IGNORED

League One playoff final (7:30 KO) - Who would you rather?

sephjnr

League One final (7:30 KO) - Who would you rather?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Very similar, because every time Burton came to Ashton Gate they had 9 behind the ball all game as well.

It must be a truly terrible standard for a team like Wycombe to have gone up.

I agree and it makes you wonder how bad the likes of Sunderland & Ipswich are  

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Wow find that comment staggering.

A team with no money 9 players pre season, tiny crowds get promoted to play at grounds they could only have dreamed of, and your take is that.

Good luck Wycombe.

My comment has nothing to do with diminishing their achievement, it’s fantastic for them.

But from my own perspective of what I pay my money for, I’d much rather see us play a side that actually try to play football rather than a team that’ll have ten behind the ball for 90 mins and be time wasting after about 6 minutes!

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My comment has nothing to do with diminishing their achievement, it’s fantastic for them.

But from my own perspective of what I pay my money for, I’d much rather see us play a side that actually try to play football rather than a team that’ll have ten behind the ball for 90 mins and be time wasting after about 6 minutes!

OK, but can't believe they got 6 points clear at the top early in the season playing as you describe.

And if by some miracle we made the play off final got battered by by a fantastic Brentford side but sneaked a lucky 1-0 win would you think us worthy of the premier league.  Or would you reckon because of the dross on view the last two seasons we wouldn't deserve our shot at the top league?

5 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Think we could see him in Bristol next season, the Bears are short in the prop forward department and boy is he built like one!

I was at a dinner with Clarke Carlisle late last year. He spoke of his time at Northampton when Akinfenwa was his team mate there. 
He said he’s never known a bloke like him - an absolute leader and the best team mate you could wish for.  

7 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

OK, but can't believe they got 6 points clear at the top early in the season playing as you describe.

And if by some miracle we made the play off final got battered by by a fantastic Brentford side but sneaked a lucky 1-0 win would you think us worthy of the premier league.  Or would you reckon because of the dross on view the last two seasons we wouldn't deserve our shot at the top league?

Honestly, no. If we got into the premier league this season after playing the way we have this season it would be an absolute travesty. I’d be delighted of course ;) 

I generally like to see the smaller sides get their chance so I wanted any of the teams apart from Portsmouth to win the play offs. For these sized clubs a season or 2 in the championship is about the limit that they can achieve, it would be one hell of an achievement if they can do what Burton did and stay in the championship for 2 seasons.

The 3 promoted clubs this season look weaker to me than last seasons Luton, Barnsley and Charlton but they are all struggling near the bottom of the table, it will be interesting to see which ones if any will bridge the gap next season, surely they can't do any worse? Teams like Millwall have shown that a direct style can work at this level so just maybe Wycombe can surprise some people and be competitive.

Well done Wycombe. I think it's refreshing to see a new team for next season.

I don't believe for one minute that they would've got there bar the unusual covid situation but well done, it's what football's all about.

As Burton and Yeovil have found out it's a difficult league to navigate without resources.

Well done Wycombe. I think it's refreshing to see a new team for next season.

I don't believe for one minute that they would've got there bar the unusual covid situation but well done, it's what football's all about.

As Burton and Yeovil have found out it's a difficult league to navigate without resources.

12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Fantastic achievement similar to Burton playing in the championship a few seasons ago 

Took my Missus to the two home games v Burton in '17 and '18. Her first ever City matches. They parked the bus and both ended 0-0. She hasn't come since...

11 hours ago, Harry said:

I was at a dinner with Clarke Carlisle late last year. He spoke of his time at Northampton when Akinfenwa was his team mate there. 
He said he’s never known a bloke like him - an absolute leader and the best team mate you could wish for.  

Bet he never bullied him.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

I remember being at Wycombe policing with rovers , think last season , both teams came out for the warm up, akinfenwa did a couple of stretches, a quick jog then spent 30 mins chatting to the crowd , really lovely bloke ! Came on for the last 15 mins and threatened to score twice . Deceiving turn of speed ???

35 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I remember being at Wycombe policing with rovers , think last season , both teams came out for the warm up, akinfenwa did a couple of stretches, a quick jog then spent 30 mins chatting to the crowd , really lovely bloke ! Came on for the last 15 mins and threatened to score twice . Deceiving turn of speed ???

Was that the season Rovers thought they’d stayed up, invaded the pitch in celebration, but ended up getting relegated by a team wearing their own kit the next week? 
Or was it the time when the lightning forced the postponement of the game? 
Ha ha, gotta love Wycombe for their superb gas-trolling over the years. 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Was that the season Rovers thought they’d stayed up, invaded the pitch in celebration, but ended up getting relegated by a team wearing their own kit the next week? 
Or was it the time when the lightning forced the postponement of the game? 
Ha ha, gotta love Wycombe for their superb gas-trolling over the years. 

No I think it was last season. 

I was only present at the lightening game , and can definitely say the changing rooms were 2 ft under water at one point !! 

Archived