IGNORED

Michael Appleton

Rocky

45 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Love how many people are convincing themselves that it must be true.

It's like they want to be outraged.

"Oh yes if I saw Appleton walking down Raleigh Road, I'd say 'Appleton. You're a run-of-the-mill lower league gaffer but I admire the tenacious way you have clung on to employment in the cut-throat world of football management. You can give the lads in the Dog & Duck Sunday pub league the benefit of your advice any day and have a pint with us afterwards.'  But if I saw Appleton walking into Ashton Gate! With Steve Lansdown! And he 'ad a contract of employment in his track suit pocket! I'd say 'Oi, Appleton! Nooooooooooo! We've had years of lower league misery we don't need another dose!!' "

Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse To Tour Characters For The First ...

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if this guy gets the job then its a job for the boys. Mark Ashtons mate. just as well have kept lee. come on steve i thought you wanted to take the club to the premiership. 

Imagining believing this post

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

I see he is 16/1 on skybet. Last time I looked he wasn't even listed so maybe someone knows something and has lumped money on him? 

no people have seen this podcast a d put money on it, 

It would almost be as bad as Pulis making a return to us.

What justification would there be for appointing him?

I hope to god this doesn’t happen because for one this forum will combust into cyber space .

geemacgee if you are reading this report back to the club that the natives are restless and Michael Appleton is not the fans no1 choice!! 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Love how many people are convincing themselves that it must be true.

It's like they want to be outraged.

I doubt anyone wants to be outraged, though they sure as hell would be if he was appointed.

It’s the fear we’d be lumbered with someone who would actually be less popular than the one we’ve just got rid of, 

Ok, it’s unlikey to happen, but this is Bristol City after all, so wouldn’t bet against it!

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

"Oh yes if I saw Appleton walking down Raleigh Road, I'd say 'Appleton. You're a run-of-the-mill lower league gaffer but I admire the tenacious way you have clung on to employment in the cut-throat world of football management. You can give the lads in the Dog & Duck Sunday pub league the benefit of your advice any day and have a pint with us afterwards.'  But if I saw Appleton walking into Ashton Gate! With Steve Lansdown! And he 'ad a contract of employment in his track suit pocket! I'd say 'Oi, Appleton! Nooooooooooo! We've had years of lower league misery we don't need another dose!!' "

Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse To Tour Characters For The First ...

After a crap day at work, this really made my day. ?

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

if this guy gets the job then its a job for the boys. Mark Ashtons mate. just as well have kept lee. come on steve i thought you wanted to take the club to the premiership. 

Totally agree, pointless appointment if we go with him

Archived