IGNORED

Endless problems with the clubs social media output

Southstandoriginal

41 minutes ago, awbb said:

In this world there are 2 types of football fan. Those that like Revie and those that like Clough.

It is of little surprise that Leeds have so few allies.

Clough was a top class manager, had some unbelievable achievements and should've got the England job- but he was a bit of a bellend in some respects too.

5 hours ago, CityLew said:

I miss when the city twitter page would just stick to posting news, line-ups, your standard stuff.

All these memes and jokes are pretty cringe and embarrassing. Plus, the person in control of it just gives of a bad impression on behalf of the fan base.

As I said on twitter last night, I only really follow it for team news on match days, the rest of the stuff is mainly shoite - who gives a flying one if it’s Marley Watkins’ birthday etc etc 

The halcyon days of the goal gifs (which were only ever copied from the Flyers, anyway) seem a long time ago now eh. 

33 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...and they say that no one at the club reads OTIB ?

They’ll blame it on this wicked evil place while overlooking reactions on Facebook and Twitter from others.

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

...and they say that no one at the club reads OTIB ?

To be honest it was probably all the comments cc'ing JL saying how embarrassing it was that probably got it removed.

So yeah the club probably read this place but as a 3rd class citizen behind Facebook and twitter. 

I'm a little confused by the reaction. 

If you don't like what they produce on a certain media channel use a different one. The Facebook channel is more or less what most people on here that are "cringing" seem to want, its strait information. 

Some don't seem to understand that different channels target different demographics, Facebook targets 18 to 29 year olds and retains them until about 49, twitter targets 13 to 17 year old and retains them until about 29.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If you don't like what they produce on a certain media channel use a different one. The Facebook channel is more or less what most people on here that are "cringing" seem to want, its strait information. 

Some don't seem to understand that different channels target different demographics, Facebook targets 18 to 29 year olds and retains them until about 49, twitter targets 13 to 17 year old and retains them until about 29.

For me it wasn't that they went with a meme reaction to Leeds getting promoted its the context of the one they chose, to use one where its original format is very bitter and saying they don't deserve it etc is just poor and if they really did think 'all jokes aside, congratulations' etc it would have been in the original tweet not an after thought.

48 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Is a good point. I'm early 30's, and deleted Twitter last month. Couldn't bear it anymore, honestly life is better without it.

I had stopped following City months before that because of the well documented issues with the feed. I have to say the Instagram is much better. Generally sticking to player photos, short videos of training, and interviews. They don't seem to put out the "jokes" or "banter" as much on Insta.

54 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

For me it wasn't that they went with a meme reaction to Leeds getting promoted its the context of the one they chose, to use one where its original format is very bitter and saying they don't deserve it etc is just poor and if they really did think 'all jokes aside, congratulations' etc it would have been in the original tweet not an after thought.

That's fair enough, not everyone likes every joke. Your right the construction of this joke and where it feels like it comes from feels bitter. Some people like that comedy some (myself included) don't.

I wouldn't want the club to stop appealing to people that do have that sense of humour especially if it's on a media channel that almost promotes and expects that type of (shit) "banter".

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

The issue is that unanimously people seem to dislike it regardless of demographic.

There’s obviously a place for humour, the former comms team knew that, but it has to be right. The stuff our twitter account produces smacks of humour that people who aren’t really fans would do to try and get engagement. It’s juvenile, unfunny and lazy.

They’ve got rid of genuine fans who understand our fan base and hired people with interesting track records in producing multimedia content that aren’t fans and don’t have much experience which really shows.

Very occasionally they produce good stuff - some of the behind the scenes training videos are good for example. Silly jokes like last night’s seem to read the room wrong.  Also the thing they did in the week posting graphics of comments taken from players instagrams is just lazy and uninteresting.

