IGNORED

Clive Tyldesley

Super

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I wonder if their stance is losing custom or reducing the numbers leaving them in droves ?

It will be a long term thing  I think. It's worrying, because it makes people more aware of what they're doing and causing divisions. 

Just get pundits and commentators on who are there on merit and not who they are!!!!

Just now, 2015 said:

It will be a long term thing  I think. It's worrying, because it makes people more aware of what they're doing and causing divisions. 

Just get pundits and commentators on who are there on merit and not who they are!!!!

Won't happen though because "inclusion" is how they are all going.

Plenty of male bellend pundits i'd love to see the back of mind and wonder why they are still in place.

Just now, Natchfever said:

Won't happen though because "inclusion" is how they are all going.

Plenty of male bellend pundits i'd love to see the back of mind and wonder why they are still in place.

It is the self righteousness of it all that bugs me the most. Look at us, we're inclusional etc etc. I don't actually care if you are or aren't, like Brian Clough said show us some more bloody Football, it's sickening.
These include the likes of Gary Lineker and Ian Wright on BBC who constantly crave likes and media attention 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yes Gary Neville. Awful 

Ooooooooooooooooooh 

Just now, Lew-T said:

Andy Hinchcliff is by far the worst on Sky.

Just want to slap his square face.

Could add other Football League pundits like Lee Hendrie, Gary Birtles, Keith Andrews, Matt Murray, Gary O'Neil on that. All terrible and do not hide their neutrality.
Quest's highlights show has more knowledgeable pundits, quite like Sam Parkin on there to be honest.

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Could add other Football League pundits like Lee Hendrie, Gary Birtles, Keith Andrews, Matt Murray, Gary O'Neil on that. All terrible and do not hide their neutrality.
Quest's highlights show has more knowledgeable pundits, quite like Sam Parkin on there to be honest.

I don’t mind Lee Hendrie, apart from his accent. Keith Andrews is up there with Hinchcliffe though, clueless.

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I do think a pundit should be qualified by virtue of experience of the match they are speaking about. That should be backed by an ability to speak informatively so discounts a shedload of incumbents doesn't it. I would no more want Alex Scott or Clinton Morrison speaking about a Champions league final than Graham Souness or Patrice Evra mulling over a League One playoff.

Just now, Natchfever said:

I do think a pundit should be qualified by virtue of experience of the match they are speaking about. That should be backed by an ability to speak informatively so discounts a shedload of incumbents doesn't it. I would no more want Alex Scott or Clinton Morrison speaking about a Champions league final than Graham Souness or Patrice Evra mulling over a League One playoff.

That is exactly how it should be, I don't have a problem with anyone being a pundit as long as they are informative and have the relevant experience themselves. Roy Keane, Souness and Evra are a good combo for Sky for sure. All been there and done it in some way or another. 
I feel it is a slap in the face to every black person or female for them to just be put on a programme due to what they are, everything should be on merit and not down to a persons appearance.

11 minutes ago, 2015 said:

That is exactly how it should be, I don't have a problem with anyone being a pundit as long as they are informative and have the relevant experience themselves. Roy Keane, Souness and Evra are a good combo for Sky for sure. All been there and done it in some way or another. 
I feel it is a slap in the face to every black person or female for them to just be put on a programme due to what they are, everything should be on merit and not down to a persons appearance.

I think the punditry debate is more about women, who to be fair, if they had set along such a career, would probably consider it their due.

I disagree , but back to commentators, if the powers that be could recruit people who didn't have irritating voices or bombard you with irrelevant facts I couldn't care less about gender.

As an aside, I seem to recall early Jonathan Pearce performances where he was trying to be Latin American when a goal was scored and it was cringeworthy..

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

As an aside, I seem to recall early Jonathan Pearce performances where he was trying to be Latin American when a goal was scored and it was cringeworthy..

Now that is one 'celebrity' City fan I am ashamed to admit supports us

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

Commentary can make the whole experience so much better. 

Favourite commentator is Andrew Cotter. Whenever the rugby autumn Internationals are on and you hear his voice, you know Christmas is coming and you're in store for watching some great sport over the next few weeks. 

?

38 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Bring back Roger Malone. Superb!!!!

Ah!    Those Sunday afternoon Soccer Specials were always embellished with a couple of choruses of "We all agree Roger Malone is a Tankard"?....Just loud enough on the Mics for us all to nod in agreement.  Rog was a truly awful commentator, there. ?  As in  "That was a great ball from Gow, there"

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Ah!    Those Sunday afternoon Soccer Specials were always embellished with a couple of choruses of "We all agree Roger Malone is a Tankard"?....Just loud enough on the Mics for us all to nod in agreement.  Rog was a truly awful commentator, there. ?

Ronnie Bird lets rip and the goalie never even smelt it.

Did he really say that ?

These equality initiatives just create greater divisions. You just see people who have been put on TV because of their gender or skin colour and the immediate thoughts are ‘tokenism’ and ‘quotas’. It doesn’t do the person or the cause any good, quite the opposite.

Just appoint on the basis of competence. 

Be livid if I’d been ‘sacked’ or contract not renewed because I was a white male to be replaced by someone less able just because of a quota. Think SpringWatch/Martin Hughes-Games.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Whether you like his commentary or not, I have to say he seems like an absolute lovely bloke.

Clearly I don’t know the guy but I go the other way with this, I think it’s a hugely bizarre couple of minutes which does him no favours.

He starts by making clear he won’t be commenting on the matter, comments on the matter for 2 minutes, then ends by saying he won’t be commenting on the matter. He’s openly criticising/questioning his employers but makes clear that he isn’t actually criticising/questioning them..

Nothing personal but not a huge fan of his commentary. All feels a bit self centred. I’m not sure what he was trying to achieve, whatever it was he’ll probably tell you it wasn’t.

37 minutes ago, S_C said:

Clearly I don’t know the guy but I go the other way with this, I think it’s a hugely bizarre couple of minutes which does him no favours.

He starts by making clear he won’t be commenting on the matter, comments on the matter for 2 minutes, then ends by saying he won’t be commenting on the matter. He’s openly criticising/questioning his employers but makes clear that he isn’t actually criticising/questioning them..

100%, I thought it was an absolutely bizarre statement, openly slagging off his employer whilst saying that he’ll be carrying on in their employ....wouldn’t be so sure about that Clive! 

Some things shouldn’t be aired in public - certainly not until a severing of ties! Very odd. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Whether you like his commentary or not, I have to say he seems like an absolute lovely bloke.

only just catching up with this. 

Very odd and awkward interview. I hope that he's not struggling mentally, Very odd behaviour 

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

What's the Irish guy on lots at the moment, I swear I've never heard he have a good thing to say about us

That’ll be Keith Andrews.

Doesn’t have a good thing to say about anybody. 

Watching the boro game without commentary reminded me how much better the premier league on Amazon was when they did a no commentary option at Christmas. I hoped other broadcasters might do it but even Amazon haven’t done it this time so I guess I’m in a minority. 

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Barry Davies was decent and who remembers Gerald Sinstad when Star Soccer was on Sunday afternoons 

Was Gerald Sinstadt not involved in a sex scandal?

Sorry being lazy, just looked it up, yes he was. Sex act in a cinema, 26 years ago when he was 64. Still involved in Stoke on Trent local football at 90!!!!

I must be the only one who actually likes Sam Matterface then. 
His Talksport commentaries are very good. 

Plus, whenever I hear his name, I always get this image of him sucking on Natalie Sawyer’s mountainous norks.

So, yes, I like Sam. Go on son!! 

Archived