IGNORED

Will fans be allowed in next season?

reddogkev

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

All of the potential solutions, none of which are suitable to my way ofvthinking, are centred around ST holders which are relevant to home games only. What about away matches, or are we applying a blanket ban to away support? Perhaps not with City but some clubs have very different support between home and away followings. Somehow there is going to have to be a way to get supporters back in grounds, or 75% of the EFL may as well go semi pro now. 

I’d forget about away support for the first few months of the season, we shouldn’t be encouraging travel, especially using public transport. Getting on a train or CATS coach is an unnecessary risk as is travelling the length or breadth of the country.

2 minutes ago, zombie said:

I’d forget about away support for the first few months of the season, we shouldn’t be encouraging travel, especially using public transport. Getting on a train or CATS coach is an unnecessary risk as is travelling the length or breadth of the country.

I don't totally disagree but what about those City supporters that live in other parts of the country. If they live in Derby say but are still a ST holder travel to Bristol is as dangerous as someone from Bristol travelling to Derby. While I accept there is a difference in numbers it might only need one to infect dothers. Like airports perhaps people should have their temperature checked before entering the stadium. Of course the City supporter who lives in Derby may not be a ST holder but watches City when they're in the Midlands or South Yorkshire. 

16 minutes ago, zombie said:

An OAP is 65 in the eyes of the club, you’re not far away from receiving a discount on your card. This thread was about attending the Gate, a suggestion was to try to reduce our 12k season card holders to whatever the permitted number may be, some said a ballot, some have said rota, I suggested removing groups defined by the club as then they have control.

Removing all U19s and 65+ should leave us with a number closer to the first phase of permitted attendees, it also means our more at risk fans aren’t there, nor are our more exposed and likely to spread the virus fans (assuming schools reopens in September), not ideal and bound to upset some, but a potential solution.

I would rather the club told my old man he couldn’t go than make leave it to him make a decision about whether to go there, I worry about our older fans in particular, if I’m phasing the fans in then I’d start with the 20-64 and the oldest would be the very last to be welcomed back because we know they have the weakest immune systems and the virus is more likely to be fatal for them than someone in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s etc...

I understand your points and appreciate the logic but why shouldn't the individual be free to make their own decision to attend, taking measures felt necessary to keep themselves safe. If I'd been watching City for over 50 years I wouldn't take kindly to being excluded from the ground because some spotty 20 year old who can't hold his Fosters and refuses to socially distance might ut me at risk. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't totally disagree but what about those City supporters that live in other parts of the country. If they live in Derby say but are still a ST holder travel to Bristol is as dangerous as someone from Bristol travelling to Derby. While I accept there is a difference in numbers it might only need one to infect dothers. Like airports perhaps people should have their temperature checked before entering the stadium. Of course the City supporter who lives in Derby may not be a ST holder but watches City when they're in the Midlands or South Yorkshire. 

Need to forget about away football for now, just not sensible to travel, also the police won’t be required if it’s just home fans.

It is a tough one, I think they will need to offer supporters an opportunity of a refund per game pro rata or Robins Tv or something in between, Robins TV and partial refund if requested. Personally I don’t think anyone should be travelling more than 100 miles for any football or other entertainment at present, especially if they have to use public transport. No away fans, no long commuters, hopefully the locals can avoid public transport, high risk vulnerable and our older fans should be told to stay away.

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I understand your points and appreciate the logic but why shouldn't the individual be free to make their own decision to attend, taking measures felt necessary to keep themselves safe. If I'd been watching City for over 50 years I wouldn't take kindly to being excluded from the ground because some spotty 20 year old who can't hold his Fosters and refuses to socially distance might ut me at risk. 

Totally understand and imagine my old man would say exactly the same thing, however if you’re 70+ the fact are that if you were to contract the virus you’re chances of survival are a lot less than the spotty 20 year old.

All for freedom of choice, but sometimes some individuals or groups don’t know what is best for them. I watch the protesters in the US and think some of them need locking up for their own good!

Spotty 20 year olds have spotty 20 year old immune systems.

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Refund all season tickets and have a 10k crowd limit on a first come first serve basis on match day tickets

That would encourage the absolute wrong behaviour, first come first serve and distancing is out the window. Need to reduce our 12k season ticket holders to whatever the permitted number of attendees is I reckon.

Ballot, rota or exclusion based on age or geography perhaps.

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Refund all season tickets and have a 10k crowd limit on a first come first serve basis on match day tickets

Makes perfect sense, P off your regular supporters, and create chaos with ticketing. At a guess, you’re not a ST holder Clutching at straws trying to find a way to watch games?

31 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You know that for certain do you professor ? 

It might be what they are aiming for, but in fairness they’ve been trying to cure HIV now for over 40 years and they’ve only got remedies. Crap comparison but they are both viruses. 

Hopefully they succeed but I would be surprised if they do get one in three months time.

Just now, Chappers said:

Makes perfect sense, P off your regular supporters, and create chaos with ticketing. At a guess, you’re not a ST holder Clutching at straws trying to find a way to watch games?

Agreed. As soon as a season ticket holder is unable to get a ticket for a few matches they would probably stop bothering to try and it doesn't take too long without going before they perhaps come to the conclusion that they don't actually miss it as much as they thought they would.

Not a great business plan.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much (or little) interest there would be in this thread if we hadn't won our last 2 games.

I half expected this thread to get about four or five responses at best - I'm pretty impressed with the level of replies and interest, altough still none the wiser though about what the heck is happening next season.  

The funny thing is, I don't know why I'm bothered because I never get a season ticket anyway, only ever the City membership, so I doubt I'll be able to see a game next season - although I hope there's some way I can sneak or blag myself into the ground.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Reading the last page does make me wonder if potential risk groups should be added to the equation?

Whatever is done, some people are going to be left out I would imagine and are going to be unhappy.

I'm glad I don't have to organise this.

Whatever scheme they come up with, I have pretty much decided I am going to moan, just for shits and giggles.

I would like to think that regardless of who gets in, who doesn't and where everyone sits, 'player logistics' are taken in to account and all kick off times are changed to coincidence with the equinox.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much (or little) interest there would be in this thread if we hadn't won our last 2 games.

Think they’d be a similar interest. 2 games ago I was resigned to being the Championship with a new manager and hoping to watch a playoff or promotion push next season. Preferably in person in my seat.

33 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Wasn’t entirely clear on that...

First come first serve for those who had purchased a season ticket. Any not sold by a cut off date then go on general sale for a couple of days.

That way a majority of season ticket holders will be happy each game, some will miss out occasionally.

Not sure how else it could be done.

If we've sold 12k STH's for next season I doubt there will be a problem fitting in all those who actually want to go.

I imagine there are thousands who will feel unsafe and therefore have already decided not to go until things markedly improve; then we have all the cheap Junior tickets which are only used a few times a season anyway.

Even if the safety limit is as low as 5-6k that would probably meet demand as things stand imo.

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If we've sold 12k STH's for next season I doubt there will be a problem fitting in all those who actually want to go.

I imagine there are thousands who will feel unsafe and therefore have already decided not to go until things markedly improve; then we have all the cheap Junior tickets which are only used a few times a season anyway.

Even if the safety limit is as low as 5-6k that would probably meet demand as things stand imo.

I would imagine this is pretty much spot on..............

Archived