IGNORED

Will fans be allowed in next season?

reddogkev

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Bars open indoors? Or straight in and to your seat. 

No reason why they should not be

It's not like queuing systems etc are new to us anymore, by October it will be even more the norm

7 minutes ago, James54De said:

That’s with 3 seats in between. Only 2 would be needed now? So that would add another few thousand on. 

Assume that requires everyone wearing a face mask? People shouting/chanting would send droplets further etc otherwise

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Assume that requires everyone wearing a face mask? People shouting/chanting would send droplets further etc otherwise

If they follow the model of other European countries that are allowed fans back then it will be no singing of shouting, I get the feeling they are looking for a cricket match atmosphere with just a nice round of applause when someone dose something good, I hope it doesn't go like that as well take so much of the fun away,

15 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yes, however it might make seats behind and Infront more difficult. In a three seat gap there is a middle seat in rows behind or in front, with a two seat gap distancing may be more difficult. 

Just personal opinion but I think it'll stay the 5600 capacity until the time Boris mentioned nearer to christmas about reducing social distancing further

56 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yes, however it might make seats behind and Infront more difficult. In a three seat gap there is a middle seat in rows behind or in front, with a two seat gap distancing may be more difficult. 

Ta.  I was wondering whether 2 seats was slightly less than 1m so why they’d gone 3 seats.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

What happens when the guy in the middle of a row needs a Jimmy? Everyone in that row (one side only of course) has to exit that row also? If so where do they go?

At my age I just piss my pants anyway so not a problem really.

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Is it just me or will all venues need a 'pilot' game at some point? Purely to make sure everything runs smoothly, just picturing a situation come October so test games done at a lot of football grounds and chaos at the first game back being a competitive league game. Would make far more sense to allow people in for a pre-season friendly as a test game even if you can't then come back and watch another until October so you can get the process right.

4 hours ago, stoke giiford red said:

Walking past someone briskly is deemed to be low risk so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Good luck with that in the cramped Dolman, it gets quite intimate in there at the best of times.

5 hours ago, James54De said:

That’s with 3 seats in between. Only 2 would be needed now? So that would add another few thousand on. 

But isn’t it still 2m, but less is allowed where 2m isn’t possible? It could be argued 2m is possible ( but probably not financially viable).

But October is a while away, anything could happen between now and then.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

But isn’t it still 2m, but less is allowed where 2m isn’t possible? It could be argued 2m is possible ( but probably not financially viable).

But October is a while away, anything could happen between now and then.

Comes back to something Boris said in the commons, when an MP said he was glad to hear of the new rules it meant his local market would no longer have to impose a 1 way system for people. Well 2m would still be possible if they used the 1 way system but seemingly able to choose not to, and Boris then said he was glad to hear it 

23 hours ago, James54De said:

Oxford are using a method that they have been developing for a while. They place the genome of covid inside a virus that they know does not effect humans at all (chimpanzee adenovirus). That replicates the protein production from Sars-CoV-2. This is a modern method which makes the bodies reaction to the shot very predictable, unlike past viruses. That is why scientists in the Jenner Institute have been so confident from so early. 

Previously, vaccines have been a case of trial and error. In this case it is a precise science where the result can be predicted long before tests.

As someone on the Oxford vaccine trial speaking to the trial nurse there has been no serious side effects to the vaccine either the Covid or placebo injection She is aware off 

Archived