IGNORED

Will fans be allowed in next season?

reddogkev

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Everyone doesn't need it to be honest. In fact, in order to build up immunity it's pretty important children, for example, catch it. It's another strain of the common cold. 

For mass roll out, yes. But by October the government will likely give consent for the vaccine to be used on the most vulnerable. Assuming successful this will reduce serious cases of the illness dramatically - and it already has reduced dramatically, not only because of social distancing but because hospitals have learnt how to deal with the virus much better i.e. use of dexamethasone etc

Point being if it’s only the vulnerable getting a vaccine at that point it does nothing to increase the size of a potential attendance at AG nor social distancing at the ground any easier.

This probably won’t go down well, but do we know the breakdown of our season ticket sales by age group? If we were to exclude U19s and OAP group how many adult season ticket holders do we have? Could the right/permitted capacity amount give or take.

Fully appreciate it’s not a perfect way of determining who gets in, but most U19s will be back in FT education then and therefore at higher levels exposure and we know that the over 65s are at greater risk, the stats back this up.

I sit with my old man (in his 70s) and my nephew (14, I think) they would not be happy with this, but if the club makes the decision then they’d have no choice but to accept it. I know many others in those groups who would hate or would have a tricky decision to make, take it out their hands, obviously they will retain their seats and they’ll be there when we can fully reopen.

Tin hat on.

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Might work out that our capacity matches with season tickets sold. Problem solved, bearing in mind a solution to suit all will not be found 

Yes, that's what I thought. We've sold 12k? Capacity 28K? There'd be a certain amount of distancing if spread around the stadium.

25 minutes ago, eric04 said:

There was a piece on points west a few weeks back with the safety guy at Ashton gate and he said they have already done their safety protocols for 25% capacity, so are ready to go  when the government allows it. 

If that's the case Eric our capacity will be somewhere around 7000......1 in 2 chance if its a balloting system assuming circ 14k season cards been sold.... 

There are huge pressures financially to get spectators back into the ground. And there are advantages compared to theatres or cinemas in that the game itself takes place outside. However even at 1m social distancing that’s still way less than half capacity. Then there’s the requirement to wear a mask. Would everyone comply? In shops, it’s only about 25% wearing them at the moment. Stands would have to be closed off from each other and there would have to be separate entrances and exits, so that could be any form of contact tracing. It’s not impossible but a logistical nightmare.

And much though the vast majority are hoping for a vaccine, and we may have something viable within months, it’s not going to be ready by the beginning of next season.

Honestly if you are a male over 70, I would still be extremely concerned about assuming that you can return to normal life just yet, as you do not want to catch this virus. It’s still out there. The majority do survive, even at that age, but the risk of serious illness is high, and we are now aware that even younger adults who have an initially mild illness, can have long-term consequences.

13 minutes ago, zombie said:

This probably won’t go down well, but do we know the breakdown of our season ticket sales by age group? If we were to exclude U19s and OAP group how many adult season ticket holders do we have? Could the right/permitted capacity amount give or take.

Fully appreciate it’s not a perfect way of determining who gets in, but most U19s will be back in FT education then and therefore at higher levels exposure and we know that the over 65s are at greater risk, the stats back this up.

I sit with my old man (in his 70s) and my nephew (14, I think) they would not be happy with this, but if the club makes the decision then they’d have no choice but to accept it. I know many others in those groups who would hate or would have a tricky decision to make, take it out their hands, obviously they will retain their seats and they’ll be there when we can fully reopen.

Tin hat on.

Well in theory if you have to give contacts to track and trace you only have to give names of people you've been in close proximity to for more than 15 mins, in a socially distanced crowd that shouldn't happen, it should be a case of enter stand, go to seat, watch game, leave, I don't think we'll see any food/drink stands open.

Another thing to bare in mind for quoting x% of 28,000 is that includes the Atyeo stand, none of our season ticket holders have a ticket  there, how do you decide who moves to that stand, how does it affect the cost of your ST? If say you'd paid for a Lansdown mid area ST the price would be higher than for the equivalent cost.

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're talking about October. Still 3 months away. The Jenner Institute in Oxford are anticipating they'll have a vaccine ready to roll out by then.

If that’s the case then it would be worth waiting. 
otherwise, they might have to alternate seat numbers and rows. I’m a season ticket holder in the dolman. So, say they did rows 1,3,5,7,9 etc 

seats 1,5,9,13,17

. Next game rows 2,4,6,8etc

seats 2,6,10,14 19

although this will only work in areas where all seats are taken up by season tickets 

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Everyone doesn't need it to be honest. In fact, in order to build up immunity it's pretty important children, for example, catch it. It's another strain of the common cold. 

