IGNORED

Season Over Appoint Manager

Dynamite Red

38 minutes ago, Leveller said:

As opposed to Hughton, who of course was one of last season’s failures! I’d take Eddie Howe if he wanted it.

Eddie Howe has been fantastic for Bournemouth up until this season, when he has run out of answers. Nonetheless, there is something about him and that club that just fits, and I think that they would be mad to sack him. I don't think that there is anyone better qualified to lead Bournemouth in the Championship.

The one time that he left them and went to Burnley he failed.

Next.

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Eddie Howe has been fantastic for Bournemouth up until this season, when he has run out of answers. Nonetheless, there is something about him and that club that just fits, and I think that they would be mad to sack him. I don't think that there is anyone better qualified to lead Bournemouth in the Championship.

The one time that he left them and went to Burnley he failed.

Next.

Howe really struggled to cope with the death of his mother while he was Burnley manager and it all really affected his family too. He was only 33 years old at the time and he took Burnley to an 8th place finish in the championship and a 13th place finish before he realised he had to go home for ‘personal reasons’ - these guys are human, they ain’t robots and family tragedies happen to everyone, to simply say he ‘failed’ is a bit harsh in my opinion ...

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Howe really struggled to cope with the death of his mother while he was Burnley manager and it all really affected his family too. He was only 33 years old at the time and he took Burnley to an 8th place finish in the championship and a 13th place finish before he realised he had to go home for ‘personal reasons’ - these guys are human, they ain’t robots and family tragedies happen to everyone, to simply say he ‘failed’ is a bit harsh in my opinion ...

Well that's fair enough.

But I still think he's the best candidate to get Bournemouth up next season.

I don't think he's the best candidate to do that for us.

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

As opposed to Hughton, who of course was one of last season’s failures! I’d take Eddie Howe if he wanted it.

He has had time to deal with it , learn from it and recharge his ‘ batteries ‘ ready to go again.

I would have taken Howe here in a flash but now , with a very short  off season in view I’m not sure that the timing is right. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How was Hughton a failure last season? He kept Brighton in the premier league and left the club at the end of the season - job done ...

Well that’s an interesting gloss. As far as all the contemporary reports go, he was sacked for nearly getting them relegated.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He has had time to deal with it , learn from it and recharge his ‘ batteries ‘ ready to go again.

I would have taken Howe here in a flash but now , with a very short  off season in view I’m not sure that the timing is right. 

I was only calling Hughton a failure in response to someone who rejected the idea of appointing “one of this season’s failures”.

All managers eventually fail somewhere. I’d have Hughton or Howe, even if both of them have struggled with a small club in the Prem.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Well that’s an interesting gloss. As far as all the contemporary reports go, he was sacked for nearly getting them relegated.

Blimey - if ‘nearly getting them relegated’ is an acceptable criteria for sacking a manager who keeps a club like Brighton safe in the premier league then at least six premier league managers would lose their jobs at the end of each season for narrowly avoiding the drop. Chris Hughton kept Brighton up in the premier league last season. They were not relegated. I think that’s a notable achievement ... 

13 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

One of this seasons failures then. 
In all seriousness , if Howe leaves Bournemouth . I’d doubt he’d jump straight into another job without a break. 
We need someone in before then ideally .

Howe has been accused by people better qualified than me , that he’s not the best judge of a player and can’t handle player egos. Remind you of anyone ? 

One or two I could name.

57 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Agree if the news is of an actual appointment then it looks like Chrissy Hughts! 

Could be other manager related news though, not certain myself what it is yet

If there’s something likely today or tomorrow then it’s surely got to rule out Gerrard. 
We know SG is happy to leave Rangers. But I can’t see anything happening whilst he’s actually on duty with them. 

I’ve heard that a former Chelsea Spanish Right Back also applied. Apparently had a brief coaching stint here last year too. 

All that said. If it’s today, it’s surely got to be Hughton. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

If there’s something likely today or tomorrow then it’s surely got to rule out Gerrard. 
We know SG is happy to leave Rangers. But I can’t see anything happening whilst he’s actually on duty with them. 

I’ve heard that a former Chelsea Spanish Right Back also applied. Apparently had a brief coaching stint here last year too. 

All that said. If it’s today, it’s surely got to be Hughton. 

Ferrer?

Oh Steve, you really are spoiling us ???

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey - if ‘nearly getting them relegated’ is an acceptable criteria for sacking a manager who keeps a club like Brighton safe in the premier league then at least six premier league managers would lose their jobs at the end of each season for narrowly avoiding the drop. Chris Hughton kept Brighton up in the premier league last season. They were not relegated. I think that’s a notable achievement ... 

Clearly the Brighton board felt differently.

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Clearly the Brighton board felt differently.

Clearly, can’t argue with that, dunno what they were expecting though ... finishing safe in the premier league wasn’t enough for a club like Brighton?! Perhaps they wanted champions league football, expectations are high when you hit the promised land! Fully expect Potter to get the sack then, they haven’t yet won as many games this season under him as they did with Hughton at the helm last season ... and they’ve currently got the same number of points as they accumulated under Hughton - they’ve set the bar high! Safety isn’t enough for the Seagulls! 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s not afoot but a good nine inches .

Ah, but KITR has had a tip off, so it's probably down to 6 inches now!

As said earlier, if as Kid says (he's been right so many times, I don't doubt him) it would suggest CH rather that SG. I would be very happy with that and, hopefully, we get to address his lack of skill in the Premier league at some point.

Let's get there first eh!

CH gets my full support.

Archived