IGNORED

Delaying the appointment?

ollywhyte

Does anyone think we will delay this appointment until our play-off ambitions are completely dead? 

A Cardiff win tonight and dropped points v Stoke tomorrow and the new manager appointment will be escalated?  

There may be a genuine concern that a new appointment on the back of a couple wins may unsettle the team as a new manager will understandably look to make his mark and change the style.

Could our new man be all but in place but watching from afar?

Just a thought! 

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Does anyone think we will delay this appointment until our play-off ambitions are completely dead? 

A Cardiff win tonight and dropped points v Stoke tomorrow and the new manager appointment will be escalated?  

There may be a genuine concern that a new appointment on the back of a couple wins may unsettle the team as a new manager will understandably look to make his mark and change the style.

Just a thought! 

Hopefully taking there time to make sure we get the right person.

It crossed my mind as a possibility. Why would you disrupt this little bit of momentum while there's still that outside chance of success. 

But there's also the chance, as suggested by Gregorface, that we're waiting to see if any new candidates become available toward the end of the season.

I consider myself quite an impatient person, but it's only been 10 days since LJ got sacked! 

I'd like to think we're taking enough time to properly do our due diligence on the options, but not take so long that we end up fighting with all the other Championship clubs who will no doubt be looking for new managers in a couple weeks.

39 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Just a thought! 

I was thinking along the same lines. The players are keen to impress any new Manager and once the new Manager has been confirmed it may unsettle things. This is the most settled I’ve seen the team this season.

I don’t see a new manager/head coach being brought in until our play off chances are over. However if we did make the playoffs, I can see the sense in getting the new person involved at that point, in combination with Holden and McAllister.

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

Personally i dont think they will be very far in the process.

Think they will probably aim for an appointment in a few weeks, when we have concluded our season.

Season ends week tomorrow if no play offs, I honestly wouldn't be surprised at an appointment Thursday next week.

Don’t delay. Act.

Holden and the team has been brilliant. Having said that, it didn’t need a genius to put right the major wrongs.

A new manager could work either way for this Season, most likely a further boost as players try to prove themselves. If that didn’t happen, so be it. We need to be fully prepared for a real push next Season. The new manager needs as much time as possible to get his plans together, as their are major fault lines both within the squad and the Club’s strategy that need to be addressed . 

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Could the new appointment currently be in a job and waiting for the season to finish?

No need to bring in anyone with so few games to go, no reason to rock the boat so close to the end of the season.

I'm wondering if we've approached someone but just waiting for Thursday next week and season over if no plays offs, allow them to assess from afar for the last week of the season while sorting details of finding somewhere to live down here etc, can get footage of all games to go over themselves and they wouldn't see much in training at this stage, for example after tomorrow you'd have recovery day Thursday, pre-match day Friday, game day, day off or recovery sunday, training/or recovery monday, pre-match tuesday. At most you'd only really have one proper days training with the squad at the moment, is that worth disrupting the squad being 2 for 2 under Holden?

1 hour ago, PolskRed said:

Hopefully taking there time to make sure we get the right person.

Cynical fans might argue that they are taking their time to make it look like we are sure we get the right person! :whistle: 

It’s like Mrs Isewater on market day, she gets up early to be one of the first there. 
She then does a tour of the stalls to see what’s available.

She selects a few stalls, tests the fruit and veg before realising that everybody else has served themselves and all that’s left is a few dry lettuce and some mouldy potatoes, is that what you want Mr Lansdown ? 

A dry lettuce as head coach with Mr Mouldy potato head as his assistant ? 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Could the new appointment currently be in a job and waiting for the season to finish?

No need to bring in anyone with so few games to go, no reason to rock the boat so close to the end of the season.

This!

Eddie Howe in particular. I think they will be relegated in the next week and then would be the time to make a move... i think he will leave Bournemouth anyways.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s like Mrs Isewater on market day, she gets up early to be one of the first there. 
She then does a tour of the stalls to see what’s available.

She selects a few stalls, tests the fruit and veg before realising that everybody else has served themselves and all that’s left is a few dry lettuce and some mouldy potatoes, is that what you want Mr Lansdown ? 

More importantly, are you happy with dry lettuce and mouldy potatoes for dinner every market day?

As for SL. He would never settle for dry lettuce Kos he's a billionaire. Similarly he wouldn't accept mouldy potatoes as what he Desirees he gets.

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Just a thought! 

They could have it all agreed in principle just not public knowledge. I wouldn't think they'd delay the actual appointment unless they have their eye on someone else depending what level we're at? e.g. (huge) IF we made it into the playoffs or even went up, would Chris Hughton still be our preferred option? Or would we then be able to attract bigger names and we'd re-assess our options - especially as many are sceptical of CH's abilities in the Prem

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Just a thought! 

DH  Has it under control for now. The board will not make decision for another two weeks. Especially if we win against Stoke tomorrow,

Archived