For mass roll out, yes. But by October the government will likely give consent for the vaccine to be used on the most vulnerable. Assuming successful this will reduce serious cases of the illness dramatically - and it already has reduced dramatically, not only because of social distancing but because hospitals have learnt how to deal with the virus much better i.e. use of dexamethasone etc

There is zero chance that any vaccine will be ready by October....for anyone.

Whatever way they do it, a group of fans are going to be upset.

Stop kids from going in because they paid less and require supervision and that knackers the distancing regs? Ructions at home and annoys families.

Exclude OAPs because they are most vulnerable? There are plenty of people in that age bracket who are fitter and healthier than a lot of younger people.

Priority for those who've paid the most for their season ticket or who paid up front and not on drip? Underlying wealth condition - doesn't make it fair on those who prefer a monthly out going.

The only way it might work, would be to ask season ticket holders if they would like to be considered for a ballot, and once their number is drawn they are allocated a game. That 'number' is then excluded from future draws until all numbers have been drawn, then you start the process again.

Where you end up sitting and what games you end up seeing purely the luck of the draw with seat swaps for those with health conditions that mean steps are difficult.

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

It should be only season ticket holders allowed in initially. Would actually be a good for business as there would be a greater uptake in season tickets to get in. Reckon you could fit 14k people in the stands with an unused seat between each person?

So how would people get to their seats without brushing past people who got there earlier? 

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

Completely agree. Also how would the club put processes in place to deal with social distancing under the stands and outside of the ground before and after the game and think about how much longer it would take for people to get in and out of the game. 

Also if someone who attended confirmed they had it how the heck would the club contact everyone that attended and how would they know who was near who. Think about the logistics of policing it all.  Plus with everyone wearing face masks (assuming 100% will and no one forgets it when they get to the game) can you imagine police being happy with that from a safety/security point of view.

Crazy suggestion to let x number of dans in to attend. Definitely shouldn't happen.

I would be prepared to change my name to Dan!

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Well in theory if you have to give contacts to track and trace you only have to give names of people you've been in close proximity to for more than 15 mins, in a socially distanced crowd that shouldn't happen, it should be a case of enter stand, go to seat, watch game, leave, I don't think we'll see any food/drink stands open.

Another thing to bare in mind for quoting x% of 28,000 is that includes the Atyeo stand, none of our season ticket holders have a ticket  there, how do you decide who moves to that stand, how does it affect the cost of your ST? If say you'd paid for a Lansdown mid area ST the price would be higher than for the equivalent cost.

Think we’ve sold circa 12k Season Cards, just trying to reduce that number to get in line with whatever the permitted capacity will be, no one really knows, but if by removing U19s and OAP then the number drops to 7k then we’re at approximately 25% which someone suggested. If it drops to 9-10k then that’s what the Bears are talking about.

Obviously no food and drink initially, that along with the reduced numbers should reduce the need for or at least heavy demand/queuing for toilets.

Just trying to think of a solution other than a weekly ballot, think getting rid of the young ones (in September they’re likely to be more exposed on the whole) and the old (obviously more at risk if they catch it). It’s by no way a perfect solution, but removing them could get us to around the number we need.

How to determine who sits where, that would be something the club can work out, we know the SS is pretty much all Season card holder, I’d propose that some of those would be transferred to behind the other goal in the Atyeo.

I’m sure in the group of adults I’m talking about (20-64) we’d be expecting and willing to put up with not being in our normal seat, but hopefully close enough. I sit in W16, don’t mind moving a block over either way or upstairs. Normal life has been disrupted far more than asking me to sit in a different red chair.

They are going to have to come up with a sensible refund policy too. Many people were happy to forego the current end of season money in return for the Robins TV subscription but giving people 3 days to choose a refund or a tv package won't cut the mustard if you are potentially missing half the games over a whole season particularly when some of those people will be out of work and can use the money if they aren't getting to watch the game.

46 minutes ago, zombie said:

Tin hat on.

I think those seriously at risk are not so much all OAPs as those over 80 with existing health issues. I believe about 80% of deaths fall into that category? 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

How the hell could the club allow 40% of fans in, how would they choose who to allow, what if you had bought a season ticket with your friend and he was allowed in but not you, can you imagine the uproar, I can't see fans being allowed until it's one in all-in.

Maybe they could do a stand each game.  i.e. only Dolman people are allowed in for game 1, but rows 1,3,5,7 etc. must go in the South stand, rows 18,20,22 etc. go in Lansdown ....

Game 2, South Stand only allowed in etc. but they are spread out around the ground again.

And just have 200 away fans put into half of the Atyeo??

