IGNORED

Endless problems with the clubs social media output

Southstandoriginal

30 minutes ago, Cardy said:

That would have made a much better post. There is no point in picking a fight with a club the size of Leeds Utd.

Like them or loathe them they are a proper big club which make the likes of Villa look small.

Villa 7 league titles

FA cup 7 times

League cup 5 times

One European cup

One European Super cup

Leeds 3 league titles

One FA cup

Two inter cities fairs cup (now Europa League)

You're right Villa are irrelevant

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I didn't say it was wrong.

I said it was puerile and embarrassing.

If you don't understand how Bristol City, perennial lower league nobodies, taking the piss out of Leeds United - winners of the  First Division, FA Cup, League Cup, robbed in a European Cup final and a Cup Winner Cup final by corrupt refereeing, and so on and so on - is an embarrassment...

...then you're as clueless as the pricks in charge of our ****tter account.

PS. None of that gives me any pleasure - Leeds fans are, almost to a man, woman and child, with the rare exception, a feking pain in the arse,

But facts are facts - our officials taking the mickey out of them for achieving something we've only ever managed in 120 years is...    

achieved twice in 120 years...

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If you don't understand how Bristol City, perennial lower league nobodies, taking the piss out of Leeds United - winners of the  First Division, FA Cup, League Cup, robbed in a European Cup final and a Cup Winner Cup final by corrupt refereeing, and so on and so on - is an embarrassment...

PS. None of that gives me any pleasure - Leeds fans are, almost to a man, woman and child, with the rare exception, a feking pain in the arse,

But facts are facts - our officials taking the mickey out of them for achieving something we've only ever managed in 120 years is...    

I think you’re forgetting that I said in my original post that I found this a miss rather than a hit. I was commenting more in the overall approach they were taking. Twitter has become, rightly or wrongly a platform to be a bit ‘clever’ for a lot brands, football clubs, etc. I found this one a bit cringe but more often than not there’s content that amuses me. It’s a fine balance.

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yeah but... how many Gloucestershire Cups have they won?

Tweet that you b*****ds

...and they probably would! 

Just now, RobArnold10 said:

I think you’re forgetting that I said in my original post that I found this a miss rather than a hit. I was commenting more in the overall approach they were taking. Twitter has become, rightly or wrongly a platform to be a bit ‘clever’ for a lot brands, football clubs, etc. I found this one a bit cringe but more often than not there’s content that amuses me. It’s a fine balance.

Fair play Rob.

I'm not a fan of social media tbf.  I'm of the old fashioned belief that, put a successful team on the pitch, you'll reach just as many people who want to turn up and fill the ground as you will putting shite out on social media. 

We've put the cart before the horse these days - social media content (gifs, etc) outweighing success on the pitch.

Take a bow, JonBoy. 

38 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

All out of likes for today ?

PS. The combination of an arrogant Yorkshire mindset and their, in all fairness, significant achievements between 1965 and 1975, does explain - if not excuse - the behaviour that winds us all up these days.    

I'm nearly 40 and have 2 kids. My parents hadn't even met in 1975. Leeds are a big club mainly because they incessantly, constantly, repeatedly, tell us what a massive club they are*

*I do appreciate that they get very big crowds for the Championship

21 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

City media team used to win awards with Bean Head, Jimmer Healey, Joe Meredith etc. All moved on but miles better than this muppet.

Spot on.

You didn’t have to be a big social media user to see some of the stuff they did then, (whether it was original or not) was inspired.

The stuff they do now is just embarrassing & when allied to their piss poor in house commentary team, just looks really ******* tinpot.

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

I'm nearly 40 and have 2 kids. My parents hadn't even met in 1975. Leeds are a big club mainly because they incessantly, constantly, repeatedly, tell us what a massive club they are*

I'm nearer 60. I hate to tell you this but... Leeds are a big club.

PS. And yes, their supporters are, mostly, knobs. But with - sort of - good reason. 

