IGNORED

Away fans rule

Matthew me

I don't understand why we spend millions on players, training ground, drones, mega size televisions etc etc. All to achieve marginal gains, yet one of the biggest things that can support the team is a strong away following , it makes all the difference.

Why doesn't the club look to charge a flat £5 for any coach ticket for away games. Doing their bit to keep people off the roads and reduce footprint, they won't lose huge amounts and perhaps the extra numbers will get us to the premiership

Strange timing. 

Has this post been waiting to get through from moderators for 6 months or something? ?

It would be a good thing to do a couple of times a season for your games miles away Hull/Boro etc, but ultimately it would be another loss making part of the business if we were to do it every game.

56 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I don't understand why we spend millions on players, training ground, drones, mega size televisions etc etc. All to achieve marginal gains, yet one of the biggest things that can support the team is a strong away following , it makes all the difference.

Why doesn't the club look to charge a flat £5 for any coach ticket for away games. Doing their bit to keep people off the roads and reduce footprint, they won't lose huge amounts and perhaps the extra numbers will get us to the premiership

Although I agree with your idea, it's a bit pointless at the moment as its Looking very likely that there will be no away fans allowed at any games next season, would be a good idea for the 21-22 season thought,

We don't have a problem with our away form, so maybe we need to find a way of making more noise at home.

A winder and a spring for those who sit in the West Stand might be a good start.

Maybe magnifying the South Stand around the ground through the tannoy would help.  Oops, I forgot, the sound that comes out of the tannoy is actually worse than the West Stand.

You assume more people would want to travel by coach, if I did more away games I'd rather not have it dictated what time I had to leave, arrive near at the place and then depart again, its not so much the cost of the coach.

If you looked at points per away game when our away following is high, I suspect it pays dividend

Fulham away, QPR, Cardiff, etc

Surely we can link fans v points for away games

If the club "loses" £5 per seat for the first 1000 tickets, it's £5k per game, or £115k per year. An absolute drop in the ocean compared to what we spend. Or ask businesses to sponsor it, will help with FFP

7 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

My thoughts are long distance games on Saturdays short trips for  mid week games

Think football league sees it the other way, have the longer trips midweek because less people are likely to attend them even on weekend and leave shorter trips for weekends to try and attract boosted crowds.

6 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Um, maybe because of Covid19 which is likely will be with us for the foreseeable future ?

6 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Sounds like the slogan used by City fans who travel to away games.

Ah.... the old 'Bristol City Rule O.K.'

Used to see it everywhere - particularly on the front of my school books!

34 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

What about the years before covid? We never seem to support away trips, I firmly believe a large away following can only help! Marginal gains

Think anywhere much north of Birmingham/West Midlands seems to be a problem for us, numbers wise!

Not always of course, but that's a reasonable starting point, rule of thumb.

Always thought subsidised travel would help- I remember Hull away last game of 2018/19, we were IIRC in a 3 way battle for playoffs, we needed to win and Derby and Middlesbrough drop points- and it was along with the rest of the final round, a 12.30pm kick off on a Sunday- good old EFL! :laugh: A very ideal game for it- additionally, away trips to far flung games in midweek or a Friday. Suffice to say, the club didn't!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think anywhere north of Birmingham/West Midlands seems to be a problem for us, numbers wise!

Not always of course, but that's a reasonable starting point, rule of thumb.

Always thought subsidised travel would help- I remember Hull away last game of 2018/19, we were IIRC in a 3 way battle for playoffs, we needed to win and Derby and Middlesbrough drop points- and it was along with the rest of the final round, a 12.30pm kick off on a Sunday- good old EFL! :laugh: A very ideal game for it- additionally, away trips to far flung games in midweek or a Friday. Suffice to say, the club didn't!

Perfect example! 

Games in the past like barnsley away, Wigan, hull, etc. Some help for fans that are willing to give up an entire Saturday

20 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Mate of mine is/was involved with booking coaches for away games for the rugby.

Their approach is to take all of the away game, get quotes at the start of the season and then divide the cost of travel across all games.

So whilst the cost of going on one of their coaches to the away game with Bath at £x might seem expensive, the cost of return travel to, say, Newcastle is also £x - one price all season.

Archived