IGNORED

Will fans be allowed in next season?

reddogkev

What's the latest on this? Haven't heard anything for a while, but I feel a percentage of home fans should be allowed to attend matches, say at least 40% of stadium capacity.  There must be a safe way to do this.  Has anyone announced whether something like this is happening?

I guess those tickets would have to be for season ticket holders who agree to follow any new rules and regulations, although deciding which season ticket holders attend the matches will be difficult, but there should be a fair way to solve that problem.

Here's hoping that supporters are back next season.

Attending games next season will be a nightmare if it happens at all:

Club will have to decide which matches season ticket holders can attend and give refunds to the others

Buses running at less than half capacity and people advised not to use them anyway, the only option would be to drive

Where to have a pre-match pint with social distancing?

Many older fans won't want to risk it I imagine (I include myself), the whole exercise would be a minefield

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What's the latest on this? Haven't heard anything for a while, but I feel a percentage of home fans should be allowed to attend matches, say at least 40% of stadium capacity.  There must be a safe way to do this.  Has anyone announced whether something like this is happening?

I guess those tickets would have to be for season ticket holders who agree to follow any new rules and regulations, although deciding which season ticket holders attend the matches will be difficult, but there should be a fair way to solve that problem.

How the hell could the club allow 40% of fans in, how would they choose who to allow, what if you had bought a season ticket with your friend and he was allowed in but not you, can you imagine the uproar, I can't see fans being allowed until it's one in all-in.

How many ST's have we sold for next season? If they were to say no away fans allowed and the number of ST holders were spaced out across all four stands then social distancing would be fairly easily achieved I imagine? You would need to get to the ground early to que up outside your allocated stand for temperature checks etcs and it would feel nothing like a traditional day out at football but I am resonably confident there will be fans in the ground for the start of next season.

I heard Bristol Bears are looking to try and get all their season ticket holders attending games from next month, I believe about 8/9k fans. 

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

How the hell could the club allow 40% of fans, in how would they choose who to allow, what if you had bought a season ticket with your friend and he was allowed in but not you can you imagine the uproar, I can't see fans being allowed until it's one in all-in.

A ballot? Having 10k fans in attendance is better than none at all. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I heard Bristol Bears are looking to try and get all their season ticket holders attending games from next month, I believe about 8/9k fans. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

It's one way but what if you had paid for a season card and 3 ballots in a row you missed out? it's a logistical nightmare and I wouldn't like to be the person to have to come up with a fair and practical way of pleasing everybody, would love it if fans could attend but at the moment until the all clear for everyone is given I just can't see it happening unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

How the hell could the club allow 40% of fans, in how would they choose who to allow, what if you had bought a season ticket with your friend and he was allowed in but not you can you imagine the uproar, I can't see fans being allowed until it's one in all-in.

Completely agree. Also how would the club put processes in place to deal with social distancing under the stands and outside of the ground before and after the game and think about how much longer it would take for people to get in and out of the game. 

Also if someone who attended confirmed they had it how the heck would the club contact everyone that attended and how would they know who was near who. Think about the logistics of policing it all.  Plus with everyone wearing face masks (assuming 100% will and no one forgets it when they get to the game) can you imagine police being happy with that from a safety/security point of view.

Crazy suggestion to let x number of dans in to attend. Definitely shouldn't happen.

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

Completely agree. Also how would the club put processes in place to deal with social distancing under the stands and outside of the ground before and after the game and think about how much longer it would take for people to get in and out of the game. 

Also if someone who attended confirmed they had it how the heck would the club contact everyone that attended and how would they know who was near who. Think about the logistics of policing it all.  Plus with everyone wearing face masks (assuming 100% will and no one forgets it when they get to the game) can you imagine police being happy with that from a safety/security point of view.

Crazy suggestion to let x number of dans in to attend. Definitely shouldn't happen.

Given the speed with which things are changing, I suspect social distancing will be practically gone by October. I’m 64 and I’d happily return to a stadium or theatre right now.

It’s a shame really.

I don’t think my family and I will attend this calendar year fir a number of reasons.

I would cancel season tickets, but i don’t like the thought of retaining seats if we ever get promoted.

23 minutes ago, pillred said:

How the hell could the club allow 40% of fans in, how would they choose who to allow, what if you had bought a season ticket with your friend and he was allowed in but not you, can you imagine the uproar, I can't see fans being allowed until it's one in all-in.

Might work out that our capacity matches with season tickets sold. Problem solved, bearing in mind a solution to suit all will not be found 

11 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

We're talking about October. Still 3 months away. The Jenner Institute in Oxford are anticipating they'll have a vaccine ready to roll out by then.

It should be only season ticket holders allowed in initially. Would actually be a good for business as there would be a greater uptake in season tickets to get in. Reckon you could fit 14k people in the stands with an unused seat between each person?

42 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I can’t see it to start with to be honest, even half capacity is 13k people in one place,  let alone all the logistics they will have to bring in before you get in such as temp checks, masks etc, can’t see it happening at all

34 minutes ago, pillred said:

Johnson to be retained to host a fan attendance tombola each week. It's all starting to make sense now!

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're talking about October. Still 3 months away. The Jenner Institute in Oxford are anticipating they'll have a vaccine ready to roll out by then.

I don't think it is October. 

Pretty sure the EFL voted on two dates last week, one was 29th Aug, & the other was Sep 12th 

10 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

It should be only season ticket holders allowed in initially. Would actually be a good for business as there would be a greater uptake in season tickets to get in. Reckon you could fit 14k people in the stands with an unused seat between each person?

To maintain social distancing would you not have to leave every 2nd row empty as well ?

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Who knows with a vaccine, imperial college are staying first half 2021 is more likely 

29 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Given the speed with which things are changing, I suspect social distancing will be practically gone by October. I’m 64 and I’d happily return to a stadium or theatre right now.

Social distancing will go not because it's no longer needed but becuase some people have become too complacent recently. Time will tell if this causes an upturn. The virus hasn't gone.

We'll see fans in some capacity at Ashton Gate next season, that's for sure. Rightly or wrongly, the machine of consumerism has started up again, and pretty much every indication from government is it those wheels can't stop again.

I presume they will start with reduced capacity this autumn, but I wouldn't be suprised if the EFL and Premier League are aiming for 100% capacity by January 2021

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Assuming everyone gets the vaccine by the start of the season. 

Everyone doesn't need it to be honest. In fact, in order to build up immunity it's pretty important children, for example, catch it. It's another strain of the common cold. 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Who knows with a vaccine, imperial college are staying first half 2021 is more likely 

For mass roll out, yes. But by October the government will likely give consent for the vaccine to be used on the most vulnerable. Assuming successful this will reduce serious cases of the illness dramatically - and it already has reduced dramatically, not only because of social distancing but because hospitals have learnt how to deal with the virus much better i.e. use of dexamethasone etc

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Everyone doesn't need it to be honest. In fact, in order to build up immunity it's pretty important children, for example, catch it. It's another strain of the common cold. 

For mass roll out, yes. But by October the government will likely give consent for the vaccine to be used on the most vulnerable. Assuming successful this will reduce serious cases of the illness dramatically - and it already has reduced dramatically, not only because of social distancing but because hospitals have learnt how to deal with the virus much better i.e. use of dexamethasone etc

As someone in the sheilding group I can tell you the feelers have already been sent out to me about going on a vaccine trial later in the summer so shall be interesting few months ahead. 

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Surely it would need to be totally gone for it to be relevant? Practically gone would mean social distancing of what? 50cm? in which case, that isn't viable in a full football stadium (or theatre).

Archived