IGNORED

22A

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I love how they use to emphasise a hammering... Blackpool 6 (SIX) Bristol Rovers 1! 

They wanted to emphasise it was a surprising score - surprising Blackpool hadn't scored more, that is!

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Remember that game, didn't Steve Galliers make his debut ?

Blimey - if that is true you remember this game far better than me ?

39 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The best bit is that Des Lynam genuinely didn't know the scores as they were coming through. Bit different to Jeff Stelling.........

Brilliant, isn't it? That suspense waiting for the inevitable disappointment 

13 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Remember that game, didn't Steve Galliers make his debut ?

I just tried to look up the details of that game to confirm it’s the same one I’m thinking of. I was specifically looking for goalscorers as I’m pretty sure one goal was either a pretty decent own goal or a great lob from one of ours and the other goal was a header from Joe Jordan? 

Couldn’t find the goal scorers but the attendance is listed as over 14,000....that can’t be right for 1987 surely? 

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I just tried to look up the details of that game to confirm it’s the same one I’m thinking of. I was specifically looking for goalscorers as I’m pretty sure one goal was either a pretty decent own goal or a great lob from one of ours and the other goal was a header from Joe Jordan? 

Couldn’t find the goal scorers but the attendance is listed as over 14,000....that can’t be right for 1987 surely? 

Yes, AFCB were flying high and we were

n't far behind

43 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

E645221B-3837-4533-B7E5-17CF0A4B6F85.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Thats brilliant support for the third division in the 1980s.

Not that I’m particularly surprised I suppose, we’ve always had good support even if we don’t go around boasting about it.

Horfield Roverzzzz would have pissed all over that attendance if they were in our position. I know coz they've said this 20 billion times.

Archived