IGNORED

Negatives of being in the playoffs

Unan

8 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Shorter preseason

Less rest 

Shorter transfer window

...? Help

Huge disappointment if losing , difficult to get over can cause a poor start to the new season. 

Best players ‘ showcased ‘ and likely to be sold .

Coach puts himself in the ‘ shop window ‘ ( not Burtons )

I actually think Brentford will lose in the play offs if they don’t go up automatically. They’ve won 8 on the bounce, they could well win 10 on the spin and not go up. Then they’d have to pick themselves up and win another 3 (or, two ties at least) in a row? 

If they do it, fair play. But wouldn’t be surprised to see them run out of steam. I have a horrible feeling Cardiff might fluke it.

18 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Shorter preseason

Less rest 

Shorter transfer window

...? Help

I think it wouldn't feel the same, especially if we got promoted. I think it would feel a bit of an anticlimax without the fans there.

Playoff semis have been some of the best City games I've seen. Would be terrible to have them behind closed doors or with very limited crowd. 

57 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it wouldn't feel the same, especially if we got promoted. I think it would feel a bit of an anticlimax without the fans there.

Playoff semis have been some of the best City games I've seen. Would be terrible to have them behind closed doors or with very limited crowd. 

This ?

Imagine waiting 40 years to get back into the top flight and not being there to celebrate the occasion.

Not for me

I dont know about you, but after watching LJ,s anti football for most of the season, then watching games remotely and finally seeing our slim play off hopes end after the Stoke game I am struggling to get enthusiastic and excited about next season. It seems very unlikely that we will start the season with crowds and the thought of more laptop sessions on Saturday afternoons is hardly appealing

Hopefully we decide which manager will be enough of a yes man and prepared to work for peanuts soon and that will fire us up.

Living the dream COYR

Negatives would be 

6.000 pages on who should get a ticket and why ..... :laugh:

the buzz and hype that surround the plays off etc chatting to your mates about making a weekend of it in London 

people organising coaches 

plenty of tv exposure which can only be good for the club

17 minutes ago, AberRed said:

The playoffs are pretty stressful and the chances of us winning would be one-in-a-million, but we'd still be inevitably disappointed when that one-in-a-million scenario doesn't actually happen.

Trying to  see your GP due to  a combination of stress, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, anxiety and depression is difficult in the current situation.

Archived