IGNORED

Delaying the appointment?

ollywhyte

31 minutes ago, downendcity said:

More importantly, are you happy with dry lettuce and mouldy potatoes for dinner every market day?

As for SL. He would never settle for dry lettuce Kos he's a billionaire. Similarly he wouldn't accept mouldy potatoes as what he Desirees he gets.

Your speculation over SL's diet is just the tip of the iceberg

59 minutes ago, QuedgeRed said:

Is it just me, but while we’re still in with an outside chance, get ‘em in NOW.

Yes,,,, why would we not get hughton in now if we believe he is the best man for the job??

If we held off cause deano is doing a good job, then how could we have faith that the new man is the best man for us?!

16 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

To late the top mangers will be gone.Get on with it.

14 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I disagree, the better ones are still in jobs and will want to finish the season.

It's a simple, straightforward job this replacing a manager/head coach. :) 

48 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I have to admit, I'd be flabbergasted if it isn't CH.

Wouldn't be shocked to hear it's pretty much already a done deal, with us just letting DH just get on with it for now and see where it takes us.

I mean, that's what I am convincing myself on.

Surely if they had one man in mind, it would be done by now? I think the signs are that they have a shortlist and have just started the interviews.

I hoped that any new appointment could use the 5 (at the time) remaining games to assess the players at his disposal, given the short off season.

Then it dawned on me, any potential recruit would probably be doing that anyway, possibly in an unofficial way but, given the standing of say CH, I would have thought he would be doing his homework now.

I remember a good few years ago, SOD was sat in front of me in the Dolman, scribbling away furiously, 2 weeks later he was our Manager.

Maybe assessing the squad is a prerequisite expected at any interview / meeting? 

With 3 games to go there is little benefit in changing the coach. Saying that its the perfect time to unveil the new man who could sit alongside SL and the others assessing his future players. Also go watch them train, see what's needed in terms of recruitment whether a different coaching regime would benefit the squad.

Mark Ashton has publicly stated the club have recruitment plans in place for various situations and I'd hope changing the coach/manager is one of those situations. If it is we've no doubt already got a list of ideal candidates and have a good idea of who we want.

This could be a defining point in the clubs future and with the new season just around the corner the new man should be given as much time to assess the aquas as possible.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

This!

Eddie Howe in particular. I think they will be relegated in the next week and then would be the time to make a move... i think he will leave Bournemouth anyways.

He’s left Bournemouth once, didn’t like it and went back fairly quickly. So I’m not sure if he would be a good idea anyway!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

More importantly, are you happy with dry lettuce and mouldy potatoes for dinner every market day?

As for SL. He would never settle for dry lettuce Kos he's a billionaire. Similarly he wouldn't accept mouldy potatoes as what he Desirees he gets.

Mrs Isewater is French and what she can’t do with a dry lettuce and a moudly potato is no odds to anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

He’s left Bournemouth once, didn’t like it and went back fairly quickly. So I’m not sure if he would be a good idea anyway!

That was a move to up north and a total different setup.

We are local ish.... and with a setup suited to him.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would we appoint someone now if the likes of Eddie Howe, Dean Smith and Farke might be available in a few weeks time?  All good candidates surely 

All good candidates but all on the backs of a failed, tough season of struggle. Would they be able to shrug off all that negative baggage in such a short space of time to light up a promotion push ? 

Winning the last two matches has been unhelpful in respect of making an appointment.

SL said part of the reason LJ was sacked was because the chance of making the play-offs had gone. Now it's back on the table, and if Cardiff slip up tonight and we win tomorrow, the chance of the unthinkable happening increases. Worst case, we'd be two points off 6th place with two games to play and both games would be massive six-pointers.

I think it makes an appointment unlikely until this season is resolved. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Winning the last two matches has been unhelpful in respect of making an appointment.

SL said part of the reason LJ was sacked was because the chance of making the play-offs had gone. Now it's back on the table, and if Cardiff slip up tonight and we win tomorrow, the chance of the unthinkable happening increases. Worst case, we'd be two points off 6th place with two games to play and both games would be massive six-pointers.

Because you think they don’t want to rock the boat whilst we still have a chance Kid, or because you think there’s a chance they’ll give it to DH if we get to the play offs ( I’m thinking the former but interested on your take). 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I dont know if this is inside knowledge, but i thought this would be the case anyway..

You say its unhelpful, but then it actually buys the club a bit more time.

It's only been 10 days since Johnson went. Appointments have been quicker but I certainly don't feel it is taking ages

I think it unlikely anyone would take charge before the end of the season in any case - things are working well on the pitch and I don't see a massive reason for disruption or upheaval. Even if a new boss was appointed today. I imagine the pragmatic thing would be for them to observe what is working (and what isn't) over the next few games and start to implement their ideas from the end of the season. 

My feeling is it was always likely to take two or three weeks to appoint someone so I don't so much think it is being delayed but simply not being hurried. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Because you think they don’t want to rock the boat whilst we still have a chance Kid, or because you think there’s a chance they’ll give it to DH if we get to the play offs ( I’m thinking the former but interested on your take). 

No, I don't think Holden is in the frame. I don't think they'll want to rock the boat and plunge the new man in with so little of the season left.

I also don't think they're sat around twiddling their thumbs either. I think we are well into the recruitment process with some interviews having already been conducted, and as long as both parties are happy to wait there could easily be an understanding that the new man signs the contract and is announced once we know for definite which division we'll be playing in next season. This brings a small element of risk of course but probably on balance one worth taking. 

31 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Mrs Isewater is French and what she can’t do with a dry lettuce and a moudly potato is no odds to anyone. 

A cucumber and a jar of mayonnaise is a whole new ball game! :shocking:

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

If you were going to appoint Michael Appleton, wouldn't you delay telling anyone?

I'd deal telling everyone until he's been in the job for a season or two.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, I don't think Holden is in the frame. I don't think they'll want to rock the boat and plunge the new man in with so little of the season left.

I also don't think they're sat around twiddling their thumbs either. I think we are well into the recruitment process with some interviews having already been conducted, and as long as both parties are happy to wait there could easily be an understanding that the new man signs the contract and is announced once we know for definite which division we'll be playing in next season. This brings a small element of risk of course but probably on balance one worth taking. 

Tend to agree. I think the decision has already been made regarding the new guy.

Welcome Chris

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So you’d replace the man who had won five in a row for a brand new manager ? I wouldn’t 

If the new man couldn’t take on board what has happened with Dean in charge and apply it to the play offs, then he wouldn’t be worth having in the first place!!

1 hour ago, QuedgeRed said:

If the new man couldn’t take on board what has happened with Dean in charge and apply it to the play offs, then he wouldn’t be worth having in the first place!!

Maybe but I think the key thing is to bear in mind we want a manager who can do it over a number of seasons, not 3 games. There are plenty of managers who don't get it right in their first three games but go on to do well and I think it is a massive ask for any manager to get the most out of players he has not previously met and not previously worked with for 3 crucial games is a needlessly high stakes gamble.

(That said, I also don't think we will make the play-offs as I think there will be at least one team that sets us an assailable target)

Archived