IGNORED

Endless problems with the clubs social media output

Southstandoriginal

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Its funny though that simply a fire emoji above it can cause people to get pissed off.

Some people take some things far too seriously it seems to me.

You're missing the point (perhaps deliberately). People aren't "pissed off" about it, just using it as an example of the club getting it wrong. It's a fairly straightforward control and finish that people weren't that impressed by (read the replies) - the club don't need to post something for the sake it of. Sometimes it's just better to post nothing.

• The title was changed to Endless problems with the clubs social media output
6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough.

I genuinely don't get where there's a problem in retweeting a video of one of our players scoring a goal during training on international duty. The fire emoji? Honestly who really cares they included that!

Its just a bit of support for one of our players. And highlights the fact we have players representing their country. People need to cheer up!

I expect there's kids on Twitter who like seeing it. Maybe some adults do too. I didn't mind watching it. Nice enough finish in the corner. No harm done.

That's true of course, however if the club consistently put out content the supporters want then they wouldn't care.

The issue is that they consistently get it wrong - almost more often than not I'd say. As a result, people are hypercritical of their social media content and rightly so. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not the retweeting of them in isolation, it's the accompanying caption which was a fire emoji as if to imply it was some sort of ridiculous piece of skill. It wasn't, a good percentage of the forum could probably do it themselves. It all just feels like a big disconnect and misunderstanding of the fans and what they want.

To his credit, Ryan Morgan (the guy who actually runs the social media despite loads of people bizarrely thinking it's Dave Parsons tweeting personally), tweeted asking fans what they want to see as matchday content 

Weird how much it angers people. Davefevs even called Ryan an effing idiot.  

It's not the retweeting of them in isolation, it's the accompanying caption which was a fire emoji as if to imply it was some sort of ridiculous piece of skill. It wasn't, a good percentage of the forum could probably do it themselves. It all just feels like a big disconnect and misunderstanding of the fans and what they want.

To his credit, Ryan Morgan (the guy who actually runs the social media despite loads of people bizarrely thinking it's Dave Parsons tweeting personally), tweeted asking fans what they want to see as matchday content 

As far as I’m aware, Ryan is a video man, he used to do the Surrey Scorchers basketball stuff, and when he joined Bristol Sport, I assumed it was to ease the workload on Joel Osborne (the man behind the gifs).  However he looks like he moved into the football side.  His video work is good.  If he is indeed running the twitter account, he misses the mood of a football fan.

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Weird how much it angers people. Davefevs even called Ryan an effing idiot.  

Really?  Did I?  Don’t recall that?  On twitter?  Doesn’t sound like me?  Seriously, are you sure it wasn’t FaveDevs?  Someone was “trolling” me last week....good natured, admittedly by creating a bogus twitter handle!.  It doesn’t genuinely sound like something I’d tweet.  If it was me, I’d love to see the tweet.  Thanks in anticipation.

To his non credit though I saw that tweet and nothing in his bio, name, picture etc gave any real indication that this was a genuine request from somebody involved in the club.

It hinted loosely in his bio but that was it. Why not start with Hi I’m Ryan Morgan and I oversee fan context for the Bcfc site or similar.

It just looked like some random guy asking what we want to see and with so many uber-fans launching podcasts, websites etc it was not obvious he was formally linked to the official site.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough.

I genuinely don't get where there's a problem in retweeting a video of one of our players scoring a goal during training on international duty. The fire emoji? Honestly who really cares they included that!

Its just a bit of support for one of our players. And highlights the fact we have players representing their country. People need to cheer up!

I expect there's kids on Twitter who like seeing it. Maybe some adults do too. I didn't mind watching it. Nice enough finish in the corner. No harm done.

I like seeing COD is not available for selection for us if that helps 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really?  Did I?  Don’t recall that?  On twitter?  Doesn’t sound like me?  Seriously, are you sure it wasn’t FaveDevs?  Someone was “trolling” me last week....good natured, admittedly by creating a bogus twitter handle!.  It doesn’t genuinely sound like something I’d tweet.  If it was me, I’d love to see the tweet.  Thanks in anticipation.

A parody Twitter account. My god you've made it. That's it. You're a bonefide celebrity now mate. Blue ticks and box seats are on their way to you.

The clubs instagram is terrible, I assume the twitter follows the likes of those Leverkusen and Mönchengladbach accounts with low effort trolling. 

Last time I checked the twitter page they were sort of forcing thatchers into everything, which I only assume was because they have them as a sponsor as I've never seen that before

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Not sure that is related to OTIB

Dave is very active on Twitter too

Yes but he is a prominent OTIB poster...

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Someone was “trolling” me last week....good natured, admittedly by creating a bogus twitter handle!.  

That’s really creepy. I wouldn’t like that at all. Could get you into lots of trouble. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As far as I’m aware, Ryan is a video man, he used to do the Surrey Scorchers basketball stuff, and when he joined Bristol Sport, I assumed it was to ease the workload on Joel Osborne (the man behind the gifs).  However he looks like he moved into the football side.  His video work is good.  If he is indeed running the twitter account, he misses the mood of a football fan.

Yep, exactly. He’s not grown up as a fan and it shows, as @Eastside Moonwalker points out - the club clearly tries to emulate those novelty Bundesliga accounts with its approach. Our support just don’t like it very much. It’s rarely funny and often overdone. 

He does do very good video content - that’s clearly his strength.

I also thought that twitter account was you - couldn’t believe you’d use such language!

• Admin
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes but he is a prominent OTIB poster...

That’s really creepy. I wouldn’t like that at all. Could get you into lots of trouble. 

Indeed he is, but the original comment implied he was being trolled because of being on OTIB.

Dave is equally active on Twitter

I would personally report the account and get it shut down 

6 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Not great is it. 

Got to admit though - I wouldn't have known that wasn't him!

Nor would I.

But it isn’t our job, is it?

Pretty amateurish & disrespectful to Cameron Pring, also looks small time to do something like that.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They'll be wearing it in either 3 or 10 days time, so I'm not enirely sure anyone on the face of the planet outside of the inner sanctum of Bristol Sport gives a stuff!

No idea why anyone gives a **** really. Red t-shirt that children and fat middle aged men will be waddling around it (having paid 60 quid for the pleasure).

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Seriously. Is our commercial team having a laugh? The incompetence is unreal. Someone higher up needs to have a word. I mean, this is surely basic stuff? BASIC. It's even written on the screen in the background. 

Screenshot_20200905_201939.jpg

Noticed today the score line in the top corner was 1-0 Exeter after Pato scoring, before being corrected a few moments later. 

All of it just needs tidying up.

Archived