IGNORED

Swansea City v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

Smith should not be offered a new contract. Can’t pass, lost a yard or two of pace and we have better players waiting in the wings on lesser money.

weimann should be sold. Doesn’t offer enough, last year of contract, high wages and blocks pathway for others.

pato needs to be sold. Last year of contract, more streaky than Lee Johnson, also blocking pathway and high wages we could hopefully get off the books.

watkins needs gone. Biggest passenger at the club.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

In a time where money is tight as no fans, is it really wise to let a decent championship midfielder leave on a free? Keep him even if he is back up and spend what little money we have on other areas.  

He’s not a decent championship midfielder though is he? He is pretty average. Doesn’t offer anything going forward either.

You can’t just keep players because money might be tight or based on sentiment. We don’t know yet what the impact will be. They need to offer something. Given we also have Morrell & Walsh back as well I don’t see any need to keep a player way passed his best. 

Midfield is the main area we need to improve. Letting Korey go is the right thing to do.

Just now, Taylor10 said:

He’s not a decent championship midfielder though is he? He is pretty average. Doesn’t offer anything going forward either.

You can’t just keep players because money might be tight or based on sentiment. We don’t know yet what the impact will be. They need to offer something. Given we also have Morrell & Walsh back as well I don’t see any need to keep a player way passed his best. 

Midfield is the main area we need to improve. Letting Korey go is the right thing to do.

Assume you didn’t watch him against Boro 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Is Palmer even that good though? The player everyone says is amazing yet he has played well about 6 times for us including last season.

What opportunities has the bloke had. Weimann had a terrible run of form and is picked every week. Palmer has a poor game and is sent to the wilderness for months. If Johnson was never going to give him a chance why the hell did he sign him.

Disappointing in that, at one point, we had Wells, Afobe, Diedhiou, Palmer, Paterson, Eliasson & Weimann on the pitch, and didn’t get a single shot at goal!! 

I mean, like......, how, is that, ya know, like, possible.....? 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Disappointing in that, at one point, we had Wells, Afobe, Diedhiou, Palmer, Paterson, Eliasson & Weimann on the pitch, and didn’t get a single shot at goal!! 

A bit rhetorical that ..

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Tactical diarrhoea

Just now, Harry said:

More frustrating is that we were actually getting the ball into the box, into positions where shots could, and should, be taken. I can't agree with Morrell in the post-match here. We worked the ball into position and then too often tried to lay it off or pass it wide, or tried the dinked cross to the far post. Every now and then you've just got to hit it. Test the keeper - Championship keepers have weaknesses, so test them.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly. The commentators noted that with them on we didn’t have much defensively ( I paraphrase) but surely as far as attacking wentvwe should have at least had a shot.

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

What opportunities has the bloke had. Weimann had a terrible run of form and is picked every week. Palmer has a poor game and is sent to the wilderness for months. If Johnson was never going to give him a chance why the hell did he sign him.

Some players fitted the managers game plan, ie Weimann, and some just didnt, ie Palmer. Our new manager, when he arrives, will assess the squad and make up his own mind on how he wans us to play.  We may well see a different game plan next season even with the same players. Just glad this terms over, almost.

Archived