IGNORED

Paul Cook linked

Lez

Reckon there could well be something in this.

Wigan are basically mathematically safe now, even if they do get a 12 point deduction.

Cook knows they are a mess & his brilliant work this season will be impossible to replicate.

Could still be Hughton but there is no obvious reason for a delay as he is out of work.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Hughton is the most sensible appointment based on experience but Cook is the one I'd be most excited by. 

Really? I would say he is the uninspiring choice out of the 3.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon there could well be something in this.

Wigan are basically mathematically safe now, even if they do get a 12 point deduction.

Cook knows they are a mess & his brilliant work this season will be impossible to replicate.

Could still be Hughton but there is no obvious reason for a delay as he is out of work.

Basically mathematically safe!! How do you work that out? 

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not sure that he would want to come back  this far south. It was well documented that he wanted to move back north when at Pompey.

I question whether he is the right fit in general I'm not sure his personality Is SL type.....as for the move well he needs to get over that.

1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

Basically mathematically safe!! How do you work that out? 

Think in theory there would need to be a 25 goal change over their last 2 games for them still to be relegated if they are docked 12 points & lost them both.

They aren’t totally safe, but aren’t going to lose by those sort of margins, are they?

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cook would be a good appointment I think. Robins would be my preferred, but cook close second. 

We’re being linked with a lot of people I’d be happy with... and Gerrard. 

What has Robin's done to be on the same level as cook?

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

What has Robin's done to be on the same level as cook?

I think it could be that I’ve seen more of Coventry than I have Wigan. They’re football was exactly what we’d love to watch. I know it’s a lower level, but with our quality of players, I’d be well happy. 

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think in theory there would need to be a 25 goal change over their last 2 games for them still to be relegated if they are docked 12 points & lost them both.

They aren’t totally safe, but aren’t going to lose by those sort of margins, are they?

No, it’s really all to play for.

4FA9186B-11AF-4D1D-A0A9-AEDB1A20164F.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday might have points deduction too!!

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think you forget that IF they get the points deduction they move one place above relation on goal difference. But there are still two games to play!

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cook would be a good appointment I think. Robins would be my preferred, but cook close second. 

We’re being linked with a lot of people I’d be happy with... and Gerrard. 

I'd prefer Robins to Gerrard. We've got rid of one manager to maybe replace him with someone with even less experience. Yet some people are excited for it. Don't understand it.

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

On the basis of do you see Hull picking up another point :laugh:

With their 12 point deduction they will be on 45 points with Hull and Luton who play each on Saturday, Wigan have two very tough games left, lose on Saturday and they will be in the bottom three with a home game against Fulham as their last game they are a million miles away from mathematically safe

Archived