PPS. In spite of that I'd die in a ditch for Terry Cooper, Joe Jordan, John Shaw, Jimmy the Mann, Bob Bob Super Bobby Taylor, Carl Shutt, Tommy Burden and several others I've forgotten, but really shouldn't have, because it's Friday night and several ciders and a bottle of vino have taken the edge off the old memory noggin...! 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No idea how it's banter

But is this not an official club twitter feed?

The club would never dream of posting "banter" on the official site so why is it accepted on Twitter? 

It’s what brands do on Twitter nowadays. They’re all trying to be relatable. From Netflix, to Wendy’s, to KFC, they all want those elusive likes. Sometimes the football side can be alright when they (and by they, I mean the Germans) act like actual funny human beings as opposed to the “Let’s be funny!” that it feels like our Twitter is. I don’t hate that clubs have started to do this, as it can be bloody funny but I think we do try a bit *too* hard. I have no idea who runs our account (Dave? That Ryan Guy? Side note, the kids etc in the replies who call Admin by name are just as bad as Admin himself) but if it is a middle aged bloke it feels like it. Half the time it’s like your dad trying to relay a joke, you know the spirits there but he mucked up the execution. Our account should be run by a 20/30 something who’s actually both funny and good at tweeting about football. Most of these accounts are run by people around my age (28). Obviously with the wide range of ages in our fanbase, and particularly on here, the “funny” posts are always gonna split the crowd. That being said this Leeds post made my arsehole cringe. 

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

PS. And yes, their supporters are, mostly, knobs. But with - sort of - good reason. 

PPS. In spite of that I'd die in a ditch for Terry Cooper, Joe Jordan, John Shaw, Jimmy the Mann, Bob Bob Super Bobby Taylor, Carl Shutt, Tommy Burden and several others I've forgotten, but really shouldn't have, because it's Friday night and several ciders and a bottle of vino have taken the edge off the old memory noggin...! 

And you were but a whippersnapper when they were genuinely good. I agree that they're one of the 20 biggest clubs in the country (though only just) but the arrogance and self entitlement just isn't justified.

But anyway... Good luck to them. I hope they get battered 5-0 every week in the Prem!

22 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

spot on!! Ive ran out of likes today, but yes. Bristol City have done very well out of Leeds United over the years

9 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

And you were but a whippersnapper when they were genuinely good. I agree that they're one of the 20 biggest clubs in the country (though only just) but the arrogance and self entitlement just isn't justified.

But anyway... Good luck to them. I hope they get battered 5-0 every week in the Prem!

So do I.

Unless we have to play them in the Prem (which I'll put up with !!) they can all F! the F! off.

PS. How this squares with my unconditional love for Coops and Mr Joseph Jordan is anyone's guess!

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So do I.

Unless we have to play them in the Prem (which I'll put up with !!) they can all F! the F! off.

PS. How this squares with my unconditional love for Coops and Mr Joseph Jordan is anyone's guess!

Bob Taylor? John Shaw? Jimmy Mann?  Norman Hunter? David Rennie? Coops? Sir Joe? David Harle? Mark Aizlewood? ..We've done well out of Leeds over the years (we'll forget about Ian Baird and Harpal Singh)

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I mean what the actual **** is this all about? Embarrassing, cringeworthy, amateur...take your pick. Whoever runs this needs a P45 quickly. 

3 hours ago, !james said:

Proper cringe worthy stuff. 

Is it Dave Barton?! Surely a middle aged bloke is better than this nonsense! 

Yes - been a bugbear if mine for ages. It’s a common misconception that Dave Barton runs the Twitter. He doesn’t. It’s this guy called Ryan.

It’s been absolutely embarrassing since Adam Baker left. They have no grasp of what the fans want - instead they embarrassingly try to recreate a feed from one of those German clubs who tweet in English. 

The reason it was good under Adam B is because he actually was a fan. They now have an amateur media team who aren’t City fans and it shows. Same applies to replacing @Tim S with ‘Downsy’.

All of these gaffes feel awfully like something that Jon Lansdown would think is a good idea.. 

