IGNORED

Tonight’s games

Dr Balls

So what results do we want from tonight’s games? Here goes with my preferences:

Cardiff v WR’s Derby County - draw; obviously helps us

Millwall v Blackburn - draw; also helps us

Wigan v Hull - Wigan win; try to avoid administration relegation

West Brom v Fulham - Fulham win; Push Brentford for automatics, as wouldn’t want to face them in the playoffs

Reading v Middlesbrough - Reading win; Keep up Reading’s form before playing some of our playoff rivals, plus it’s against Warnock!

Luton v QPR - don’t care

Sheff Wed v Huddersfield - don’t care

Think the pivotal game out of all the rest left is Cardiff v Derby. If Cardiff win that you would think any residual hopes we have are over whatever.

It would need just about everything going our way now, but would be delighted if Cardiff and Millwall don’t win. Simple as that.

A Cardiff win tonight would all but get them there I think. But a Derby win isn't great either. So a draw?

Millwall v Blackburn probably a draw as well as both have winnable last 2 games.

Don't really mind about the rest as they don't directly affect us. However I would like to see a proper relegation scrap on the final day so Luton winning would make it very interesting down at the bottom. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

A Cardiff win tonight would all but get them there I think. But a Derby win isn't great either. So a draw?

Millwall v Blackburn probably a draw as well as both have winnable last 2 games.

Don't really mind about the rest as they don't directly affect us. However I would like to see a proper relegation scrap on the final day so Luton winning would make it very interesting down at the bottom. 

Much much rather take a Derby win over a Cardiff one. Derby have Leeds next. Anything can happen but they would not expect to win that. If Blackburn go above us we are screwed anyway, so again anything but a Millwall win.

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

QPR win.

Don't want to go to that shitty Luton "stadium" ever again !

Huddersfield win.

For the reason above.

To be fair to Luton, it may be a hole of a place and the ground is awful, but the club is now well run, and they have managed to come back from going out of the League a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Much much rather take a Derby win over a Cardiff one. Derby have Leeds next. Anything can happen but they would not expect to win that. If Blackburn go above us we are screwed anyway, so again anything but a Millwall win.

I don't think a Derby win is that bad tbh. One thing that can't happen is a Cardiff win.

Derby win or draw.

Millwall vs Blackburn, draw.

Wigan win

Fulham win, hoping WBA drop into the playoffs final day and Brentford go up automatically. The mental effect of missing out on autos could hinder WBA.

Reading vs Boro. Don't care, maybe Boro win as I got over £100 coming still if Hull go down.

Luton vs QPR, don't care.

Wednesday vs Huddersfield don't care.

I'd prefer both Derby and Blackburn winning tonight.

We pretty much need to win all three to get top 6 anyway and Blackburn are below us on points. Derby still have to play Leeds so hoping they will drop points in that one.

18 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

The derby v Cardiff game is Talksport TWO'S commentary game also available on the internet although a bit slower

For those in the Bristol aerial, its available on 103:9fm and wil be faster than listening on the internet

That's good NTTDS, iv got a decent area on my portable radio so should be able to pick it up.!!!!

Perfect results for us tonight are a Cardiff-Derby draw and Millwall not winning. Then (assuming we win all our games, of course!) we only need Cardifff to slip up once.

These two results would really open the door for us. However, how would the players deal with the pressure? As Holden said I think, in the last two games the team have been playing without any pressure, as the season seemed over. How many times have we we buckled under the pressure in the last few seasons?

Just now, ollywhyte said:

People keep mentioning Cardiff’s easy games after but can anyone really bet against Warnock taking something off his old side on the weekend? I’m convinced he will!

In fact if they lose tonight (feasible) then a draw with Boro would allow us to leapfrog them on the weekend. It’s nowhere near over yet, we are really good outsider value at 40/1

These sort of threads should be banned. All the posts about “if this happens” etc gives me hope. I don’t want hope as all I’ll end up with is reality and disappointment 

Personally think the only hope we have is if Cardiff lose tonight. A draw for them sees us out of it really. 
They are certainly primed to win their last 2, so I think they definitely get to 70 points. If they draw tonight then we can’t catch them. 
We need to win all 3, and we’ll end up level on 70, whilst trying to turn around an 8 goal swing. 
Highly unlikely. But only a Cardiff loss tonight will keep us realistically in it. 

15 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Wigan 1 up in the first minute. Good on them, with a 10 point deduction as it stands they would not be the relegation zone 

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They face a 12 point deduction 

So, in 21st on goal difference.  Cat amongst the proverbial pigeons as it stands.

Archived