IGNORED

Benik v Stoke City

Roadrunner

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Can't play as in England we have this scaredy cat attitude to loan players. The Spanish have no such fear of loan players lining up against their parent club. 

Yeah, but being relegated by your own player is as bad as being dumped out of the entire football league by team wearing your own kit ?

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, but being relegated by your own player is as bad as being dumped out of the entire football league by team wearing your own kit ?

Such a thing would surely never happen....that would be far too amateur and far too funny.............

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Can't play as in England we have this scaredy cat attitude to loan players. The Spanish have no such fear of loan players lining up against their parent club. 

And that's why Spain will never be a major super power again.

17 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not always the case, you do get odd exceptions, Chelsea played Derby in the league cup last season and allowed all to play against them, of course Tomori scored an own goal....

18 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

After David Seal scored the winner against us playing for Northampton, while still a bristol city player, i'm glad this rule is in place!

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

And that's why Spain will never be a major super power again.

Err, 3 major championships in a row for the national side in the recent past plus numerous Champions Leagues kind of indicates major power. In big neon lighting.

22 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Err, 3 major championships in a row for the national side in the recent past plus numerous Champions Leagues kind of indicates major power. In big neon lighting.

What about outside of soccer? Major ongoing decline from superpower status.

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

What about outside of soccer? Major ongoing decline from superpower status.

Um... and the UK? That’s not going brilliantly either right now. Especially when everyone finds out how inconvenient the Government are going to make it to go on a cheap Spanish holiday from January.

And as for the football, in terms of skills our players are still some way behind the rest of Europe, Spain included.

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Um... and the UK? That’s not going brilliantly either right now. Especially when everyone finds out how inconvenient the Government are going to make it to go on a cheap Spanish holiday from January.

And as for the football, in terms of skills our players are still some way behind the rest of Europe, Spain included.

That may have been true a couple of years ago, now with the current crop of young players we have not so much, we will be one of the favourites for the Euros next year and rightly so can't imagine any team and I certainly include Spain in that will look forward to playing us.

12 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I think @grifty meant in absolute terms rather than comparatively vs the UK. Though I agree the Uk is in decline compounded by current prevailing attitude of quixotic isolationism. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I never would have imagined Benik not getting in our side!

It's not like he doesn't look sharp, we saw him look so good in that weird system where he played on the left.

But Wells and Fam did impress me. And if Fam was not available or too tired then i'd probably go with Wells on his own anyway.

So we can certainly live without Afobe for another game.

I was actually quite impressed with Watkins and O'Dowda leading the line the last 20 odd minutes last game.

Not saying that is something I want us to do! But it does force the opposition back if we are leading. They did well in that system with Weimann coming from deep.

This!

Let Diedhiou and Wells loose to savage and ravage. 

And EAT THEM. ??

Archived