IGNORED

PLAYER-OF-THE-YEAR & OTHER AWARDS

Blagdon Mike

PLAYER OF THE YEAR & OTHER AWARDS 2019/20 – SUPPORTERS CLUB & TRUST

VOTE NOW ONLINE at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/POY2020_1

ALL supporters are entitled to vote for three awards, deadline Midday Sunday 19th July

You may vote for/nominate ONE person for each award:

1. Player of the Year

2. Young Player of the Year (qualifiers - Jay Dasilva, Filip Benkovic, Pedro Pereira, Joe Wollacott, Han-Noah Massengo, Kasey Palmer)

3. Champagne Moment  (please supply in order – player’s family name, first name, opponent, up to 100 supporting words eg Bloggs, Fred, Hat-trick in must-win game)

The other two awards are:

Supporter of Year (To mark their special contribution this year, the award goes to: Workers in the NHS, Social Care and other Key Services)

Top goal scorer  (Currently Famara Diédhiou)

RESULTS will be in the ROBINS TV livestream leading up to the PNE game on 22nd July.  They will also be in the online programme, which is downloadable.  The player interviews will go online subsequently.

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

My champagne moment is Brownhill v Charlton after Palmer's wonderful assist. I'm not sure if it's valid given the former has left the club!

Normally there is a stand out defining moment. Maybe a few cheap bottles of Brut. But certainly not champagne IMO

That was surprisingly tough. Some players have been good in spells but not consistently and we've had players missing for long chunks of the season through injury. 

Diedhiou for me as POTY and an honourable mention for Jamie Paterson who has been great since his return. 

I went for HNM for YPOTY but Pedro and DaSilva have done no worse than him. 

Diedhiou player of the season 100%

Young player is tough this year but I think Han gets it.

Champagne is hard, the two Brownhill winners against Cardiff and Charlton are up there...but he's left the club so I feel they're a little tainted. Might have to read some match reports and watch some highlights before nominating there.

Supporter of the year? Why not vote Jerry for transforming the SLO role. Or perhaps @petehinton and the gang who delivered lunches in lockdown.

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Diedhiou player of the season 100%

Young player is tough this year but I think Han gets it.

Champagne is hard, the two Brownhill winners against Cardiff and Charlton are up there...but he's left the club so I feel they're a little tainted. Might have to read some match reports and watch some highlights before nominating there.

Supporter of the year? Why not vote Jerry for transforming the SLO role. Or perhaps @petehinton and the gang who delivered lunches in lockdown.

Still going strong!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Supporter of the year, @Olé going to every game, and then giving his twelve grand foundation win to charity, unaware as he was that his gesture was being recorded.

That might even be my champagne moment as well.

This would have been my vote for supporter of the year as well, the vote their going with is very much worthy but think Ole definitely deserves at least a mention with such an incredibly generous act

59 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Right, my nomination for "Champagne moment".

Our second goal from Fulham away. Watch from 4:05. Fam at the heart of it, Han, Brownhill, and even Joe Bryan are involved. Hunty's got a shit lid and it's all bloody delightful.

1. Player of the Year - Nathan Baker.

2. Young Player of the Year (qualifiers - Jay Dasilva, Filip Benkovic, Pedro Pereira, Joe Wollacott, Han-Noah Massengo, Kasey Palmer) - Taylor Moore (1st half of the season).

3. Champagne Moment - Display away at Fulham, per Ajax's post above.

10 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Those options at Young Player of the Year must also factor into why LJ is no longer here.

Its not just on the pitch where he wasn’t getting results, no standout young players this year and none that have come through the academy to make their debuts this season.

I think that's hard to lay at the floor of LJ tbh, more a result of our loan policy and the pressure of the clear aim of play offs, if we'd kept a few academy players around how much football would they have gotten compared to going out on loan? You'd only say Pring would have had a chance with Dasilva's injury. There's probably also good reason the players have gone to the standards they have, that we don't think they're ready for championship football, Zak was sent to Rotherham so if they're ready for that standard but not in our plans we loan to this standard. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Still going strong!

Well done mate. I know it's a nice gesture giving Supporter of the Year to the generic "frontline heroes" but it would be better IMO to have a named individual or smaller group to act as a relatable, singular, representation of that broader group and to whom it could be presented on their behalf. I'm sure you'll be too modest to agree with me.

Similar to the cop-out in 2014/15 of giving POTY to "the whole squad". 

7 hours ago, Smokey said:

My champagne moment happened after the cardiff game.

Exactly what I voted for. I wrote it, decided it was mean, deleted it and rewrote it because it’s my genuine answer. It is without doubt my champagne moment. 

10 hours ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Supporter of Year (To mark their special contribution this year, the award goes to: Workers in the NHS, Social Care and other Key Services)

Out of interest, why was this not a category people could vote on?

As far as I know, none of them are conscripted, they all get paid and whilst they have had a challenging year, it is what they signed up for. So yes, I'm grateful for what they do, put there are many worthy individuals who have or continue to do things in the name of the club that are far more worthy than this wide ranging group.

Suggests a megalomaniacal dictatorship is in control and if people can't be trusted to vote for the organisers choice, you get no choice.

Archived