IGNORED

Anyone else found it hard?

Matthew me

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like your rationale ??

Just been thinking. We signed Fam in the summer of 2017. Tammy had been our leading striker the season prior and we were about to discover that Bobby Reid could also play up front.

Since then, how many strikers have we seen come and go (or stay)? Asking you as I know you keep tabs on signings, when they signed etc. Off the top of my head I'd say its: Djuric, Engvall, Reid, Diony, Afobe, Wells, Weimann, Rodri, Semenyo, Taylor...any more? So at least 10 other strikers over three seasons that Fam has been asked to play alongside, or warm the bench for.  He's done it every time. Even after all of those have either joined, left, or joined and left, he's still fought his way back into the starting XI and is still scoring goals at the same rate he always has done. 

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just been thinking. We signed Fam in the summer of 2017. Tammy had been our leading striker the season prior and we were about to discover that Bobby Reid could also play up front.

Since then, how many strikers have we seen come and go (or stay)? Asking you as I know you keep tabs on signings, when they signed etc. Off the top of my head I'd say its: Djuric, Engvall, Reid, Diony, Afobe, Wells, Weimann, Rodri, Semenyo, Taylor...any more? So at least 10 other strikers over three seasons that Fam has been asked to play alongside, or warm the bench for.  He's done it every time. Even after all of those have either joined, left, or joined and left, he's still fought his way back into the starting XI and is still scoring goals at the same rate he always has done. 

Woodrow (loan), Hinds, Eisa

• Admin
3 hours ago, Matthew me said:

When trying to pick a player of the season, I just couldn't pick anyone that stood out. It's the first time in many seasons that I've not had an obvious choice....

If LJ had given Eliason a fair crack... Perhaps.

If any of our team can honestly say they've had a great season I'd be surprised. It's amazing we've still got a chance of 6th spot despite the entire squad being average it slightly above ( considering the vast potential )

Do you collect Goalkeeper socks? 

You have a similar posting style to someone once on here

Famara.

In all honesty he has been my player of the last few seasons. Yes, he's not perfect, but from being isolated up top with no service to his running up and down the pitch to perform defensive duties, and all this while being constantly criticised for not scoring 20 plus every season, not to mention his demonstrable love for the club and his permanent smile and positive attitude even when dropped, makes him possibly my favourite player for the club in a very long time.

I hope he stays. If he doesn't, his detractors will come to appreciate him too late.

Archived