IGNORED

THATS LEEDS GONE ....

sticks 1969

I absolutely detest leeds and their cocksure Tourettes like fan base but along with Brentford nylons they have been the best team in the league by far and deservedly won the League.

I don't get this "We deserve to be in the Premier League" rubbish.

Unlike the likes of villa, I can't see them coming back down like some on here think they will.

At least we won't start on -6 points next season.

5 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It will be interesting to say how Leeds move forward as three sides of Elland Road are really old and the capacity is under 40,000 which isn't big enough if they are as big as they think they are

I am fairly certain if Elland Road had a capacity of 50,000 they would fill it in the Prem every home game since they have a long season ticket waiting list; I am reasonably confident if they had 60,000 they would fill it on regular occasions. So yes, some may not like it, but they are as big as they think they are. 

1 minute ago, Swede said:

I absolutely detest leeds and their cocksure Tourettes like fan base but along with Brentford nylons they have been the best team in the league by far and deservedly won the League.

Unlike the likes of villa, I can't see them coming back down like some on here think they will.

Comfortable mid table if Bielsa settles in, at worst.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

I am fairly certain if Elland Road had a capacity of 50,000 they would fill it in the Prem every home game since they have a long season ticket waiting list; I am reasonably confident if they had 60,000 they would fill it on regular occasions. So yes, some may not like it, but they are as big as they think they are. 

I think your right as not only is the population of Leeds close to 800,000 you have a national fanbase

10 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's not all bad Leeds going up at least we will see more of Emma Louise Jones?

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

She is shagging a local journo, the type that  gives you confidence an average bloke can punch well above his weight.

8 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It will be interesting to say how Leeds move forward as three sides of Elland Road are really old and the capacity is under 40,000 which isn't big enough if they are as big as they think they are

Plans in place to build on the dilapidated West Stand to mirror the 18,000 East Stand Shaun

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Weird how so many opposition fans have us coming down even though they have only seen a handful of our games.

I always have reservations which is the usual pessimism within me however I do think we'll be ok

2 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Weird how so many opposition fans have us coming down even though they have only seen a handful of our games.

I always have reservations which is the usual pessimism within me however I do think we'll be ok

Personally I don`t think you`ll tear it up but you should have enough to be comfortable - think Burnley. Of course you could perform like your very good friends from the steel city............................................

53 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Personally I don`t think you`ll tear it up but you should have enough to be comfortable - think Burnley. Of course you could perform like your very good friends from the steel city............................................

I'll be happy with that Lanterne

Need to consolidate & build on what we already have. I'll have to get use to losing more games ☹️

7 hours ago, CiderHider said:

Will be interesting to see if he can step up, no reason why not. 2 goals, 6 assists and even took a red for the cause. A proper full back.

Best right wing-back in the championship imo, I think Luke will be ok

17 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Will they be in for Afobe ?

Leeds? Interesting. On paper and stylistically, he could be an interesting fit but the injuries may make them steer clear...IMO.

Augustin from Leipzig had been injured, think Nketiah had an injury too...they probably won't want to make it a hattrick but stylistically I think he'd be a useful addition for them.

16 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Do we get an add on to the Ayling deal for promotion to the Prem ?

Hope so!

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Bamford won`t cut it in the Premier League i reckon and his antics won`t go down well. He`s a very good championship striker but I don`t think he can make the step up personally whereas I can see someone like Ollie Watkins making it fairly easily.

I think Bamford would have his uses as a squad player, or maybe someone if they are in the lead to help hold what they have with his off the ball work, his being a handful for defenders- his adherence to their shape. I doubt he's a starter but he's got his uses.

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Debatable. I read a stat recently that something like only 15 English clubs have ever had an average attendance of over 40,000 during any season in their history. Most of the 15 were ones you’d expect (Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal etc) with a couple of possible surprises (Charlton and Wolves), but Leeds weren’t on the list. 

Admittedly they’ve been capacity constrained in recent years (Elland Road’s capacity is just under 40k) but history suggests there’s no guarantee they’d average more than 40k even if their capacity allowed it. 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Bamford would have his uses as a squad player, or maybe someone if they are in the lead to help hold what they have with his off the ball work, his being a handful for defenders- his adherence to their shape. I doubt he's a starter but he's got his uses.

Indeed ?

5 hours ago, North London Red said:

Debatable. I read a stat recently that something like only 15 English clubs have ever had an average attendance of over 40,000 during any season in their history. Most of the 15 were ones you’d expect (Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal etc) with a couple of possible surprises (Charlton and Wolves), but Leeds weren’t on the list. 

Admittedly they’ve been capacity constrained in recent years (Elland Road’s capacity is just under 40k) but history suggests there’s no guarantee they’d average more than 40k even if their capacity allowed it. 

Majority of our home games were sold out three weeks prior to a game this season, 1000's of Leeds fans couldn't acquire tickets.

The only empty seats were in the away end where many clubs only brought between 300 to 700 away support to ER

Next season we'll fill the 2,700 away end for the majority of our PL games.

Everybody around the Leeds area wants to watch Bielsa style of attacking football so yes we'll need a 50k capacity at the very least.

Forget the stats, this is a very different situation now!

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Not sure he makes the step up...

Think he'll be exposed.. 

Ryan Nyambe at Blackburn would...we can't afford him but just maybes you could! ...

That's the difficult posing question in assessing who is good enough to step up to the plate, Ayling has improved immensely (a big player for us in the championship & one of my favourites), you may be right Robert, only time will tell.

Nyambe looks decent what I've seen of him. I admire the Brentford LB Henry, quick & looks a talent

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think i read, charlton, had the biggest terrace, in europe at one point.

Sheff wednesday, used to get double the gates leeds got in the 1980s.

They were not far off 40000 everyweek in those days.

The 80's period for Leeds was dire, probably the worst in our history

17 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

You're on telly every other week. We're like season ticket holders....

True, but how many actually watch us, there is so much hatred for Leeds I would imagine many fans switch their telly's off.

We've had some really poor games like all clubs experience in the main, but we have played some lovely football, the best I've witnessed since our prem years. Tbh we looked a different class against your lads, two games I thought would be difficult.

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Was watching when you played, charlton, at st andrews in the play offs, not so long ago 1964.

Think aizelwood was playing for you?

What a mess st andrews was in those days btw.

33 years ago in the 1987 play-off final, not a happy memory.

Yes Louie, Aizelwood was playing for Leeds then & football stadiums were very different in the 80's compare to nowadays, thankfully we've moved on!

1 hour ago, 1964w said:

Majority of our home games were sold out three weeks prior to a game this season, 1000's of Leeds fans couldn't acquire tickets.

The only empty seats were in the away end where many clubs only brought between 300 to 700 away support to ER

Next season we'll fill the 2,700 away end for the majority of our PL games.

Everybody around the Leeds area wants to watch Bielsa style of attacking football so yes we'll need a 50k capacity at the very least.

Forget the stats, this is a very different situation now!

Best mate who is a season ticket holder said if only a few away fans were coming they gave seats to home fans which makes sense 

Archived