IGNORED

Anyone else found it hard?

Matthew me

When trying to pick a player of the season, I just couldn't pick anyone that stood out. It's the first time in many seasons that I've not had an obvious choice....

If LJ had given Eliason a fair crack... Perhaps.

If any of our team can honestly say they've had a great season I'd be surprised. It's amazing we've still got a chance of 6th spot despite the entire squad being average it slightly above ( considering the vast potential )

I’m finding it hard to pick a POTY, there’s no standout this season.  Bentley at one stage looked good, Fam has had good stints, but at times wasn’t in the side.  Baker has been good, but then poor at others.

In my mind it’s between those 3, but it’s not clear cut.

I do think this is our first season in a while where it’s not been obvious (Webster, Tammy, Bobby givens in the past). 

I went Bentley, poor mini game streak aside he’s been excellent, especially for his first year. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’m finding it hard to pick a POTY, there’s no standout this season.  Bentley at one stage looked good, Fam has had good stints, but at times wasn’t in the side.  Baker has been good, but then poor at others.

It's Fam.

My notable commendations go to Brownhill and Paterson who have both had very good half seasons with us. Likewise Mr Eliasson.

Bentley has only looked so good because of the number of shots he's faced. A few spectacular saves covering up a fairly average season overall. Baker is very solid but too often (literally) goes missing due to injury or suspension.

One man has consistently delivered when called upon, even from the bench. The bloke even managed an international hat-trick and a goal against Brazil. Plus I voted Fam to hopefully give the bloke some recognition of the past three years with us, constantly overshadowed, at times derided by fans, seemingly always up for replacement under LJ, but still slamming in one goal every three games like a big Senegalese metronome.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's Fam.

My notable commendations go to Brownhill and Paterson who have both had very good half seasons with us. Likewise Mr Eliasson.

Bentley has only looked so good because of the number of shots he's faced. A few spectacular saves covering up a fairly average season overall. Baker is very solid but too often (literally) goes missing due to injury or suspension.

One man has consistently delivered when called upon, even from the bench. The bloke even managed an international hat-trick and a goal against Brazil. Plus I voted Fam to hopefully give the bloke some recognition of the past three years with us, constantly overshadowed, at times derided by fans, seemingly always up for replacement under LJ, but still slamming in one goal every three games like a big Senegalese metronome.

I like your rationale ??

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Early season, I thought Nagy was great.

Unfortunately, the second half then started...

Couldn’t look further than Fam. He’s got better and better as his time here has gone on and has been class at both ends in a team playing dire football all season. 

Speaking of Pato, read earlier that he’s averaged an assist or goal more frequently than Benrahma in 2020. Mad stat. 

I voted Eliasson, Pereira currently has the most assists in the league 2 more than Nic but assists per 90 Pereira's is 0.35 and Eliasson 0.47. In terms of minutes played its MP 3340, Eliasson 2128, 2 less assists in 1212 less minutes. If we had someone up around the top scorer level they'd be a shoe in for it.

I went for Eliasson although I agree it was very slim pickings this season, if Brownhill was an option I would have went for him.

It's been such a non eventful season in terms of individual and team performances if they hadn't bothered even with the vote I doubt anyone would have even noticed.

Archived