IGNORED

The Jim White appreciation thread

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, daored said:

Wasn’t he up Lansdown’s ass the other week when he was on the show and also when we had our cup run a couple of years ago 

There's rather a lot of "ass" and "arse" on this thread .... but anyway, yes mate, he's always either up someone's ass, jumping down someone's throat, getting in someone's face, or someone's tits, and being a cock. Or a ballache. Or a ****y. Time they gave him the elbow, the sweaty ****.

Can't stand the blokes style or delivery but tbf to him he was very complimentary towards us during the cup run and even went so far as to say wouldn't it be fantastic if a club in the sw of england got to the prem.

As for arrogance and smugness, he's right up there with Jeremy Vine, Gavin from auto windscreens and Brian Steele from Bateman skips.

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would anyone listen to talksport? So many different options nowadays with different sports podcasts.  Talksport is terrible. Radio for sun readers 

I used to listen Alan Brazil followed by Jim White but now that AB is on a sabbatical I rarely listen these days.

I appreciate he is the biggest turd in media. Complete brown nose and opinions are not based on his own morals and integrity but what suits popularity at the time to make himself look good. Interview techniques are annoying and doesn’t listen to anyone, even if explaining the truth as he’s only continues to revert back to subject title until someone agrees. 

51 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would anyone listen to talksport? So many different options nowadays with different sports podcasts.  Talksport is terrible. Radio for sun readers 

I buy the Sun on a Saturday because i'm shit at crosswords but I can do that one easily enough.

Talksport is utter shite and I can't believe I used to listen to it whilst driving up and down the country.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A malign influence in the world of sport as well as politics. You need to educate yourself. 

I’m not interested in Murdoch or his empire RR. 

As a Sky customer I have all the channels and sport I want. I’m watching test cricket right now. The coverage is superb as it is with football, darts, golf.........and I don’t mind paying the subscription.......I wish they’d cover bowls as well.................:cool2:

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

I buy the Sun on a Saturday because i'm shit at crosswords but I can do that one easily enough.

Talksport is utter shite and I can't believe I used to listen to it whilst driving up and down the country.

Yes I used to listen as well but I would say in our defence that it’s got worse. Colin Murray was very good and he left. H and J show is tiresome.  Durham show is an extreme version of its former self.  Never listened to Alan Brazil. Awful 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Yes I used to listen as well but I would say in our defence that it’s got worse. Colin Murray was very good and he left. H and J show is tiresome.  Durham show is an extreme version of its former self.  Never listened to Alan Brazil. Awful 

Yep you nailed it in one !

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not all of us put money into the pocket of the malign influence that is Rupert Murdoch, Robbo. 

Rupert Murdoch doesn't have an affiliation with SKY anymore. I was told that in no uncertain terms when I had an interview there last September.

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Rupert Murdoch doesn't have an affiliation with SKY anymore. I was told that in no uncertain terms when I had an interview there last September.

Ta. I thought it was jointly owned by Comcast and Fox, but it seems Comcast acquired the last of the Fox shares about 18 months ago.

I don't watch a lot of telly, so any subscription channel is a waste of time with me. Mrs RR pays for Netflix and Amazon, but that's her choice not mine. Not sure I'd even have a TV if I was a bachelor. 

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ta. I thought it was jointly owned by Comcast and Fox, but it seems Comcast acquired the last of the Fox shares about 18 months ago.

I don't watch a lot of telly, so any subscription channel is a waste of time with me. Mrs RR pays for Netflix and Amazon, but that's her choice not mine. Not sure I'd even have a TV if I was a bachelor. 

I don't really watch telly at all, I don't actually have one. Have a Netflix subscription, watch Quest for highlights, but watch and listen to YouTube the most. Far more interesting and informative than telly.

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

The only time I have appreciated Jim White was on transfer deadline day and only because he had Natalie Sawyer sat next to him in a yellow dress with her bangers out.....

sesxist yes, do I care no

Proper Bangers & Smash combo! 

Im sick of it, im sick of hearing snide remarks whenever somebody quotes anything from the express/mail/talksport/sun.

I cannot stand the Guardian. The opinion pieces in that rag are laughable. And so detached from reality. Yet, I wouldn't make no snide comment if a sports piece came from that paper. 

Do you all realise that sports reporters and opinion in the sports section are detached from the views of said editorials/owners??

Just now, Atticus said:

Im sick of it, im sick of hearing snide remarks whenever somebody quotes anything from the express/mail/talksport/sun.

I cannot stand the Guardian. The opinion pieces in that rag are laughable. And so detached from reality. Yet, I wouldn't make no snide comment if a sports piece came from that paper. 

Do you all realise that sports reporters and opinion in the sports section are detached from the views of said editorials/owners??

Being a bit snowflakey there, Mr A.  

No one asks you to buy the Guardian, nor has anyone ever asked you to.

I don't like TalkSport because of the tedious top-of-the-PL obsessed droning twonks they've always seemed to have on, when I've been unfortunate enough to listen.  Maybe I'm missing a treat. I doubt it. I don't really like listening to commercial talk radio from anywhere.

As for getting a Sky subscription,  I've already outlined why it would be pointless for me.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Being a bit snowflakey there, Mr A.  

No one asks you to buy the Guardian, nor has anyone ever asked you to.

I don't like TalkSport because of the tedious top-of-the-PL obsessed droning twonks they've always seemed to have on, when I've been unfortunate enough to listen.  Maybe I'm missing a treat. I doubt it. I don't really like listening to commercial talk radio from anywhere.

As for getting a Sky subscription,  I've already outlined why it would be pointless for me.

I am being a snowflake.

Because it gets sooooo tiring when you know for 100% fact that there will be a snide remark EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. It really does get irritating. Just keep those opinions to the politics forum.

If you cant bear to not have a pop because of the paper a football source comes from, then dont post. 

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I am being a snowflake.

Because it gets sooooo tiring when you know for 100% fact that there will be a snide remark EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. It really does get irritating. Just keep those opinions to the politics forum.

If you cant bear to not have a pop because of the paper a football source comes from, then dont post. 

However, i would suggest its not me being a snowflake. Its the people that appear to be soooo dismissive of opinions because it comes from a source which isnt approved from them in their political opinions!

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I am being a snowflake.

This thread wasn't about some story from some source it was giving an opinion on Jim White. 

I have the same opinion of him as I have on various others on TalkSport, which I outlined above.

If you ask me what sport writer I rate most I'd tell you Henry Winter. He's on the Murdoch-owned but still quite readable Times now, but was on the Telegraph - a joke paper sadly these days - for years.

That doesn't stop Henry from being an insightful journalist with excellent contacts in the game.

Archived