IGNORED

Will fans be allowed in next season?

reddogkev

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

35 years and counting but these are exceptional times so maybe!

@JulieH ?

Would food and drink outlets be open in any case. The poster higher up the thread who suggested turn up, be checked, go to seat, go home- was something like that- sounds quite realistic.

Limited information available as to how many or when fans will be given the ok to be back . 

I would imagine that football clubs at all levels particularly league 1 and 2 will be keen for concessions to be open, again it will be down to the club and relevant authorities to ensure it is safe to do so and compliant with whatever covid legislation will be in place at that time.

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Limited information available as to how many or when fans will be given the ok to be back . 

I would imagine that football clubs at all levels particularly league 1 and 2 will be keen for concessions to be open, again it will be down to the club and relevant authorities to ensure it is safe to do so and compliant with whatever covid legislation will be in place at that time.

Thanks- yeah makes sense.

Clubs at all levels would certainly be keen on this to be the case- especially as you say Leagues 1 and 2 (I'd also add Championship quite possibly due to the great operating losses clubs make but anyway)...all would be keen.

The specific point was, any thinking or moves/noises about the suggestion to let fans in these exceptional times drink in view of pitch in a socially distanced ground? I'm assuming not...

1 hour ago, James54De said:

And what experience/qualifications do you have to say that about such a complex field such as immunology or vaccinology. Like most of us, I'm sure you hadn't a clue as to how vaccines are developed before this came about. With the greatest of respect I'd trust a hugely qualified research scientist, who has spent years of their life dedicated to such a niche, over you. Actually, that respect is probably not required. 

I would not be so sure. The FA and other sporting bodies are drawing up plans now. The government want to run trial events by the end of this month.

PHD in microbiology and virology.

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're talking about October. Still 3 months away. The Jenner Institute in Oxford are anticipating they'll have a vaccine ready to roll out by then.

The WHO are suggesting a reliable vaccine which is months away is unrealistic. I guess there are lots of varying opinions and studies from the experts at the moment because there are so many unknowns and different trials (Jenner are still trialling so it'll take a while to complete the study, assess the results and if successful, mass produce and roll it out on a scale that'll take more than 3 months).  One things for sure, there's no answer to this right now or a definite timeliness on a reliable vaccine.

If one is proven to be viable (fingers crossed it is this year) it'll take a while before enough of the population - or a percentage that experts are willing to recommend taking a risk to allow fans back in to watch football - are protected. 

I'd love it if October was right though. I'm desperate for things to get back to more of a normality than they are now and watching games in empty stadiums isn't great.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks- yeah makes sense.

Clubs at all levels would certainly be keen on this to be the case- especially as you say Leagues 1 and 2 (I'd also add Championship quite possibly due to the great operating losses clubs make but anyway)...all would be keen.

The specific point was, any thinking or moves/noises about the suggestion to let fans in these exceptional times drink in view of pitch in a socially distanced ground? I'm assuming not...

Certainly it’s not anything I have heard being suggested or requested at this stage . 

I went for option 2 this season rather than a refund but would definitely want a refund next season if I can’t attend matches as normal. I signed up & paid in full before Covid-19 hit the U.K. and have no interest in attending games as they may be planned with masks, social distancing etc. I’m sure others like me feel the same so that would clear up space for other season ticket holders who want to attend every game. Do we think refunds will be offered because we would not be getting what we originally paid for?

13 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

I went for option 2 this season rather than a refund but would definitely want a refund next season if I can’t attend matches as normal. I signed up & paid in full before Covid-19 hit the U.K. and have no interest in attending games as they may be planned with masks, social distancing etc. I’m sure others like me feel the same so that would clear up space for other season ticket holders who want to attend every game. Do we think refunds will be offered because we would not be getting what we originally paid for?

Please don't think I am trying to be a smart arse here cos I really do understand your point but would it not be seen that you paid to watch a football match and that is what you are getting regardless ?

• Admin
Just now, BigTone said:

Please don't think I am trying to be a smart arse here cos I really do understand your point but would it not be seen that you paid to watch a football match and that is what you are getting?

"Watch" or "be at the match"? 

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Please don't think I am trying to be a smart arse here cos I really do understand your point but would it not be seen that you paid to watch a football match and that is what you are getting regardless ?

Good point but it’s more than that. I paid to watch every home match not a selection. Plus I want to get the whole experience of watching it with my family and discussing the game as it happens, most of the time talking rubbish as normal :laugh:. It’s not all about the football for me more the whole experience. Social distanced seating and masks all sounds very sterile and not for me. You might as well watch it on TV. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks- had a feeling it might be the case.

You do know that my statement was a tongue in cheek one, merely highlighting the disparity between how we as football supporters are treated in relation to the superior rugger fellas. 

