IGNORED

Season Over Appoint Manager

Dynamite Red

14 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Season if affectively over, get the new man in and give him a couple weeks to review the squad in training. Time waits for no man, let's not waste this opportunity.

There is a week left of the season in which time we won't have a proper days training, it'll be either pre-match or post-match days, 1st day of 'pre-season' would then be a week or so later. 

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

There is a week left of the season in which time we won't have a proper days training, it'll be either pre-match or post-match days, 1st day of 'pre-season' would then be a week or so later. 

The longer we wait the more competition we will have for our chosen shortlist.

Get the new man in, announce him and give him as much time to assess the team, speak to players/coaching staff and make plans for the shortened break.

Continue to ponder and deliberate we will potentially miss out on our first choice candidates.

33 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

The longer we wait the more competition we will have for our chosen shortlist.

Get the new man in, announce him and give him as much time to assess the team, speak to players/coaching staff and make plans for the shortened break.

Continue to ponder and deliberate we will potentially miss out on our first choice candidates.

Or, it’s better to wait and see who else gets sacked and becomes available at the end of the season ....

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Let’s assume we’ve decided on the manager, he’s done some due diligence on our squad.  If it were me, I’d want to get in and speak to them, see them train, even if it’s just post match and or match....suss out their mood, etc.  Check out the ones who are “on the beach” etc.  A lot can be learned in this next week.  Might not have much influence on tactics in the last 2 games, but might even want to see Macca and Deano, see what makes them tick too.

I wouldn’t waste a day.

There are agents for deal with too, you don’t want to get caught out by a player you want to keep speaking to another club before you’ve had chance to see / speak to them.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Let’s assume we’ve decided on the manager, he’s done some due diligence on our squad.  If it were me, I’d want to get in and speak to them, see them train, even if it’s just post match and or match....suss out their mood, etc.  Check out the ones who are “on the beach” etc.  A lot can be learned in this next week.  Might not have much influence on tactics in the last 2 games, but might even want to see Macca and Deano, see what makes them tick too.

I wouldn’t waste a day.

There are agents for deal with too, you don’t want to get caught out by a player you want to keep speaking to another club before you’ve had chance to see / speak to them.

Don't disagree it was the 'seeing them in a couple of weeks of training' which the new person wouldn't have as such. I wouldn't be surprised for our business to be done later than normal this season. Even if someone was appointed tomorrow they'd see players for less than a week in training. They'd probably want time to assess the squad which would probably be a week or two of 'pre-season' (thankfully won't need so long of just fitness work) before ready to make judgements and lay out where improvements are needed.

I must say I felt a little bit of relief when full time came and I knew we could stop the play off pretense.

Don't get me wrong, I was urging us to win, but there's a certain closure* to this season now.

We as fans are prone to putting our hopes on fairytales, and whilst a few results went our way, as though to tease us, we all should have known that 6th spot was unattainable after the Cardiff defeat.

Now we can wake up from that particular far-fetched dream, and start a new dream that focuses on the 2020-21 season.

To earn seven points from the last three games is impressive stuff, but let's not overstate the performances. It hasn't been vintage, free-flowing football. We were fortunate to edge out a poor Hull side, and whilst the Boro win was a cracker, today was a other one of those Ashton Gate disappointments that have left our fans embittered so often this season.

It'll be a relief to put this season behind us. The football has been lacking both entertainment and results, and now we need a new energy. 

We need someone to come in and give the players a boost. We need that appointee to have a clear vision and to be decisive in which players will be fit for purpose. 

We can't go on wondering whether Palmer, Eliasson, O'Dowda or Paterson can be crow-barred into our line up. If they fit the methods of the new man, great, but if not, then we need to be clear about that and move on with players that do fit.

The rebuild start here. A new era awaits. The new boss comes with a huge weight of expectation, but with the opportunity to be immortalised. 

Come. On. You. REDS.

* "Closure, closure, closure closure closure" - someone here will get this TV reference ?

17 minutes ago, mozo said:

I must say I felt a little bit of relief when full time came and I knew we could stop the play off pretense.

Don't get me wrong, I was urging us to win, but there's a certain closure* to this season now.

I felt very similar.  A bit of resignation that it was the games at the restart that cost us, not tonight.

We as fans are prone to putting our hopes on fairytales, and whilst a few results went our way, as though to tease us, we all should have known that 6th spot was unattainable after the Cardiff defeat.

Now we can wake up from that particular far-fetched dream, and start a new dream that focuses on the 2020-21 season.

Definitely need to switch focus straight away.

To earn seven points from the last three games is impressive stuff, but let's not overstate the performances. It hasn't been vintage, free-flowing football. We were fortunate to edge out a poor Hull side, and whilst the Boro win was a cracker, today was a other one of those Ashton Gate disappointments that have left our fans embittered so often this season.
the main thing for me was playing with method and purpose.  It looked as if the players knew what they were trying to do, even if execution wasn’t always there.  I can live with that, after some of the dross served up this season.

It'll be a relief to put this season behind us. The football has been lacking both entertainment and results, and now we need a new energy. 

We need someone to come in and give the players a boost. We need that appointee to have a clear vision and to be decisive in which players will be fit for purpose. 

We can't go on wondering whether Palmer, Eliasson, O'Dowda or Paterson can be crow-barred into our line up. If they fit the methods of the new man, great, but if not, then we need to be clear about that and move on with players that do fit.
spot on.

The rebuild start here. A new era awaits. The new boss comes with a huge weight of expectation, but with the opportunity to be immortalised. 

Come. On. You. REDS.

* "Closure, closure, closure closure closure" - someone here will get this TV reference ?

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Eddie Howe with Mark Cooper as assistant

More likely Eddie the Eagle with Tommy Cooper as assistant.

20 minutes ago, Leveller said:

As opposed to Hughton, who of course was one of last season’s failures! I’d take Eddie Howe if he wanted it.

One of this seasons failures then. 
In all seriousness , if Howe leaves Bournemouth . I’d doubt he’d jump straight into another job without a break. 
We need someone in before then ideally .

Howe has been accused by people better qualified than me , that he’s not the best judge of a player and can’t handle player egos. Remind you of anyone ? 

Archived