IGNORED

If we go 1 - 0 up on Wednesday

lost black rat

• The title was changed to If we go 1 - 0 up on Wednesday

I think Holden has set the team up to go for it, something LJ talked about but never really did. With that in mind I think they will just keep pressing for goals.

We have a goal scorer who wants to add to his tally and a midfield player in some of the best form, and an apparent eagerness to shoot that was missing before.

pts                     gd

cardiff          64                        +4           Derby        Middlesbough      Hull

swans            63                       +5           Forest       City                        Reading

pne               62                         +4          Brentford  Brum                      City

millwall         62                         +3         Blackburn    Qpr               Huddersfield

w r d c           61                          -1         Cardiff         Leeds           Brum`

city               61                          -4         Stoke           Swans          PNE

19 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Last time I remember seeing a team do that was Liverpool v Palace when they were 3-0 up, we all know what happened next!

We did it against Sunderland when he brought on Diony at 3-0 up (well, if it wasn’t to boost GD, it was to boost Diony’s confidence).

Maybe... If Cardiff win tonight I think City have no choice but to just throw the kitchen sink v Stoke and hope for a 5-0!

Chances are that Cardiff will win at least one from their last two games so GD would be very likely necessary if they beat Derby.

I don't see the issue with GD we need to win all 3 games so GD I would imagine is going to end up around 0 and we need the other to lose games so they will also end up with around a 0 GD. Obviously all depends on scores but I cant imagine we will win all by 1 goal and they lose all by 1 goals  

46 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I don't see the issue with GD we need to win all 3 games so GD I would imagine is going to end up around 0 and we need the other to lose games so they will also end up with around a 0 GD. Obviously all depends on scores but I cant imagine we will win all by 1 goal and they lose all by 1 goals  

No, the others would need a hammering for it to come down to goal difference.  If they lose all three games to bring the GD down to zero then it'll come down to points for us, not goal difference.

Just win the last three games and leave others to their results. Don’t worry about goal difference - keep winning and it will improve anyway. If it comes down to goal difference, it won’t have been the last 5 games that undid the season. 

Looking at the fixtures, you would suggest that Cardiff will get more than 4 points from their last 3 games, but there are also a lot of teams vying for 6th, who are playing each other, so there could still be 5 or more teams in the mix come the final game.

Win our games and see what happens.

If we do that we are above Swans and PNE whatever. Millwall we then cannot tie on gd as they cannot get 8 points from three games. They either win their last three or they don’t.

If we win our three, then the only teams we can even mathematically tie with are Cardiff or Derby, and that assumes Derby win at Leeds. 

Key game has to be Cardiff v Derby for me. If Cardiff win that it is pretty much over. If it is a draw neither team can finish on exactly 70 points anyway. Derby you would think have to play for the win.

In short, even if we win our three, it is very unlikely we will end up losing out on gd. Most likely would be to Cardiff. The late defeat to them just seemed to be confirmation rather than important at the time!

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

No, the others would need a hammering for it to come down to goal difference.  If they lose all three games to bring the GD down to zero then it'll come down to points for us, not goal difference.

Slow moment on my behalf. I was thinking cardiff only on plus 4 so lose all 3 and would be about 0 or less but then GD wouldn't come into it anyway 

4 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Slow moment on my behalf. I was thinking cardiff only on plus 4 so lose all 3 and would be about 0 or less but then GD wouldn't come into it anyway 

I did exactly the same and stopped myself from posting something very similar when it dawned on me.

Archived