Having said that and with the greatest respect to Julie H, who obviously knows more about the law than a mere mortal like myself. She is an enforcer of the law (depending on who you are). She is not a maker of the law, that's the government. And I was just pointing out that the government have made numerous new laws to cope with the Covid situation, as well as relaxing some others during these unprecedented times. It's not a bad idea though.?:me?:

6 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Good point but it’s more than that. I paid to watch every home match not a selection. Plus I want to get the whole experience of watching it with my family and discussing the game as it happens, most of the time talking rubbish as normal :laugh:. It’s not all about the football for me more the whole experience. Social distanced seating and masks all sounds very sterile and not for me. You might as well watch it on TV. 

Just a point of order if I may but we of the Bristol City family do not talk rubbish ....... we sprout shite !!!

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Again, that doesn't account for whether it's club or EFL led. Given the flux in general and with kickoff times, I'm thinking it might be the latter- would Leeds choose the 5pm Thursday slot for successive weeks eg?

Might be the case that the club are getting the flak when it's not been their call to make!

They may well want it and frankly commercially it'd be needed, but will it be deemed safe etc? Who knows!

Just to come back to you on this, I agree we don’t know who makes the decision and I’m not necessarily blaming the club.

But someone, somewhere has decided to play this fixture at a time that will inconvenient for many supporters who pay to watch in favour of players who are paid to entertain. I don’t agree with it.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Last time there was some excuse about player welfare i.e. they’d get home very late. Doesn’t cut it for me - they’re highly paid to entertain us so they should damn well be doing it when most of us who pay to watch it are actually available.

I believe this time its something to do with Stoke's side and claiming they don't need accommodation if its an earlier kick off time (seemed strange to me as any overnight trip would be day before). Anyway if they submit some reason like that to the EFL where reduced financial outlay is involved I can see the EFL moving the kick off time to financially aid the clubs at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I believe this time its something to do with Stoke's side and claiming they don't need accommodation if its an earlier kick off time (seemed strange to me as any overnight trip would be day before). Anyway if they submit some reason like that to the EFL where reduced financial outlay is involved I can see the EFL moving the kick off time to financially aid the clubs at the moment. 

If that is the reason I don’t really buy that either. If the game finished at 9:30pm they’d be back in Stoke around 12:30...wouldn’t kill them would it.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just to come back to you on this, I agree we don’t know who makes the decision and I’m not necessarily blaming the club.

But someone, somewhere has decided to play this fixture at a time that will inconvenient for many supporters who pay to watch in favour of players who are paid to entertain. I don’t agree with it.

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If that is the reason I don’t really buy that either. If the game finished at 9:30pm they’d be back in Stoke around 12:30...wouldn’t kill them would it.

EFL probably...less clubs maybe using hotels (though we did at Blackburn) so they'll push kickoff times to accommodate travel etc!

I'll list the kickoff times since resumption, by date, game and team.

Saturday 20th June 2020

• 12.30pm- x 2
  • 1pm- x 1
  • 3pm- x 8

Sunday 21st June 2020

Cardiff v Leeds, Sky- 12pm.

Friday 26th June 2020

Brentford v West Brom- Sky- 7.45pm

Saturday 27th June 2020

12.30pm- x 3

1pm- x 2

3pm- x 4

Sunday 28th June 2020

Us v Sheffield Wednesday- Sky- 12pm

Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield- Sky- 2.15pm

Tuesday 30th June 2020

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 3

6.30pm- x 1

7.45pm- x 2

Wednesday 1st July 2020

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 2

7.45pm- x 1

Thursday 2nd July 2020

Hull v Middlesbrough- Sky- 5pm

Friday 3rd July 2020

Charlton v Millwall- Sky- 8.15pm

Saturday 4th July 2020

12.30pm- x 1

3pm- x 7

Sunday 5th July 2020

Swansea v Sheffield Wednesday- Sky- 12pm

2pm- x 1

3pm- x 1

Tuesday 7th July 2020

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 3

7.45pm- x 1

Wednesday 8th July 2020

3pm !?- x 1 (Millwall v Middlesbrough)

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 3

7.45pm- x 1

Thursday 9th July 2020

Leeds v Stoke- Sky- 5pm

Friday 10th July 2020

Huddersfield v Luton- 6pm

Fulham v Cardiff- 8.15pm

Saturday 11th July 2020

12.30pm- x 2

3pm- x 6

Sunday 12th July 2020

1.30pm- x 2

@Harryshould read this too. I recall he was quite unhappy and rightly so about one of the games being moved to 6- well whoever made the decision I'm quite sure it isn't/wasn't the club! This looks centrally planned...look at the distribution of kickoff times!

Some of it will be due to Sky. Some will be due to geographical distance, some who knows. However right now, it's just how it is...quite sure it smacks of EFL central planning!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8518815/Government-allow-fans-Premier-League-games-season-partial-stadium-openings.html

Interesting article! Focuses largely on the PL, but an interesting EFL snippet or two too...

The EFL are also working on the reintroduction of fans next season after being forced to cancel an ambitious plan to trial small crowds on the final day of the current Championship season

Outside of the top flight, the EFL board had developed proposals for a series of test events to take place at Championship fixtures deemed to be dead rubbers on the final day of the season next Wednesday

But time constraints and the limited number of games with nothing riding on them have led to the plan being put on hold.

