IGNORED

Holden missed a trick today?

Lez

You could argue hindset, and stoke clearly had a good solid structure to them which made them hard to break down......but surely everyone could see an equaliser coming and that Holden needed some fresh legs on the pitch.

Unchanged side 3rd game in a row, after playing wed sat wed.....and the players were visibly tiring.

Massengo, Nagy ODowda, Rowe etc have hardly featured over the past few weeks and they all could have come on to add real fresh legs (stokes players looked knackered too).....but it didnt happen.....and stoke scored. We created little all game.....Stoke hit the post missed a one on one and Bently made a great save.

Credit to the side for pushing until the end but I think their legs ran out today and I think Holden should have changed things up earlier.

Just now, Lez said:

You could argue hindset, and stoke clearly had a good solid structure to them which made them hard to break down......but surely everyone could see an equaliser coming and that Holden needed some fresh legs on the pitch.

Unchanged side 3rd game in a row, after playing wed sat wed.....and the players were visibly tiring.

Massengo, Nagy ODowda, Rowe etc have hardly featured over the past few weeks and they all could have come on to add real fresh legs (stokes players looked knackered too).....but it didnt happen.....and stoke scored.

Credit to the side for pushing until the end but I think their legs ran out today and I think Holden should have changed things up earlier.

In a way I’m kind of glad. Some people were actually thinking he could end up getting the job. 

Give me strength 

I thought we played some of our best football in the last twenty minutes, so not sure that you can criticise the substitutions.  There’s always something to criticise if we don’t win though, isn’t there?  Stoke were solid, we had a go, they held out, it was a draw.  Not much to complain about there.

If he was auditioning for the job, then for me (not that I thought he should get it anyway) he's blown it.

As you point out, fresh legs needed, and the spark we've seen in previous games just wasn't quite there.

I get the need for continuity, especially when we haven't had much of it in the last 2 years or so, but today was crying out for a change or two at around the 55 minute mark. Stoke started the 2nd half well, and the equaliser was coming.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new man is announced between now and the weekend, especially as that point doesn't really do much for us. 

Smith was better today, Kalas is starting to look more like the defender of last year, but for me the most improved today looked to be Benkovic. It would be interesting to see how he plays over the last few games, and if Leicester aren't looking to play him much next season, I'd be tempted to get him in on a season long loan.

Williams will be off, Vyner isn't ready for where we want to be, and Baker, despite playing really well lately, has now been subbed twice during a game in quick succession again. He has been playing with more tenacity recently, but can't be relied upon for a whole season.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I thought we played some of our best football in the last twenty minutes, so not sure that you can criticise the substitutions.  There’s always something to criticise if we don’t win though, isn’t there?  Stoke were solid, we had a go, they held out, it was a draw.  Not much to complain about there.

A clear lack of understanding. Stoke scored and sat back.....we created nothing.....zero.....not a single effort on target in those 20 minutes.

Why did they sit back, because they scored.....something that could have potentially been prevented with the subs that were needed.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

A clear lack of understanding. Stoke scored and sat back.....we created nothing.....zero.....not a single effort on target in those 20 minutes.

Why did they sit back, because they scored.....something that could have potentially been prevented with the subs that were needed.

No need to be a condescending ******** mate.  

22 minutes ago, Lez said:

Massengo, Nagy ODowda, Rowe etc have hardly featured over the past few weeks and they all could have come on to add real fresh legs (stokes players looked knackered too).....but it didnt happen.....and stoke scored. We created little all game.....Stoke hit the post missed a one on one and Bently made a great save.

So, we’ve all Been  crying out for a consistent team and shape for the last 2 years  but you wanted to change after 2 wins on the bounce 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

So, we’ve all Been  crying out for a consistent team and shape for the last 2 years  but you wanted to change after 2 wins on the bounce 

You're right, let's not make a single substitution in future.....we must keep that eleven.

I really hope you have just misread my post otherwise you make me question the sanity of some posters on here.

7 points from our last 3 games is inexcusable. Any chance of promotion now fully blown barring a miracle and with the quality of our current squad not making the playoffs is simply not good enough!

He's had continual backing from lansdown in the market, having held onto ALL of our most valued players during his time as manager.

There has been such a poor atmosphere at the gate since his appointment and this can only be put down to the man managing this side! As long as things continue the way they are at the moment, despite being a season ticket holder, I WILL NOT be returning to Ashton Gate!

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

You're right, let's not make a single substitution in future.....we must keep that eleven.

I really hope you have just misread my post otherwise you make me question the sanity of some posters on here.

You really do come across as a arrogant *** . Get picked up on a post AGAIN and you don’t like a reaction . 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Genuinely pity condescending bellends like you  . That’s a terrible thing to say. Easy to do on here mind , act all billy big bollocks  

I hope you get over it.

Archived