IGNORED

Helicopter...

Magic Man

Just now, Magic Man said:

... Seen by me over Ashton Gate 5 mins before the start of the match and reappears 10 mins after the final whistle. Hmmmmm

Vip in town for the match?? 

Maybe Coppell had 2nd thoughts again.

1 minute ago, Victory Park Reds said:

My mate from my sons junior football has a mate from yate who went to uni with John Coates the owners son.He told me that they used the clanage as a heliport when they came down for the carabao cup game a couple of yrs ago.Could be them again or maybe.....

Yes. It was this. 

3 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Wouldn't catch me in a helicopter. Heard far too many horror stories. 

Where would they land? In the park? Not sure what the rules and regulations are.

They landed on the pitch before and after.

I'm with you, wouldn't get me in one again

12 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

My mate from my sons junior football has a mate from yate who went to uni with John Coates the owners son.He told me that they used the clanage as a heliport when they came down for the carabao cup game a couple of yrs ago.Could be them again or maybe.....

Correct. By Bemi CC

11 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Yes you're right, I drink in the bemmy cricket club  pre match and yes before Stoke games there's a helicopter on the field, bar staff said it was Stoke owners ( Coates family) who arranged to land/take off there 

And yes....  No way I would ever get in one of those death traps,. Remember the Leicester owners when they crashed just after take off from the stadium.

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

Yes you're right, I drink in the bemmy cricket club  pre match and yes before Stoke games there's a helicopter on the field, bar staff said it was Stoke owners ( Coates family) who arranged to land/take off there 

And yes....  No way I would ever get in one of those death traps,. Remember the Leicester owners when they crashed just after take off from the stadium.

didnt think anyone bar players management staff and a few stewards were allowed in?.........

• Admin
33 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Wouldn't catch me in a helicopter. Heard far too many horror stories. 

No doubt from people that don't actually fly in one - assume like planes you realise there are hundreds in the skies over the UK every day

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

No doubt from people that don't actually fly in one - assume like planes you realise there are hundreds in the skies over the UK every day

Just from what I've read about or seen in the news. No idea how many UK helicopter journies are made daily, nor how many crashes there are in comparison to aeroplanes. My fear might be completely irrationally, but I'll be continuing to avoid them.

Thankfully my day job doesn't require helicopter travel (for now).

6 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Just from what I've read about or seen in the news. No idea how many UK helicopter journies are made daily, nor how many crashes there are in comparison to aeroplanes. My fear might be completely irrationally, but I'll be continuing to avoid them.

I used to fly fixed wing aircraft and you would never in a million years catch me in an egg whisker. Even a 747 with 4 engines out can glide but these things generally plummet down vertically.

9 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

When Burger King said chopper in their job advertisement, I don’t think it was a Helicopter ? ?

7 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Most definitely something about helicopters that makes you think no thanks.

Archived