IGNORED

Bristol City v Stoke City - Matchday 44

Playoffs were never realistic. 7 points from 9 against sides with something to play for. I am not down about today. Another good shift from them. 

But....now we don’t have to pretend to say we can make playoffs the new man needs to be in tomorrow. 2 games to assess the squad plus pre season. Need someone to get to work

Just now, Carey 6 said:

I don’t have a clue why we didn’t use all 5 subs either. 

These players have played 3 games in a week & he still doesn’t use all the subs when a few looked absolutely knackered 

I don’t think holden has used all 5 in any game yet since he took over, you could see how much we were flagging towards the end there because of it

Prime Pato. Fantastic one or two games. Then non-existent.

Thereby lumping anything decent in the midfield coming through Korey.

Both need to go my opinion. The former due to his shocking inconsistency, they latter due to the fact I cannot see us risking a new contract with his injury record, plus it's Korey's last chance for a decent length contract elsewhere.

Begging for Nagy to come on for the last 20 minutes.

Just now, Carey 6 said:

These players have played 3 games in a week & he still doesn’t use all the subs when a few looked absolutely knackered 

Done well in the last two games, but it's expected as it's LJ's team, hopefully all will be gone by the end of the season!

Just now, JonDolman said:

I thought Korey was class again today! So composed, so sharp. He changes direction on the ball so quickly and his passing seems to be getting better, though he was never a bad passer of the ball. 

I think I would keep him on now. If we don't then see who will be after him!

I paid a lot of attention to Korey today, a lot more than I usually would, he got on the ball pretty often but rarely was there much movement in front of him. 

Early in the first half Benkovic also seemed to get frustrated with Hunt not showing for the ball. Happened again later on in the half as well & the commentators remarked about there not being too much movement off the ball for him.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Korey was class again today! So composed, so sharp. He changes direction on the ball so quickly and his passing seems to be getting better, though he was never a bad passer of the ball. 

Agreed. Good , solid squad player at the very least. 

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

You can see why he went with an unchanged side, something we've been asking for TBF. However it was clear early on in the 2nd half that we were tiring pretty badly. Hindsight is twenty twenty and maybe he should have freshened it up earlier. I for one would like to thank Deano for giving us a glimmer of what our team can do. Now it's up to SL to show us what he has in mind for next season. Please don't keep us waiting too long

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep agree. We need players that always want the ball.

Pato does to be fair I think, but Weimann just makes runs all the time. 

People will say that's a good thing, but imo it really isn't, especially when playing in the position that links midfield to attack.

We had so little in the attacking midfield positions today. Weimann doing what I say, but Wells linking so poorly, not his game really.

Fam and Wells looking a poor partnership and Pato looked so weak and tired.

It's weird with Pato isn't it, it's almost as if he is underweight and not got enough reserves. 

STOP MOANING! Unbeaten in three 7 points to the good, and we are safe, let's face it we are not ready for the Prem, or even the play offs. If we can appoint the right manager and tweak the squad, we can give it a good go next season. For me it's  all about the Bees and Baggies now,  Oh! and Wigan too.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep agree. We need players that always want the ball.

Pato does to be fair I think, but Weimann just makes runs all the time. 

People will say that's a good thing, but imo it really isn't, especially when playing in the position that links midfield to attack.

We had so little in the attacking midfield positions today. Weimann doing what I say, but Wells linking so poorly, not his game really.

Fam and Wells looking a poor partnership and Pato looked so weak and tired.

Which is why it was glaringly obvious we were crying out for Adam. One thing he does do is want the ball.

1 minute ago, GlastonburyRed said:

It's weird with Pato isn't it, it's almost as if he is underweight and not got enough reserves. 

He did have that relatively serious illness a couple years ago. Not sure he’s ever been quite so consistently good since. Just speculating though. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Difference of view then Jon.

My issue with Korey is that when he plays instinctual, under pressure,  he moves the ball quicker. We need to be moving the ball with that kind of urgency and pace much more often imho. He dawdles on the ball way too often for my liking.

When he actually has time. He can be a complete liability. Hands waving like an F1 Marshall swatting a yellow flag around. Very rarely tries a risky pass, and flat out sucks at carrying the ball. One time he did was the fantastic ball to Diedhiou on the 1v1 when he actually picked his head up. He overthinks it.

I'm probably being harsh as he had to do 2 players work. Pato may as well have stayed at home today, complete liability and cheap in possession didnt help Korey whatsoever.

Archived