same claim against the creditor. 

But then again, I'm no lawyer so we'll see how things go.

I suspect that it does mean that should you be asked to sign something new (by the club), you should be careful to make sure the you don't sign away your rights.

I believe we are talking about the same thing - Section 75 covers the purchaser if something has “gone wrong” with your purchase between £100 and £3000.

My point is that - BCFC as the ‘retailer’ will make a succession of offers to any season ticket holder - which is likely to include a full refund - hence if you approached the Credit Card company for a refund they will only refer you back to BCFC as they have provided you with suitable options.

Having dealt with many customers who have attempted to claim under Section 75 - the practical solution is always one of preference and fully investigated before a refund is made.

As I tried to imply before - if supporters like you and I who have already purchased next seasons season tickets - ultimately wish to have a refund - then I am sure we will receive one.

Hope that helps clarify things.

13 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Your opinion, point about LJ is not a facile dig the football was crap , especially at home anyone who says otherwise is dreaming , as for our PR / marketing genius dept they have constantly scored own goals , they don’t seem to have any idea how to deal with the fans , recent refund on tickets classic example . 

As for remark about favours , what are you on about ?

"Maybe two weeks where prices remain would be fair , I am sure many would snap tickets up , not sure if powers that be read this but if so do the clever and do the fan friendly thing this once , we will see "

You'll have to tell me what this is about, because after your dig at the club, this strangely looks to be asking for a favour.

Every year, someone writes a post about how they aren't going to renew their ST because the football is shit, the manager is shit, etc. They make predictions that they personally expect a major drop in ST sales etc. And every time, all the predictions don't happen.

Your post is written in the same way but is quite dishonest because the emphasis starts with the LJ and the crap football with a muddled mention of covid. Your post is facile and limited. Season Ticket holders (and by your own admission, you aren't one) really do have more important things to do than accept your 20 20 blind vision view of the world.

As to LJ part of your post:
Do you have anything new, or original, that hasn't been said before?
Or do you want to dig up the dead horse again and give it a bit more of a flogging?

2 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

I believe we are talking about the same thing - Section 75 covers the purchaser if something has “gone wrong” with your purchase between £100 and £3000.

My point is that - BCFC as the ‘retailer’ will make a succession of offers to any season ticket holder - which is likely to include a full refund - hence if you approached the Credit Card company for a refund they will only refer you back to BCFC as they have provided you with suitable options.

Having dealt with many customers who have attempted to claim under Section 75 - the practical solution is always one of preference and fully investigated before a refund is made.

As I tried to imply before - if supporters like you and I who have already purchased next seasons season tickets - ultimately wish to have a refund - then I am sure we will receive one.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Thanks for the insight.

3 hours ago, boatman said:

No chance. Fans will be back in stadiums in some capacity by mid-September I reckon 

Football will not survive a year with no fans. Clubs lower down the chain will be gone by October 

unless there is some big second spike, things will have to get back to normal pretty soon. And that’s just not in football 

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No chance. Fans will be back in stadiums in some capacity by mid-September I reckon 

Football will not survive a year with no fans. Clubs lower down the chain will be gone by October 

unless there is some big second spike, things will have to get back to normal pretty soon. And that’s just not in football 

Current social distancing would allow for 5k inside AG. Ballot for seats?

24 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

There’s a story in the Sunday Mirror today saying that the Premier League are planning for 30% capacity in September.

If you work on us having 12,000 season ticket holders and a 27,000 capacity stadium, that leaves 3000 missing out each week.

If this comes about, the club should in the first part give the option of a refund as there will be people genuinely uncomfortable at going, and even if they do go, they won’t be in necessarily the place where they’ve bought a ticket for (ie if we assume 9000 people some of those will be in the Atyeo). If after that you still have more STH than capacity, it’s looking at things like ballots, priority to families (don’t need to social distance hence you get more in).

But until the guidance is clear, I don’t see the club should make a statement

18 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

But it's not just about getting a seat. It's the match build up and atmosphere,  the drink and banter with your mates. The after game discussions and disputes. I dont want to go on my own. The only advantage would be no queue for the toilets

25 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

I’ll do home games, you do away games ?

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s a story in the Sunday Mirror today saying that the Premier League are planning for 30% capacity in September.

If you work on us having 12,000 season ticket holders and a 27,000 capacity stadium, that leaves 3000 missing out each week.

If this comes about, the club should in the first part give the option of a refund as there will be people genuinely uncomfortable at going, and even if they do go, they won’t be in necessarily the place where they’ve bought a ticket for (ie if we assume 9000 people some of those will be in the Atyeo). If after that you still have more STH than capacity, it’s looking at things like ballots, priority to families (don’t need to social distance hence you get more in).

But until the guidance is clear, I don’t see the club should make a statement

If you use a general principle that there has to be one seat spare to your left, your right, in front and behind, you could make an argument that 50% could be achieved. Basically you sit in staggered rows.

If that is extended / restricted to a one seat gap all around that it changes again.

image.thumb.png.cc2a768629f4f8328e169e1fa8d03e08.png

Personally, assuming covid is still around, I will hope there is a reduced season card to watch on Robinstv.  Need to minimise risk for Joe.

38 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

I think it'll be every other seat and opposite for rows in front and behind, with everyone wearing a mask. You could conceivably get 13.5k in the ground.

We'll also have the people from same households, or bubble groups that can sit together. That's if as expected, there's a further relaxation of the distancing guidance. Or, we could pretend it's a BLM protest or rave, then we can go in as normal and throw bottles just like we did in the 70's. ??⚽???:chant6ez::me?:

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think it'll be every other seat and opposite for rows in front and behind, with everyone wearing a mask. You could conceivably get 13.5k in the ground.

We'll also have the people from same households, or bubble groups that can sit together. That's if as expected, there's a further relaxation of the distancing guidance. Or, we could pretend it's a BLM protest or rave, then we can go in as normal and throw bottles just like we did in the 70's. ??⚽???:chant6ez::me?:

That’s what I was thinking as well. Families will all be able to sit together. However unless they separate rows that would mean more empty seats behind and in front. 
On another point how will they go about getting people into the ground? Also you have people going past others to get to seats and people like me with dodgy bladder going to the toilet each half as well. 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Does anyone know when the season will be starting? September or October?

Football will survive, but you've hit the nail on the head that some clubs will not. This is why the TV people and the Premiership need to be helping out more than they are. Someone on another thread said, words to the affect, 'fat chance of that happening'. My view, this can happen if a divorce is threatened between Premiership and the remaining leagues, namely TV rights are given back to terrestrial TV/free TV for lower divisions, the Premiership is kicked out of FA cup etc. They can play their own games in their own bubble and the remainder will do the same. It's a pipe dream but unless someone starts to look at the inequality of football at the moment, shit will continue to happen. BTW, I'm no left wing, power to the people type of person, I just recognise there is an issue and if it's not sorted, people will have less choice when it comes to watching football.

Archived