I think people want insight like pre/post match interviews, little clips like the Dasilva nutmeg, throwback highlights (ie Marvin Elliot in the week) and behind the scenes stuff. A bit of humour here and there but the right sort. That would be fine for any platform and still generate the engagement they're after.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Twitter feed I stopped following . Also the Robins TV IMO is awful. Could be so much better. 

TV is my world and in fairness  I'd say they're not doing too bad a job with the technical limitations they have and the limited time to plan their offer. I think they are lucky to have Lisa Knights to hold it together, she's a decent live presenter. But as a season ticket holder I'd expect something considerably better and more editorially ambitious if we can't get to matches ourselves and have to watch on Robins TV instead...newsworthy interviews, behind the scenes films...a Footy Focus for City fans, which needn't cost a fortune.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

TV is my world and in fairness  I'd say they're not doing too bad a job with the technical limitations they have and the limited time to plan their offer. I think they are lucky to have Lisa Knights to hold it together, she's a decent live presenter. But as a season ticket holder I'd expect something considerably better and more editorially ambitious if we can't get to matches ourselves and have to watch on Robins TV instead...newsworthy interviews, behind the scenes films...a Footy Focus for City fans, which needn't cost a fortune.

Exactly what I said and suggested to Dave Barton in a feedback email I sent the other day.

On 17/07/2020 at 23:08, Phileas Fogg said:

The reason it was good under Adam B is because he actually was a fan. They now have an amateur media team who aren’t City fans and it shows. Same applies to replacing @Tim S with ‘Downsy’.

All of these gaffes feel awfully like something that Jon Lansdown would think is a good idea.. 

I appreciate the mention and to this day still confused as to why the likes of Adam and myself were "moved on".

Adam has, as he always has been - the upmost professional and never bad mouthed the club or come across as bitter from what happened. And that in itself is a testament to him both personally and professionally. I've tried to do the same. Perhaps not as well as Adam though! 

I really don't know why certain changes were made when they were or who made the decisions. I don't want to point the finger because I genuinely don't know.

All I know is the reasons given when I was told my services were no longer required turned out to be very inaccurate. 

9 hours ago, Tim S said:

I appreciate the mention and to this day still confused as to why the likes of Adam and myself were "moved on".

Adam has, as he always has been - the upmost professional and never bad mouthed the club or come across as bitter from what happened. And that in itself is a testament to him both personally and professionally. I've tried to do the same. Perhaps not as well as Adam though! 

I really don't know why certain changes were made when they were or who made the decisions. I don't want to point the finger because I genuinely don't know.

All I know is the reasons given when I was told my services were no longer required turned out to be very inaccurate. 

It's a shame Tim because I feel they need to have genuine fans in the customer facing side of the football club (comms, announcer/DJ). All of you were (Adam B, Dave L etc) and for one reason or another have been replaced with people who aren't. That doesn't make sense to me and seems counterproductive.

It may seem small in the scheme of things but you associate the music someone in your role did with periods of watching us play. I still associate songs such as Hi Ho Silver Lining, The Liquidator, Rockin' All Over The World from my first seasons of watching (from around 06ish) and songs like Pendulum - Slam, Muse - Knights of Cydonia with different eras on the pitch. I even remember the songs I wasn't so keen on (Elbow pre match! ?) but that's all part of the fun.

I think the current group in those roles are a huge downgrade and most people agree.

I saw Ben Prater from BBC Bristol being critical of the social media team’s approach to the other day. It’s not just us forum nerds noticing it.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The replacements have no history or affiliation/affiniation with the football club and are just drawing a wage. Such a shame.  

Well someone's got to say it " honestly they get paid?".

Now I don't use Twitter or bookface but the innaccuracies  and mistakes on the club site news and reports are incredible. 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

An example of social media as good banter

That is good.

I think the other thing about the other night’s issue was that it felt cheap to post about Leeds thus piggybacking off the attention they were getting so we’d get extra engagement. 

They aren’t rivals of ours at all, was frankly quite a weird thing to do.

Archived