IGNORED

PLAYER-OF-THE-YEAR & OTHER AWARDS

Blagdon Mike

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Feel like @Olé has been robbed a bit there. 

The guy was given £10k and immediately gave it to charity without thinking, he's also attended every game I believe. 

Of course we appreciate the NHS, that's an absolute given, but they aren't going to even acknowledge it and I know it (even though he probably wouldn't say) would have meant the world to Rob. 

Complete waste IMO. 

Ps, Fammy for POTY

Spot on mate! Well said. 

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Out of interest, why was this not a category people could vote on?

As far as I know, none of them are conscripted, they all get paid and whilst they have had a challenging year, it is what they signed up for. So yes, I'm grateful for what they do, put there are many worthy individuals who have or continue to do things in the name of the club that are far more worthy than this wide ranging group.

Suggests a megalomaniacal dictatorship is in control and if people can't be trusted to vote for the organisers choice, you get no choice.

Couldn’t agree more with this. A supporter is a supporter regardless of their occupation and it’s a travesty in my opinion if the likes of Ole are effectively discriminated against due to occupation. 

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I think that's hard to lay at the floor of LJ tbh, more a result of our loan policy and the pressure of the clear aim of play offs, if we'd kept a few academy players around how much football would they have gotten compared to going out on loan? You'd only say Pring would have had a chance with Dasilva's injury. There's probably also good reason the players have gone to the standards they have, that we don't think they're ready for championship football, Zak was sent to Rotherham so if they're ready for that standard but not in our plans we loan to this standard. 

Walsh and Morrell were out on loan and arguably better than what we already had. I would say they would have got a far bit of game time after Browgull left.

I would've been happier to have been able to vote on my own choice of supporter of the year. Not diminishing the effort of the NHS but I'm sure there are BCFC fans who have worked tirelessly to support people/organisations throughout the year, whether directly effected by CO-Vid or not.

Fam - definitely the player of the year! 

Rob - SotY

Haven't decided on the rest…

• SC&T Board Members
11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Supporter of the year, @Olé going to every game, and then giving his twelve grand foundation win to charity, unaware as he was that his gesture was being recorded.

That might even be my champagne moment as well.

That actually might not be a bad way of recognising the great gesture made by @Olé

11 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

That actually might not be a bad way of recognising the great gesture made by @Olé

And it saves the decision maker for having to acknowledge that 'we may have misread the room, but rather that giving the fans their opportunity to vote a per usual, we have done something else'.

The reality is, if for whatever reason, the organisers want to acknowledge the largest employer in the UK and countless other ancillary groups, they could have just announced a special award. 

Most keyworkers have absolutely nothing to do with City, won't care and won't be remotely appreciative of this autocratic decision. It's like getting a badge from Matt Hancock.

It's almost as if the organisers have made the decision following a think-tank with the club.

I look forward however to the unveiling of 10.6milion signatures on the fans wall in the concourse.

Basically, it's a poor decision and so far, I don't think I have seen a single post that suggests this significant award is being correctly allocated.

POTY - Fam

YPOTY - Massengo, though I’d have picked Moore if that was an option

Champagne moment - Walsh’s free-kick at QPR was out of the very top drawer. I forgot about Brownhill v Charlton and Fam at Fulham. 

POTY - initially thought it was between Bentley / Baker / Fammy. Ended up going for Fammy because of his commitment and work rate.

YPOTY - really difficult decision as none have been really consistent either in appearances or performances. Ended up going for Jay.

Champagne moment - for me it has to be the Brownhill winner against Charlton. Pure euphoria when that went in with Korey Smith going bananas on the commentary. Loved it.

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

Why not just let people decide on all sections? I know it was well meaning but I'd rather decide what I thought were highlights of the season than have it dictated to me. 

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Why not just let people decide on all sections? I know it was well meaning but I'd rather decide what I thought were highlights of the season than have it dictated to me. 

A bottle of Pamagne and 10 million straws for key workers, everything else kept 'in house'.

It's a Bristol City award, not Pride Of Britain.

Out of interest, what is the criteria for young player of the year.

Pretty sure Liam Walsh has made the same number of 1st team appearances as Joe Wollacott has for City this season, he has also however won a League One title, made the team of the year, scored a worldy AND scored against the Gas.

14 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Those options at Young Player of the Year must also factor into why LJ is no longer here.

Its not just on the pitch where he wasn’t getting results, no standout young players this year and none that have come through the academy to make their debuts this season.

and the fact you could make a half decent case for Palmer to win it, despite being banished for about 9 months. Performance away at Derby, pass for Brownhill against Charlton, performance and assist at Brum, performance and goal against Boro....

15 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Those options at Young Player of the Year must also factor into why LJ is no longer here.

Its not just on the pitch where he wasn’t getting results, no standout young players this year and none that have come through the academy to make their debuts this season.

Indeed. The nominations are someone who has been injured and taken a while to consistently regain form, a loan defender only just getting a chance, a loan player who has been in and out the team, a 'keeper who has been on the bench, a midfielder who has been promising but inconsistent and a midfielder who has been left out the team.

I'll go for the latter but I'd rather vote for the player who impressed early this season but got sent on loan in January but, even then, we're stretching the definition compared to previous years. 

I went for Eliasson, didn’t fit in our team and the way we wanted to play at all, but forced his way in and was one of the most creative in the league despite not playing all that much. 

Would have voted for Walsh for YPOTS if possible, certainly has been the best young player on our books this season.

Archived