IGNORED

Swansea City v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

Good morning everyone.

It's the penultimate game of this season and today's opponents are going to make this an entertaining game. 

Currently sitting in 8th spot, they are still pushing for a play off position. Technically and mathematically, so are we and as much as DH says "no one is on the beach", the chances of us achieving a maximum 6 points against Swansea and current P.O. contenders Preston, and expect Cardiff, Millwall and Swansea and Preston themselves to drop points, it makes it even more unlikely.

Dean Holden can say what he likes but I for one will be watching curiously later to see the effort put in by our squad. 

However, there is some interesting info. Two of Swansea's key players will be unavailable for selection (on loan GK Woodman is out with a hip injury and veteran Noughton is on a 3 match ban after a straight red card v Forest). Coincidentally, Woodman is on loan from Newcastle and Steve Bruce really rates him. One for the future I feel. Watch this space.

With regards to our team selection, Mr Williams is now available again after serving his ban for being an idiot. Potentially, we may never see him in a City shirt again if Deano sticks will the CBs Kalas and Vyner or will he take up Baker's position if Baker is indeed injured again? I can't see Bakes playing as he's hurt his boy bits so I think Williams will start.

There will be goals today and certainly, some will be going past Dan Bentley. I'm a betting woman and my money will be on a Swansea 2-1 win with both teams to score. 

Until next week...

COYRS!

ps Leeds went up but we will probably have Villa next season so Sky Sports is happy.

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning everyone.

It's the penultimate game of this season and today's opponents are going to make this an entertaining game. 

Currently sitting in 8th spot, they are still pushing for a play off position. Technically and mathematically, so are we and as much as DH says "no one is on the beach", the chances of us achieving a maximum 6 points against Swansea and current P.O. contenders Preston, and expect Cardiff, Millwall and Swansea and Preston themselves to drop points, it makes it even more unlikely.

Dean Holden can say what he likes but I for one will be watching curiously later to see the effort put in by our squad. 

However, there is some interesting info. Two of Swansea's key players will be unavailable for selection (on loan GK Woodman is out with a hip injury and veteran Noughton is on a 3 match ban after a straight red card v Forest). Coincidentally, Woodman is on loan from Newcastle and Steve Bruce really rates him. One for the future I feel. Watch this space.

With regards to our team selection, Mr Williams is now available again after serving his ban for being an idiot. Potentially, we may never see him in a City shirt again if Deano sticks will the CBs Kalas and Vyner or will he take up Baker's position if Baker is indeed injured again? I can't see Bakes playing as he's hurt his boy bits so I think Williams will start.

There will be goals today and certainly, some will be going past Dan Bentley. I'm a betting woman and my money will be on a Swansea 2-1 win with both teams to score. 

Until next week...

COYRS!

ps Leeds went up but we will probably have Villa next season so Sky Sports is happy.

I like Peg’s match day threads.

It’s all a bit meaningless now with the playoffs but a distant dream and no new coach in sight .

Let’s just hope for a bit of entertainment . 

Swansea 1  City 2. Famm scoring both in the first half. Swansea peppering our goal area in the second half and hitting the post twice, City players creating a fortress in defence in the second half with blood and guts on the line. COYR 

Please Dean, Don't let Williams play.  He is a disgrace to this football club and too old and too slow anyway.  I don't even want him in the squad.

Swansea have a realistic chance of a top 6 birth, so they will be going for it big time. I hope that Dean Holden can end the season unbeaten with at least a draw today and a win against Preston

With Baker doubtful, I have a horrible feeling that Williams will play against his old club.

Even though Afobe is fit, I would like to see an unchanged team fitness permitting.  This allows Fam and Nahki to improve their partnership.

352/532 gives us presence in midfield, though if Baker is out, we could revert to a flat back four.

Hoping for a decent game even though the playoffs are out of reach all but mathematically.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I like Peg’s match day threads.

It’s all a bit meaningless now with the playoffs but a distant dream and no new coach in sight .

Let’s just hope for a bit of entertainment . 

We will win major 

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Please Dean, Don't let Williams play.  He is a disgrace to this football club and too old and too slow anyway.  I don't even want him in the squad.

Swansea have a realistic chance of a top 6 birth, so they will be going for it big time. I hope that Dean Holden can end the season unbeaten with at least a draw today and a win against Preston

With Baker doubtful, I have a horrible feeling that Williams will play against his old club.

Even though Afobe is fit, I would like to see an unchanged team fitness permitting.  This allows Fam and Nahki to improve their partnership.

352/532 gives us presence in midfield, though if Baker is out, we could revert to a flat back four.

Hoping for a decent game even though the playoffs are out of reach all but mathematically.

Will come down to fitness and availability, if Hunt needs a rest Vyner will probably go RWB and if we want to play 3 at the back and Baker is injured the Williams will more than likely have to play, not that I want him to.

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Disappointed in the decision to play Williams. Apart from being a liability, he’s not exactly the future is he

If we want to stick to 3 CB's we don't really have an option, no CB's on the bench 

W

13 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Midfield Looks a problem to me, but then been a problem all season...

Gonna miss Diedhiou defending corners, perhaps a good player to bring on after ah hour if we are not losing by them..

Trying to give Afobe more game time (do we read anything into that?)

Assuming Baker and Benkovic injured which leaves the defence looking a bit light...

Lets just go for it today nothing to lose attack, attack, attack.....COYR

Just now, David Brent said:

Let’s not stick to 3 cbs then

We have no context for when Benkovic became unavailable, all the prep will have been for playing with a back 3. Thursday would have been a recovery day, yesterday pre-match day so no real time on the training ground either.

21 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Disappointed in the decision to play Williams. Apart from being a liability, he’s not exactly the future is he

I think he might genuinely be one of the worst signings, on the whole, we’ve made in recent years.

Sure, he was solid at the start and scored a couple goals but he’s literally cost us two games with his reds, he’s slow and he’s blocked the pathway for both Moore and Benković. He should’ve been our emergency CB, not our first choice.

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

I think he might genuinely be one of the worst signings, on the whole, we’ve made in recent years.

Sure, he was solid at the start and scored a couple goals but he’s literally cost us two games with his reds, he’s slow and he’s blocked the pathway for both Moore and Benković. He should’ve been our emergency CB, not our first choice. 

Replacing Webster with him was like trading in an Aston Martin for a Reliant Robin. 

Forest I`d agree but we were so abject against Brentford we could have had two more players than them and still got stuffed.

Archived