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Stop kids from going in because they paid less and require supervision and that knackers the distancing regs? Ructions at home and annoys families.

Exclude OAPs because they are most vulnerable? There are plenty of people in that age bracket who are fitter and healthier than a lot of younger people.

Yep, definitely going to cause upset. Don’t think a ballot is any better though. What happens if a child gets a ‘golden ticket’ and their parent doesn’t? Whilst my old man would hate to miss out, if it’s the club enforcing the rule he’d have to accept it.

We can probably assume the reopening will be phased, in theory adults between 20-64 should be the easiest group to manage, a young child may be more unruly and more likely to break social distancing rules.

The club should also want to protect its elderly fans, we know that no one is totally safe, but we know that the vast majority of those dead from covid are over 65. If I’m issuing tickets I’d be much happier giving a ticket to someone in their 30s rather than someone in their 70s, it’s obvious why. I’m sure there are loads of over 65s who are in great shape and would argue, the reality is they may think they’re in good shape, but they have weaker immune systems.

13 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Maybe they could do a stand each game.  i.e. only Dolman people are allowed in for game 1, but rows 1,3,5,7 etc. must go in the South stand, rows 18,20,22 etc. go in Lansdown ....

Game 2, South Stand only allowed in etc. but they are spread out around the ground again.

And just have 200 away fans put into half of the Atyeo??

Sod away fans. 200 City season ticket holders shouldn't miss out to let a few away fans in. 

Don't think anyone will be travelling away for a while anyway. 

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Priority for those who've paid the most for their season ticket or who paid up front and not on drip? Underlying wealth condition - doesn't make it fair on those who prefer a monthly out going.

The only way it might work, would be to ask season ticket holders if they would like to be considered for a ballot, and once their number is drawn they are allocated a game. That 'number' is then excluded from future draws until all numbers have been drawn, then you start the process again.

Where you end up sitting and what games you end up seeing purely the luck of the draw with seat swaps for those with health conditions that mean steps are difficult.

Why a ballot - surely alternating games better. Even nos one weeks odd numbers the next!! 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well that's the Jenner Institute's target, for now I will trust them over an anonymous person on the internet :thumbsup:

Our target is the Premier League, target is something to aim for, that is it. I do hope you’re right, however assuming they did develop a vaccine by October, looking at our governments success with PPE, testing, track and trace etc... how quickly do you think they’d be able to produce it and roll it out?

Hopefully they could give those old and vulnerable it at the same time they offer the flu jab, so later this year. That would be excellent, lots of discovery and testing to do by then and that’s before we talk about production and delivery.

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

How can there be a vaccine when they're not even sure that having had it gives you immunity? 

Most of the scientists seem to think the earliest date for a successful vaccine to be widely available is summer next year, so it could be assumed it won't have any effect on next season

14 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Why a ballot - surely alternating games better. Even nos one weeks odd numbers the next!! 

There is no reason for people living at the same address to be socially distanced, if it's season ticket holders only they have this information on their database so in some cases adjacent seats could be used

2 hours ago, BOSRed said:

It should be only season ticket holders allowed in initially. Would actually be a good for business as there would be a greater uptake in season tickets to get in. Reckon you could fit 14k people in the stands with an unused seat between each person?

I haven’t read to the end of this thread, so not sure if this has already been mentioned. But that’s ok if people arrived and were seated to fill up rows, row by row. But if a person in the middle of a row  then wanted to get up to use the loo, or leave 10 minutes early...where I’d the social distancing then! He would have to pass by plenty of other people, the distance between rows of seating in the Dolman for example is very cramped, I felt closer to strangers than I wanted to be, and that was pre-covid.

Also on the point of a ballot, how is it fair some will get Villa and some Rotherham. One being a ‘gold’ match and the other certainly a bronze? What happens to compensate for that?

Too many complications with getting people in and out of the stadium, toilet facilities etc. As much as I love live football I can’t imagine not being able to jump up and hug the people I go with ( and even those sitting nearby at times!). I think it would be a very diluted experience and hard to accept after being in huge crowds.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

There is no reason for people living at the same address to be socially distanced, if it's season ticket holders only they have this information on their database so in some cases adjacent seats could be used

I did ask this after seeing rugby in Australia being played and people being distanced with  4 seats or so between individuals,even family members. Someone was kind enough to explain it had to be done like this as otherwise it would mess up the spacing in the rows either side of a family group, it does make sense.

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

How can there be a vaccine when they're not even sure that having had it gives you immunity? 

And how many people will be rushing to have something with such limited testing, I wouldn’t want to be a guinea pig. Who knows what side effects it could have.

Archived