IGNORED

Nick Pope

18 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Am I right in thinking we were linked with him during his Charlton days?

What a keeper he has become. Has to be England’s number 1 for me.

Him or Henderson, either way Pickford should be at least 3rd choice

59 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Am I right in thinking we were linked with him during his Charlton days?

What a keeper he has become. Has to be England’s number 1 for me.

Which just goes to show how low our standards have become for England keepers. Quite frankly on the world stage, or compared to England keepers of the past he us bang average. 

10 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Which just goes to show how low our standards have become for England keepers. Quite frankly on the world stage, or compared to England keepers of the past he us bang average. 

You need only watch Nick Pope to realise he is anything but bang average.

And how many bang average keepers are in the running for the golden glove?

64a73cf5ac793d1760a9e81b5f662fdd.png

Nick Pope is probably the most in form goalkeeper in the Premier League at the moment. And considering he doesn’t play for one of the top 2, makes his number of clean sheets even more impressive. And he is above Heaton and Hart just at Burnley.

The other impressive performance in his first season at that level is Dean Henderson. On form, both he and Pope are above Jordan Pickford, but that may not be the way Southgate sees it.

The other impressive stat I saw the other day is that out of all of the English keepers Pope is literally the only one who consistently/regularly comes and CATCHES crosses with Ben Foster being a very distant second. Henderson and Pickford are basically "liners" who barely come out and punch let alone catch the ball. Pickford also has the lowest save percentage of all English goalkeepers playing regularly in the Premier League. How he has maintained his place as England Goalkeeper is beyond my comprehension.

I would suggest in response to the earlier post that Nick Pope is a little bit better than "Bang Average" which is an exceptionally lazy and ill informed analysis of a very good goalkeeper.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Good luck dislodging future England number one Dan Bentley. 

Another nonsensical comment by somebody we all need to forget about..........

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The other impressive stat I saw the other day is that out of all of the English keepers Pope is literally the only one who consistently/regularly comes and CATCHES crosses with Ben Foster being a very distant second. Henderson and Pickford are basically "liners" who barely come out and punch let alone catch the ball. Pickford also has the lowest save percentage of all English goalkeepers playing regularly in the Premier League. How he has maintained his place as England Goalkeeper is beyond my comprehension.

I would suggest in response to the earlier post that Nick Pope is a little bit better than "Bang Average" which is an exceptionally lazy and ill informed analysis of a very good goalkeeper.

Another nonsensical comment by somebody we all need to forget about..........

Nonsensical comment for sure but the rest maybe a tad harsh! ;) 

It was long overdue time for a change but between him and his father, they have delivered us our two highest league positions of my lifetime, and my next big birthday is 40!

Let’s not be too quick to forget where we came from and the crap we've had to endure. 

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

You need only watch Nick Pope to realise he is anything but bang average.

And how many bang average keepers are in the running for the golden glove?

64a73cf5ac793d1760a9e81b5f662fdd.png

One seasons form doesn't impress me. I maintain that compared to England keepers of the past he is bang average. Banks, Stepney, Bonetti, Shilton, Clemence, Seaman and even Calamity James for starters were all far better keepers than Pope. Once he's performed to a high standard consistently for 10 seasons or more we might talk about him in the same breath as those named above. 

10 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

One seasons form doesn't impress me. I maintain that compared to England keepers of the past he is bang average. Banks, Stepney, Bonetti, Shilton, Clemence, Seaman and even Calamity James for starters were all far better keepers than Pope. Once he's performed to a high standard consistently for 10 seasons or more we might talk about him in the same breath as those named above. 

To be fair he was very impressive last season.......only 8 more to go before you judge him as better than bang average!!

On 16/07/2020 at 08:49, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I am not saying he is as good as the keepers you listed but to say he has to do it for 10 years before being better than bang average is crazy. Outfield players who break into a team at 20 will be coming to the end of there career by the time they are considered not bang average by that logic

Archived