IGNORED

Endless problems with the clubs social media output

Southstandoriginal

1 minute ago, Lez said:

You clearly engage with social media far more than me.

I don't engage with it AT ALL. No facepalmbookshit. No Twitter. No Instaprick. Nada.

But - unfortunately - as far as the outside world are concerned - these people are viewed as speaking for all of us: you, me, and everyone else associated with BCFC.

ucFk that.

And ucFk them.

I unfollowed that account months ago. Personally find it to be a conveyor belt of childish and annoying content.

Who are they targeting? 8 - 16 year olds presumably, which is fair enough, but by doing that you alienate everyone one else!!

Perhaps the club could create an account for adult fans?

Just now, ChubStixx said:

I unfollowed that account months ago. Personally find it to be a conveyor belt of childish and annoying content.

Who are they targeting? 8 - 16 year olds presumably, which is fair enough, but by doing that you alienate everyone one else!!

With Adam Baker back in charge 

9 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Actually think there’s scope for something like this. The content is so youth-market “banter” orientated now. Some of us just want straightforward club news and information.

They could call it @BristolCityGrownUps

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Actually think there’s scope for something like this. The content is so youth-market “banter” orientated now. Some of us just want straightforward club news and information.

They could call it @BristolCityGrownUps

If a fan was really bothered create it, follow the club account and retweet relevant tweets for everyone else

21 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Trouble is, they'd have to employ adults then too, mate. 

I knew this would post would polarise. It’s called banter, I’m sure you thing plenty of stuff is funny that isn’t to others. 

Personally I thought this was a bit of a miss rather than a hit like some of the other posts, but I find it’s usually 75/25 with the content for me.

Some of their stuff is quite successful (goal gifs...) but there does seem to be a bit of a disparity between the smooth, professional image we like to portray 98% of the time and some of the crap we put on Twitter.

Wouldn't be surprised if they’re made to rein it in a bit. It’s not like social media is a revenue driver for us, so if it’s turning off fans then it’s failing.

1 minute ago, RobArnold10 said:

I knew this would post would polarise. It’s called banter, I’m sure you thing plenty of stuff is funny that isn’t to others. 

Personally I thought this was a bit of a miss rather than a hit like some of the other posts, but I find it’s usually 75/25 with the content for me.

I think the line to draw is between celebration of City's success, and laughing at/with ourselves - and trying to mock other clubs. The latter doesn't really work. Looks cheap. And in this case - given the relative statures of Bristol City and Leeds United - more than a bit pathetic.

I don't know who is in charge of the club's social media but we need an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Thank you for calling it "banter". That says it all.

Because, hate to tell you this, but "banter" equates to "puerile and embarrassing " for a helluva lot of us.  

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

No idea how it's banter

But is this not an official club twitter feed?

The club would never dream of posting "banter" on the official site so why is it accepted on Twitter? 

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes indeed, commiserations bro, you do have to live them with them!

And PS -  it wasn't funny

*Work with them. Don't live with them any more. But they are mainly arseholes, with some kind of weird God complex about their stature in the game which so seems to manifest in this off notion that "everyone's against them" and they are the quintessential "spend money we don't have and **** the consequences for anyone else" club. But other than that they're all fine

6 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

well done Leeds.....the Premier League needs you and you've been absent for too long

That would have made a much better post. There is no point in picking a fight with a club the size of Leeds Utd.

Like them or loathe them they are a proper big club which make the likes of Villa look small.

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thank you for calling it "banter". That says it all.

Because, hate to tell you this, but "banter" equates to "puerile and embarrassing " for a helluva lot of us.  

Ah right, so by inference that would make somebody like me what, beneath you? Asinine? 

Just because you don’t have the same taste as somebody else doesn’t mean it wrong. Not is it a reflection on the other individual. And please, please don’t make it sound like you’re in the majority because you have no facts behind that at all. 

Humour like many things is subjective. My original point was the same.

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

*Work with them. Don't live with them any more. But they are mainly arseholes, with some kind of weird God complex about their stature in the game which so seems to manifest in this off notion that "everyone's against them" and they are the quintessential "spend money we don't have and **** the consequences for anyone else" club. But other than that they're all fine

All out of likes for today ?

PS. The combination of an arrogant Yorkshire mindset and their, in all fairness, significant achievements between 1965 and 1975, does explain - if not excuse - the behaviour that winds us all up these days.    

15 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I take it you don't like Leeds then? ?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Ah right, so by inference that would make somebody like me what, beneath you? Asinine? 

Just because you don’t have the same taste as somebody else doesn’t mean it wrong. Not is it a reflection on the other individual. And please, please don’t make it sound like you’re in the majority because you have no facts behind that at all. 

you're beginning to sound like you are associated with the people who write these tweets 

4 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I didn't say it was wrong.

I said it was puerile and embarrassing.

If you don't understand how Bristol City, perennial lower league nobodies, taking the piss out of Leeds United - winners of the  First Division, FA Cup, League Cup, robbed in a European Cup final and a Cup Winner Cup final by corrupt refereeing, and so on and so on - is an embarrassment...

...then you're as clueless as the pricks in charge of our ****tter account.

PS. None of that gives me any pleasure - Leeds fans are, almost to a man, woman and child, with the rare exception, a feking pain in the arse,

But facts are facts - our officials taking the mickey out of them for achieving something we've only ever managed in 120 years is...    

Archived