It comes after the EFL shelved plans to re-introduce fans for the final games of the season

As a result, the EFL are focusing efforts on securing Government support for fans to return to stadiums next season, with the additional aspiration that small crowds will be permitted to attend pre-season matches next month.

If trials are successful then it is hoped grounds will be able to reopen at 25 per cent capacity in September before welcoming more fans later in the season.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

EFL probably...less clubs maybe using hotels (though we did at Blackburn) so they'll push kickoff times to accommodate travel etc!

I'll list the kickoff times since resumption, by date, game and team.

Saturday 20th June 2020

• 12.30pm- x 2
  • 1pm- x 1
  • 3pm- x 8

Sunday 21st June 2020

Cardiff v Leeds, Sky- 12pm.

Friday 26th June 2020

Brentford v West Brom- Sky- 7.45pm

Saturday 27th June 2020

12.30pm- x 3

1pm- x 2

3pm- x 4

Sunday 28th June 2020

Us v Sheffield Wednesday- Sky- 12pm

Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield- Sky- 2.15pm

Tuesday 30th June 2020

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 3

6.30pm- x 1

7.45pm- x 2

Wednesday 1st July 2020

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 2

7.45pm- x 1

Thursday 2nd July 2020

Hull v Middlesbrough- Sky- 5pm

Friday 3rd July 2020

Charlton v Millwall- Sky- 8.15pm

Saturday 4th July 2020

12.30pm- x 1

3pm- x 7

Sunday 5th July 2020

Swansea v Sheffield Wednesday- Sky- 12pm

2pm- x 1

3pm- x 1

Tuesday 7th July 2020

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 3

7.45pm- x 1

Wednesday 8th July 2020

3pm !?- x 1 (Millwall v Middlesbrough)

5pm- x 1

6pm- x 3

7.45pm- x 1

Thursday 9th July 2020

Leeds v Stoke- Sky- 5pm

Friday 10th July 2020

Huddersfield v Luton- 6pm

Fulham v Cardiff- 8.15pm

Saturday 11th July 2020

12.30pm- x 2

3pm- x 6

Sunday 12th July 2020

1.30pm- x 2

@Harryshould read this too. I recall he was quite unhappy and rightly so about one of the games being moved to 6- well whoever made the decision I'm quite sure it isn't/wasn't the club! This looks centrally planned...look at the distribution of kickoff times!

Some of it will be due to Sky. Some will be due to geographical distance, some who knows. However right now, it's just how it is...quite sure it smacks of EFL central planning!

The club can always say no. 

Anyway, I’m not bothered about all those games you listed - 27 wrongs don’t make a right. 

It’s a transparency issue. Robins TV or refund - options given and decisions made. 2 days later 2 kick offs are changed. Now another. That’s 3 of the 9 games they ‘sold’ me. 33.33%. One third. It’s not very transparent. I don’t care who’s decision it is, it’s bull. 

On 13/07/2020 at 09:45, eric04 said:

There was a piece on points west a few weeks back with the safety guy at Ashton gate and he said they have already done their safety protocols for 25% capacity, so are ready to go  when the government allows it. 

Tickets costing £150!

If we keep winning home games behind closed doors perhaps the club will want to keep fans away!

3 hours ago, Harry said:

The club can always say no. 

Anyway, I’m not bothered about all those games you listed - 27 wrongs don’t make a right. 

It’s a transparency issue. Robins TV or refund - options given and decisions made. 2 days later 2 kick offs are changed. Now another. That’s 3 of the 9 games they ‘sold’ me. 33.33%. One third. It’s not very transparent. I don’t care who’s decision it is, it’s bull. 

Club should pro rata refund the difference between the 9 games and unavailable games. So that'd be another £30 back. 

Can the club say no? Nobody has established this point either way on here..the mass of random kickoff times is for illustrative purposes, so it show that plenty are in the same boat!

Which makes me think it's centrally planned. Millwall v Middlesbrough at 3pm on a Wednesday,  that one certainly was notable!

On 13/07/2020 at 09:29, 054123 said:

It’s a shame really.

I don’t think my family and I will attend this calendar year fir a number of reasons.

I would cancel season tickets, but i don’t like the thought of retaining seats if we ever get promoted.

We won't be either but I doubt any of us will be allowed to before 2021. The question is IF the season starts say mid September and fans aren't allowed in, will most clubs be able to afford to play? L1 & L2 didn't want to complete this season as, I guess, in part they could not afford to do so without the fans being present. 

It's just a question of wait and see at the mo ..... 

49 minutes ago, Jacs said:

We won't be either but I doubt any of us will be allowed to before 2021. The question is IF the season starts say mid September and fans aren't allowed in, will most clubs be able to afford to play? L1 & L2 didn't want to complete this season as, I guess, in part they could not afford to do so without the fans being present. 

It's just a question of wait and see at the mo ..... 

Have not thought about it but you are absolutely right. L1 &2 will have to take a break next season. They simply can't afford playing.

Archived