Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Will fans be allowed in next season?

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

One way systems around the concourse etc. Should be quite easy with our set up.

Bars open indoors? Or straight in and to your seat. 

Edited by Clevedon Red
27 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Bars open indoors? Or straight in and to your seat. 

No reason why they should not be

It's not like queuing systems etc are new to us anymore, by October it will be even more the norm

7 minutes ago, James54De said:

That’s with 3 seats in between. Only 2 would be needed now? So that would add another few thousand on. 

Assume that requires everyone wearing a face mask? People shouting/chanting would send droplets further etc otherwise

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Assume that requires everyone wearing a face mask? People shouting/chanting would send droplets further etc otherwise

If they follow the model of other European countries that are allowed fans back then it will be no singing of shouting, I get the feeling they are looking for a cricket match atmosphere with just a nice round of applause when someone dose something good, I hope it doesn't go like that as well take so much of the fun away,

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is that because of 1m?

Yes, however it might make seats behind and Infront more difficult. In a three seat gap there is a middle seat in rows behind or in front, with a two seat gap distancing may be more difficult. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

What happens when the guy in the middle of a row needs a Jimmy? Everyone in that row (one side only of course) has to exit that row also? If so where do they go?

Walking past someone briskly is deemed to be low risk so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Edited by stoke giiford red
15 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yes, however it might make seats behind and Infront more difficult. In a three seat gap there is a middle seat in rows behind or in front, with a two seat gap distancing may be more difficult. 

Just personal opinion but I think it'll stay the 5600 capacity until the time Boris mentioned nearer to christmas about reducing social distancing further

56 minutes ago, James54De said:

Ta.  I was wondering whether 2 seats was slightly less than 1m so why they’d gone 3 seats.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

What happens when the guy in the middle of a row needs a Jimmy? Everyone in that row (one side only of course) has to exit that row also? If so where do they go?

At my age I just piss my pants anyway so not a problem really.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Is it just me or will all venues need a 'pilot' game at some point? Purely to make sure everything runs smoothly, just picturing a situation come October so test games done at a lot of football grounds and chaos at the first game back being a competitive league game. Would make far more sense to allow people in for a pre-season friendly as a test game even if you can't then come back and watch another until October so you can get the process right.

Question from Rovers forum, could we see the new season moved back to October 1st so all games would be played with some crowd in attendance? Would mean 3 or 4 more midweek games

4 hours ago, stoke giiford red said:

Walking past someone briskly is deemed to be low risk so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Good luck with that in the cramped Dolman, it gets quite intimate in there at the best of times.

5 hours ago, James54De said:

That’s with 3 seats in between. Only 2 would be needed now? So that would add another few thousand on. 

But isn’t it still 2m, but less is allowed where 2m isn’t possible? It could be argued 2m is possible ( but probably not financially viable).

But October is a while away, anything could happen between now and then.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

But isn’t it still 2m, but less is allowed where 2m isn’t possible? It could be argued 2m is possible ( but probably not financially viable).

But October is a while away, anything could happen between now and then.

Comes back to something Boris said in the commons, when an MP said he was glad to hear of the new rules it meant his local market would no longer have to impose a 1 way system for people. Well 2m would still be possible if they used the 1 way system but seemingly able to choose not to, and Boris then said he was glad to hear it 

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 1