Edit - before someone calls me a snowflake, I’ve worked extensively in the sector and know how important social media is to brand image. Ours is totally wrong and makes me cringe.

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Bob Taylor? John Shaw? Jimmy Mann?  Norman Hunter? We've done well out of Leeds over the years

Norman!!! Sweet Jesu, I knew there was someone I'd forgotten Sween! But it's Friday night and I've had a coupke! 

Actually, that's no excuse - Norman Hunter, what a player. A massive influence - for the good - on BCFC.

Tom Ritchie told me once:

Soon after arriving, Norman was taken aback to learn that the players had to take their own kit home to clean themselves.

Leave it with me lads, he said 

A week later... washing machines and tumble dryers had been installed at the ground and the players didn't have to worry about laundry duties!

True story.

Without doubt, signing Hunter, Royle, Cormack raised standards both on and off the field - the club as a whole was taken to a different level.

Compare and contrast...

Been very low grade for a good while now. The gifs were ok a couple of years ago but that seems to have papered over the cracks of the shite that they produce 90% of the time. It’s fine, it’s the clubs social media and I guess they can do as they please but it’s just puerile and makes us look like sad wannabees. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

It’s what brands do on Twitter nowadays. They’re all trying to be relatable. From Netflix, to Wendy’s, to KFC, they all want those elusive likes. Sometimes the football side can be alright when they (and by they, I mean the Germans) act like actual funny human beings as opposed to the “Let’s be funny!” that it feels like our Twitter is. I don’t hate that clubs have started to do this, as it can be bloody funny but I think we do try a bit *too* hard. I have no idea who runs our account (Dave? That Ryan Guy? Side note, the kids etc in the replies who call Admin by name are just as bad as Admin himself) but if it is a middle aged bloke it feels like it. Half the time it’s like your dad trying to relay a joke, you know the spirits there but he mucked up the execution. Our account should be run by a 20/30 something who’s actually both funny and good at tweeting about football. Most of these accounts are run by people around my age (28). Obviously with the wide range of ages in our fanbase, and particularly on here, the “funny” posts are always gonna split the crowd. That being said this Leeds post made my arsehole cringe. 

I mean this genuinely, I believe that you have made a really good point here, but please press the enter button occasionally 

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

It wasn’t just between 1965 and 1975, though that was the peak. Between 1964 and 2004 I think they were out of the top flight for 8 years, won it 3 times and were runners up 5 times. They weren’t a big club before Revie, but have been since 1964. 

It’s a guy called Ryan who is in charge of our social media output. A basketball nut and Watford fan.

It may not have anything to do with Barton directly but it’s his and Lisa Knights’ sign off. It’s embarrassing.

The club don’t have to employ a media team who work for the club (like 2/3 of the media team when we won the league) but they have to adapt and realise what supporters actually want.

Was Head 2 Head successful because the club was doing well? Possibly but also got to see the natural side of the players. Proper content. A head of Comms in Adam Baker who got the club.

Much rather those times were back.

4 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

I unfollowed that account months ago. Personally find it to be a conveyor belt of childish and annoying content.

Who are they targeting? 8 - 16 year olds presumably, which is fair enough, but by doing that you alienate everyone one else!!

Perhaps the club could create an account for adult fans?

I also unfollowed months ago. Felt ashamed of doing that to my own club. Real cringeworthy tweets.

4 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

I unfollowed that account months ago. Personally find it to be a conveyor belt of childish and annoying content.

Who are they targeting? 8 - 16 year olds presumably, which is fair enough, but by doing that you alienate everyone one else!!

Perhaps the club could create an account for adult fans?

Or maybe just be more professional. After all they are a professional football club.

It pathetic what comes out from this mob, its like a 16 year old personal account 

I miss when the city twitter page would just stick to posting news, line-ups, your standard stuff.

All these memes and jokes are pretty cringe and embarrassing. Plus, the person in control of it just gives of a bad impression on behalf of the fan base.

Archived