IGNORED

Endless problems with the clubs social media output

Southstandoriginal

On 19/07/2020 at 12:27, Just8 said:

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but thought it was pretty shocking.

Screenshot_20200718-165418_Chrome.jpg

Truthfully, I barely engage with the club content now- haven't for a while.

Come here first for City related news, then Twitter- through searches as opposed to the Twitter feed- is a shame but that's a shocker-just copied and pasted it!!

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Truthfully, I barely engage with the club content now- haven't for a while.

Come here first for City related news, then Twitter- through searches as opposed to the Twitter feed- is a shame but that's a shocker-just copied and pasted it!!

Its not the first time they've got badges/names the wrong way round. Seen it in programs and once on the scoreboard during a game! Clueless!

On 20/07/2020 at 04:17, Atticus said:

This guy gets it.

This is what social media is now. You can accept it or not, but this what it is. Its corporations and companies chasing likes. Thats all it is. Somehow, it is now all about social media now for all companies. Hence why you see them go SUPER WOKE SUPER instantly, no matter how hypocritical that makes the vast majority of them.

It appears as though social media likes is the be all and end all of marketing to most companies this day and age sadly. They are wrong mind. Long term, its very wrong for alot of them. But thats how it is, and thats why we have to put up with this garbage from Bristol City. 

Get woke go broke

For a few years now I've felt the official site is looked after pretty poorly & instead I tend to rely on social media accounts/this forum to keep me up to date with what is going on. 

A few things the club could sort very easily 

The 'Teams' link takes you to a broken webpage with a Bristol Bears background

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/

The 'First Team Staff' page features Mark Ashton, Luke Werhun & Isobel Mitchell. It seems to me as if this is a weird place to have these three, they're not exclusive to the first team are they?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-staff/

Also, would be great if the squad pages are actually kept up to date this year, last season we had various players listed on the U23's who left in the summer of 2019. 

On the 'Academy' page, it still features a quote from Lee Johnson regarding what he wants from it. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/academy/

I recently tried to search 'Mark Ashton' on the news part of the site to find a quote I thought he'd previously made but despite 6 pages of results coming up, only 4 work. 5 & 6 are broken. Not sure if this is the case with any other phrases. 

That's just a few things I've come across when looking at certain things, I'm sure others can add to this thread about parts of the site which can be improved upon.

Would be great if you could pass on to the relevant people @JerrySLO

7 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

The whole communications team are nothing short of abysmal. 

socially they really don’t understand the fans and the content is amateur. 

“caption this” 

Bizarre videos of Callum O'Dowda with the ROI team scoring a fairly simple goal as if fans would be impressed. The content really is poor. Needs a review.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I only listen to Robbered 

But the official site only confirms what Robbered posts.

But Robbored only believes the official site.

But ... the ... official ... site ... only ... confirms ...what ... Robbered ... posts.

bUt .. r0bB0r3d ... 0NlY .. b3Li3vZ tH3 0Ff1c1@L ...s1te....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

41 minutes ago, Prinny said:

But ... the ... official ... site ... only ... confirms ...what ... Robbered ... posts.

bUt .. r0bB0r3d ... 0NlY .. b3Li3vZ tH3 0Ff1c1@L ...s1te....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Take your medication 

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

For a few years now I've felt the official site is looked after pretty poorly & instead I tend to rely on social media accounts/this forum to keep me up to date with what is going on. 

A few things the club could sort very easily 

The 'Teams' link takes you to a broken webpage with a Bristol Bears background

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/

The 'First Team Staff' page features Mark Ashton, Luke Werhun & Isobel Mitchell. It seems to me as if this is a weird place to have these three, they're not exclusive to the first team are they?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-staff/

Also, would be great if the squad pages are actually kept up to date this year, last season we had various players listed on the U23's who left in the summer of 2019. 

On the 'Academy' page, it still features a quote from Lee Johnson regarding what he wants from it. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/academy/

I recently tried to search 'Mark Ashton' on the news part of the site to find a quote I thought he'd previously made but despite 6 pages of results coming up, only 4 work. 5 & 6 are broken. Not sure if this is the case with any other phrases. 

That's just a few things I've come across when looking at certain things, I'm sure others can add to this thread about parts of the site which can be improved upon.

Would be great if you could pass on to the relevant people @JerrySLO

The real shame is that these are all such easy things to fix, but they are far from rare.

For example Steve Lansdown's profile in the "Board of Directors" section says "...lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Wembley and the Sky Bet Championship title with 99 points." That's a line about the most successful season we've had in the modern era, in the profile of our owner, on our own website...and it's wrong. One word needs changing.

The website itself is fine, we're a football club and it doesn't need to be the slickest shiniest site on the planet. It needs to function well, be easy for fans to buy tickets and merch, and be accurately and quickly updated with news and stats.

It's a real shame as these mistakes and inaccuracies detract from an otherwise decent offering.

44 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The real shame is that these are all such easy things to fix, but they are far from rare.

For example Steve Lansdown's profile in the "Board of Directors" section says "...lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Wembley and the Sky Bet Championship title with 99 points." That's a line about the most successful season we've had in the modern era, in the profile of our owner, on our own website...and it's wrong. One word needs changing.

The website itself is fine, we're a football club and it doesn't need to be the slickest shiniest site on the planet. It needs to function well, be easy for fans to buy tickets and merch, and be accurately and quickly updated with news and stats.

It's a real shame as these mistakes and inaccuracies detract from an otherwise decent offering.

@phantom and other Mods, there was a mega-thread of errors somewhere on the forum...worth a merge? 

Ah yes just seen that, that’s so easily fixable like the other things mentioned. Hopefully they get sorted.

Would be great if they had more stats in depth on the site.

and another thing, years ago they used to post our away followings to each game/how many came to the gate. Would like to see that added again when away fans are allowed to go!

Just now, Carey 6 said:

Ah yes just seen that, that’s so easily fixable like the other things mentioned. Hopefully they get sorted.

Would be great if they had more stats in depth on the site.

Yeh the stats need work as well. It's about owning what you produce as well as accuracy. Stats are a commodity nowadays (I have heard of players attempting to contractually "own" their stats in the same way they own image rights). Why the club don't look to improve their presentation and packaging of the stats the club produces, or at the very least display the definitive version of them, I don't know. At the moment the club allows third parties to publicly define it's own performance. Madness in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

City have always retweeted videos and pictures that international teams have put out of our players.

Morrell picture for Wales City retweeted today, no one minds that it seems!

It's not the retweeting of them in isolation, it's the accompanying caption which was a fire emoji as if to imply it was some sort of ridiculous piece of skill. It wasn't, a good percentage of the forum could probably do it themselves. It all just feels like a big disconnect and misunderstanding of the fans and what they want.

To his credit, Ryan Morgan (the guy who actually runs the social media despite loads of people bizarrely thinking it's Dave Parsons tweeting personally), tweeted asking fans what they want to see as matchday content 

Archived